Cube frame number

Simone96
Simone96 Posts: 3
edited January 2016 in MTB general
I bought a new cube bike and wanted to write down the frame number. It took me some time to finally find a number on the bike, but I found two numbers on the bottom bracket. But I'm not sure which number is the frame number.

I made some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/zZ14q, I don't know whether the WOW23197 (I think the last number is a 7, but I'm not sure), or the IPO4151 (which is partly hidden because of the cables) is the frame number.

Can somebody help me out? I can't find the number anywhere else on the bike or on the receipt.

Comments

• RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Sometimes Cubes come with the frame number on a sticky label that is wrapped around the top tube. These may get put in your kit bag. They start WOW then it is 5 numbers, 2 letters, 4 numbers (month and year of frame manufacturing) and then one final letter (if it is a hardtail this is M or if it is a full suspension bike it is F)

So your frame number appears to as above but ending in M instead of 1
  • I couldn't find any sticky labels on the bike. It's actually not a mountainbike but a hybrid/touring bike (Cube Touring SL) but I just thought it should be more or less the same for mountainbikes, that's why I placed it here. So in that case it should be WOW23197IP0415(T) and I can't really see if the last number is a 1 or 7 or if it's a T (for Touring).
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    It's probably T at the end. I haven't seen many Cube hybrid bikes, but they lay their frame numbers out in a certain way and T is the most logical character at the end