Sportful Sizing

designman
designman Posts: 405
edited December 2015 in Road buying advice
Is Sportful Sizing exactly the same as Castelli Sizing, I wear a lot of castelli gear in size medium and was curious if sportful would be the same.

Comments

• nicklong
    nicklong Posts: 231
    I can only go by one garment, but I have a Sportful R&D Wind Jersey (fleece-lined race-cut jersey) in size S and Castelli Gabba in size M.

I'd say Sportful is a bit more generous, but not much (I also fit into small Castelli stuff, depends on the Jersey).
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Castelli sizing is variable, depending if you've gone for a race fit or not and the same goes for Sportful. I've found that like for like, they size up pretty similar though.
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    There are variances in Sportful's own line let alone other companies.

I tried a pair of Total Comfort and a pair of R & D bib tights, both in xxxl(I'm 6'6"). The R & D were smaller than the Total Comfort although same size, and on par with the Sorpassos in xxxl.

Both supposed to be skin tight so can't really say one is race cut and the other isn't.

Quality on both bibs were a match for the Castelli Rosso Corsa line up.
  • Most of my castelli gear is race fit, so I'd be looking for similar in the sportful range (Jackets & Jerseys).
    I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    If it's race fit you want, then you should look at Sportful's Bodyfit Pro and Gruppetto range. The latter are slightly more forgiving, but the design and quality is very good.
  • I was looking into purchasing the "Sportful Fiandre Extreme NeoShell Jacket" and "Sportful BodyFit Pro Windstopper Jacket" and was curious if I should get the medium in both these jackets.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I'm medium in all my Sportful tops (Fiandre no rain softshell, no rain light top and R&D wind jersey), and also some Castelli tops. The R&D wind jersey is the tightest but mainly because the material isn't designed to be as stretchy as the others. I've read that the Fiandre Extreme jackets are also a little restrictive due to the relative lack of stretch. I have to say I'm tempted to try one, as a properly breathable waterproof jacket sounds great. I'd order two sizes from Wiggle and use their free returns for the one that doesn't fit...oh, I'm 37.5" chest and 33" waist.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...