lemmy dead :(

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,532
edited December 2015 in The cake stop
always remember the 12" single was cut so high there was pre-echo on the lead in, still got it, play it loud today

"motorhead, remember me now, motorhead alright"
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Yup totally gutted

"If this band moved in next door to you, your lawn would die "

Rock and Roll legend.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    With his lifestyle, it was a wonder he lasted til 70.
    Although I shouldn't be, I am always surprised when I see the current ages of the musicians I grew up listening to. They remain like Dorian Grey in my mind's eye.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    He live hard and played music hard and loud. Great guy who did the Rickenbacker real justice. I'm glad I got to see him perform.

I love the travel story of a young British bloke who happened to wander into a shabby bar in some nondescript town in the middle of nowhere in the USA. He ordered his beer and a chap in black who was sat at the bar nursing a bottle of Jack Daniels turned round on hearing his accent. It was Lemmy. They spent the whole evening finishing off the bottle and just 'chewing the fat'.

RIP Lemmy.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Motorhead have been one of my favorite bands for years,but do think the guy has been living on borrowed time,Motorhead were such an influence on alot of metal bands,but he didn't seem to care about taking credit for it,such a sad loss and going so quick after Philthy Animal as well,

I was due to see them in the new year at Newcastle,but iv'e seen them a few time before,as late as last year supporting Black Sabbath at Hyde Park where he was still barking it out,one bands music that has stood the test of time
  • I know it's a cliche but this is the passing of a legend. His influence on rock music was huge. I have many great memories from their gigs - still the best band I have seen live.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Always made me laugh when i heard him in interviews and his film Lemmy is great,maybe he'll be back :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    :(
    Rip
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    I remember that B movie he was in - "Eat the rich".
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    I remember that B movie he was in - "Eat the rich".

Don't forget Hardware.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • I'm briefly in this. Lemmy and the boys were polite on set.

https://youtu.be/xuTXycjRx4U
    Infinite diversity, infinte variations