sungod Posts: 16,435
edited December 2015 in The bottom bracket
brekkie, easy ride to visit mum and fatcats

home, consider going to gym, veg out until bubbly time
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning, chesty as hell, and not the blonde boob version.

New bike day for TWL. Out for breakfast shortly and then lots of hot fluids. May not drink later just so I can shift this bad chest. We shall see
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    Sun is out, not blowing a hoolie so will bike to a village with some banking facilities. Weighed myself this morning, fat knacker, gained just under a stone. Must have enjoyed the last month.... :oops:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Morning (just),

Been into Redka for supplies, now just waiting for the wind to die down a bit before heading out on the bike to blow away the cobwebs and some lard :) Git some booze in for this evening though very much doubt the 'rents will make it to midnight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Good midday to you all

Footering around till OH takes Toots off somewhere then it's a (slow) bike ride hopefully.

Finally got the Hi Fi set up in the living room. Cranked the Rotel up and now the Wharfedale's are singing. I don't care what they say about Japanese speakers, these things are the mutts nuts. Might have a 12" 80's Vinyl revival fest when the OH goes to work.

...and slap a Disabled notice on the front door:

nec2009141.jpg

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice gentle run with a pal this morning, then went over to another pals to get a crudder bike off him now he's got a new carbon bronson

Had a quick play on the dirt, now just catching up on a few jobs before we go to a party - going to be messy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Final ride of the year now done, quick foray into the foothills of the North Yorks Moors. Hills + wind = hard work but a decent bit of scenery and a cracking descent back into town. Quick trip into town for final supplies then its tine to chill and drink.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening all,
    Reasonably quiet day here. Done a few odd bits and pieces, pulled air beds out the loft for a variety of teenagers staying over. Mountain of bacon bought in for the morning. Mrs and I are off out tonight, best thing for us.
    Have a good one folks.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Yes, as the Green Man says, have a good 'un folks!
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Haha indeed,here's to the cycle of life and many happy miles for everyone.
  • pinno
    Had fun with my turntable but the stylus is worn out. I looked online at the myriad of stylii (?) and couldn't narrow it down so called the local TV repair shop and they said they had a few in a box somewhere. Low and behold, they found the box (full to the brim) and one at the very top priced £29.99 was a Shure 3x stylus, no bar code on the box. Would you Adam and Eve it!? He said "I was serious" whatever that means and he sold it to me for £15.
    Made my day, except I quickly lost the left output and haven't figured it out yet so the Vinyl fest is on hold unless I put up with mono...
  • sungod
    a sudden vinyl urge came over me a few years ago, got the first album out (master of the universe, hawkwind, way better than the anaemic cd version), turned things on, hmmm, platter not spinning, the drive belt had died, must've been about 25 years old, utterly crestfallen

found some o-rings the correct size online, happiness restored

still living with the regret of ditching my active tri-amped system though, it may've been ugly, but it sounded so good
  • pinno
    MY Rotel amp and the Wharfedales are A1. My Pioneer turntable is not a belt drive, thank fook. I had a quick glance on Ebay and they are very pricey. I had a root around and couldn't find anything obvious that may have needed soldering so it may be worth getting it fixed. :(
    'Anaemic' - exactly.
  • sungod
    the fine wires that connect to the pins on the cartridge can get delicate with age, might be one has given up the ghost or come adrift, could even be inside the deck where the wires from the pickup arm are connected to the output connectors (or beefier cable if it's a captive one)

if you've got a multimeter you can narrow things down easily

though of course it could be that the cartridge was a dodgy one, swap left-right at the cartridge end to test that
  • pinno
    I checked the wires out of the cartridge and they are all solid. I did swap them over but to no avail, Yes, I will check the output from the arm and I do have a multi meter.