The Last Tuesday of the Year Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited December 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well, I don't think I'll be getting any lie ins during this week. I've come back to Huddersfield and the builders start using saws and drills from about 8am. Nice. Can't wait for them to move in when I get up at 5:50 :twisted:

Today, I don't really have a lot to do. I plan on tidying a bit, and maybe selling some things on eBay (anybody after some Thule bike carriers for the roof?) and then this evening I've off to walk a dog again.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Morning mongs,

Back in work today.. attempting to do as little a humanly possible as I CBA...

Laters
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning all,
    Two cups of tea drunk, might wake the kids up soon. Lazy day today, really should take the boy out for a drive if my nerves can handle it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Long trek North for me today. Just packing my stuff up then a birthday lunch for the wife, then its the joys of the A1. Hope it isn't flooded.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Back in the office of doom, currently a "pleasant" 26c in here with the aircon on. Everyone in the office seems to be ill including me a quite trip to the docs earlier confirmed I have tonsillitis. Great fun biking in as the car was blocked in again ill harass boots later get the antibiotics an other gumph.
  • Well that was fun. I decided that paying £46 a month for Virgin broadband, TV and phone was ridiculous (it's going up in a month or so) so went on BT and I could get Broadband and phone for £25 a month, and they said to sign up before telling current provider.
    So I did.
    Phone up Virgin "Ok, we'll match the £25 a month, but our broadband is going to be roughly 55mb compared to their 38mb and we don't have download limits". Plus, it's free to change, rather than the £55 activation for BT.

So now I need to cancel the BT contract that I set up less than 30 minutes ago :roll:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Sods law that, but least its quicker and no caps though. Should be a simple call to BT hopefully
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola bumders,

Been driving guests to areas where there is skiing! It is due to snow soon so they can all catch the bus as i'll be shredding the nar dude!

In other new Mrs13 has ordered two piglets so we can fatten em up over the summer and then fill the freezer with them. How much bacon do you think i can get from 2 Oxford Sandy and Black snorkers?
    And it'll all be mine, mine i tell you!

Toodles!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Typical when switching ISPs.

Looking for a way to lower the cost on my Sky package.

Well wet and cold today, carried on with Thunderbirds boxset and read about the Strathpuffer in MBR and thought that sounds good I want to do it. A year to train. Card out headed to the website all sold out. Never done a race before but I thought what better one to cut my teeth on. Plus it would have been a goal to aim for.

Then the shower screen (over bath) top hinge decided to break whilst I was cleaning the glass, luckily I saved it. Can't get the part anywhere. Wonder if I can epoxy it (plastic and clean break)? Thoughts as I don't want to spend a few hundred for the sake of a five pound part. 3D printer would be good in this situ.

Other than that it has been a binge TV day.