How make my MTB more comfortable?

copperthorpe
copperthorpe Posts: 82
edited December 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi folks,

I ride a Talon 27.5 and I want to know if I changed my bars would I get a more 'sit up' style as I use my bike for getting around town and will never take it off road (bike was given to me so just want to adapt it to my needs).
C49

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You can use either higher rise bars or a high rise stem. Don't go wider with the bars, that will have the opposite effect.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If it has wide bars, you could fit some narrower ones, otherwise as RMSC says, riser bars and or a riser stem.

Not sure why riding round town means you want to sit up though, even my town hack bike has the grips about 2" below the saddle as I find that more comfy than taking all the weight on my precious 'arris.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Back problems sadly but will try the riser stem idea....thanks
    C49
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Search eBay for BBB riser handlebar stem, it's what you want, don't get one of those horrid steerer extenders, not a good idea.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    An dont get an adjustable stem either. Other end of things how is the saddle position? You may be able to nudge it forward slightly to sit you up a slight amount. That or if the seat post is a layback you may be able to swap to an inline post but both may affect how you pedal.
  • This is why I use this forum,good friendly advice on all topics.
    Thank you have a Happy New year to all & safe riding for 2016. :D
    C49