Voodoo Bizango and Doncaster rides

gbow1968
gbow1968 Posts: 7
edited December 2015 in MTB beginners
I'm just looking into.getting a.mountain bike after quite a few years off the bike. I've.been hearing good things about the Voodoo Bizango thats currently on offer at Halfords for £559 until next Sunday and will be calling in store this week to try one for size. I'm not sure the largest 20inch frame will be quite big enough I am 6'2" any advice on this bike would be appreciate. Also are there any guys that go out riding regularly round the Doncaster area as I don't want to have a shiny new bike just sat in the garage, oh and I'm in my 40s so people around my age would be good thanks in advance for anyone who replies.

Comments

• John Wh
    John Wh Posts: 239
    FYI, the new Bizango just won another group test in it's category in What Mountain Bike mag.
  • Thanks I have read lots of very positive reviews.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Sometimes stop to regroup at Cannock and apart from carbon Santa Cruz's, Oranges, fatbikes, rigid 29rs and ebikes the most popular bike by far is the Bizango. They look pretty good value.

Not sure you would need a 20" frame it would be a big old gate even for you at 6'2". I'm the same height and find something a bit (or a lot) smaller is better you don't want to be locked in one position on a MTB. Although to begin with it'll be easier to pedal the lack of maneuverability will hamper you in the long term
  • I did go into halfords and have a look at the bizango but it was up on a high display and the sales assistant was very reluctant to take it down for me to try it for size, all he did was try to put me off by saying it would be way to small for someone as tall as me and try and talk me into buying a incline 13 beta which I had told him was more than I wanted to spend. So I will try again this weekend with better results I hope.
  • mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    Maybe the shop clerk has his eyes on it if it might be discounted further in the near future ? Was he about 6'? :mrgreen:

Either way, very poor salesmanship.

I'm 6'3 and have a 22"carrera.. It's a bit of a limousine but I don't do anything really technical. After some adjustments (lifting the seat tube up an inch or so) it's fine but voodoo frames will be different.. I dare say it will fit fine bar minor adjustment but you do need to sit on one.

Ask for a manager next time!