hybrid bike help

kotaszczu
kotaszczu Posts: 3
edited December 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,
I'm looking for a new bike. I'm cycling on daily basis, at least 5 days a week doing around 80 miles weekly during whole year. I'm living in London so I'm looking for a city bike with possibility to convert it to touring bike ( by adding pannier racks and mudguards ) and take it for longer route. At this moment I'm using Giant roam xr-1 2010 edition (with Shwalbe marathon plus 700x28c tyres), which I was quite happy with. Unfortunately my bike is very used, as I'm not the best with taking care about it on daily basis (to make working well I would need to change tyres, cassete, bottom bracket, chainset, brakes .. almost everything ;( ). I'm quite flexible with the budget, but as most of us I wouldn't like to spend too much. I found this bike on chain reaction cycles:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitus-bikes-mach-3-disc-city-bike-2015/rp-prod120682

Any thoughts? Is it worth to save money (it's just 399f) or should I invest more? Spending twice or three times more would gave me much more durability? Any opinions about vitus, as they seem to be quite cheap? It seems to be perfect bike for me (tyre size, weight (10.8kg), alu frame, which as I read on forum is better for pannier racks).

Many thanks if someone can help me or suggest best solution

Comments