The Last Sunday of the Year Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited December 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well it's frosty this morning and lovely sunny blue skies. Hopefully this will help lower the river levels during the day. The Irwell was almost higher than Bury Bridge, which don't believe has ever happened. If it gets cut off, it cuts off one side of the town from the other, and the next crossing point in both directions (about 5 miles away) have already flooded!

Anywho, today is a pretty standard day. I get to earn some cash for a small carol service tonight, and then meeting some old school friends for beer and possibly curry!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Still sub tropical down here. Although a bit damp.

We're off to the in-laws for food n drink. The hot daughters wiill be a bonus, although the hound can keep us amused if all else fails. Currently checking traffic reports to find out how the hell to get there when the world is due to be on the road today...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hey oop m0ngs

Sunny and picturesque in the mountains, foggy in Geneva! Got a pick up very soon then back up the hill! 19 guests arrive today so this crudder and his kitchen goddesses have a hell of a week coming up and still hardly any snow!

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Hey oop m0ngs

Sunny and picturesque in the mountains, foggy in Geneva! Got a pick up very soon then back up the hill! 19 guests arrive today so this crudder and his kitchen goddesses have a hell of a week coming up and still hardly any snow!

Toodles.
    Our next door neighbours headed off to the Pyrenees yesterday for a bit of skiing - I wished them good luck :twisted:

Still beats being here mind!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hey oop m0ngs

Toodles.
    Our next door neighbours headed off to the Pyrenees yesterday for a bit of skiing - I wished them good luck :twisted:

They'll be fine, they just need to keep on the beers!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Hey oop m0ngs

Toodles.

They'll be fine, they just need to keep on the beers!
    That might be a bit tricky for their three kids aged 3, 6 and 8. They're not from Newcastle you see.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon chumps,

Typically crap weather out rainy and just dull, missus has decided to hide in bed for the day nothings going on so ive spent the day model making an getting high off the paints an solvents and supping coffee.
  • Greetings all,

Last Sunday of the year sucks too. Emergency Dental appointment to get a tooth removed and dentist stopped and is referring me for sedation as the injections weren't having the desired affect,ie, I still felt everything and not "pressure".

Anyone had sedation before?

Weather is shoot too so no bike time.
  • sedation as in complete knock out or just local anaesthetic? I've had both. They're awesome!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • sedation as in complete knock out or just local anaesthetic? I've had both. They're awesome!

Not too sure he just said sedation, I was in too much pain to ask more.

Since he tried pulling it yesterday cheek has swollen up and hard. But got my amoxicillin this morning and some co codalmol. Think they have just all started to kick in as in moderate pain now compared to the agony I was in this morning and an abscess has appeared next to the tooth so guessing the antibiotics are doing the job.

After speaking with my dentist he said they shouldn't have tried extraction whilst it is infected as you can't numb the tooth properly. Hence I hit the roof.

Been knocked out in hospital before a few times with general anaesthetic then woken up again, find that stuff crazy creepy.

Can they knock you out at the dentist? Thought that could only be done at the hospital? But hospitals don't do dental work?
  • Yeah dentists can, it was the only way I had teeth removed as a kid as I wouldn't let them near my mouth with a needle. I've been known to punch nurses for injecting me (I was a child at the time)
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Yeah dentists can, it was the only way I had teeth removed as a kid as I wouldn't let them near my mouth with a needle. I've been known to punch nurses for injecting me (I was a child at the time)

Self defense is what I call it. I never had a problem until I had a wisdom tooth forcefully removed and I had to grab the hand of pain and convince him it was not numb.

If it is numb, do anything I say. But when you say it is not numb and they carry on its wrong.

Are we talking bout the same thing I want, like being knocked out for an op?
  • Yeah, general anaesthetic is where you're completely knocked out cold. Local anaesthetic is just numbing an area. Some dentists usually have the facilities to knock you out, but not all.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Will be the general I need then as he said not all dentists offer it. Pain has gone down so much but trying to get it sorted quick before it comes back.