Wilier Cento Uno SR

dabber
dabber Posts: 1,924
edited January 2016 in Your road bikes
I've had a Wilier Mortirolo for a few years now and love it but I've always had a hankering to get a Cento Uno though. Keeping the Mortirolo though.

So I finally pushed the button a couple of weeks ago and bought one. Much as I'd like to have bought one with Campag groupset I really couldn't afford to do that (I would have been in deep trouble with SWMBO) so I bought in basic format with Ultegra. I'm getting on with that fine and quite like it although I do mix up the function of the RH paddle and sometimes end up dropping into a smaller sprocket when I really want a larger one.

It was advertised as the 2014 model although I can't really work out what the difference with the 2015 version is?
The spec...
Rear Derailleur Shimano Ultegra 11sp
Front Derailleur Shimano Ultegra 11sp
Shifters Shimano Ultegra 11sp
Chainset FSA SLK 386 Evo, 50/34T
Bottom Bracket FSA 386 Evo
Chain Shimano Ultegra 11sp
Freewheel Shimano Ultegra 11sp, 11-28T
Headset FSA Integrated
Stem FSA Energy / Wilier
Handlebars FSA Wing Pro / Wilier
Front Brake Shimano Ultegra 11sp
Rear Brake Shimano Ultegra 11sp
Brake Levers Shimano Ultegra 11sp
Wheels Shimano RS21
Tyres Vittoria Rubino Pro 700x23c
Saddle Selle San Marco Concor / Wilier
Seatpost Ritchey Carbon Mast Topper

The wheels are pretty basic and will get upgraded when funds allow.
The only additions are a Superstar Garmin/GoPro mount and a couple of Elite Custom "Stealth" bottle cages.

I've done about 100 miles on it and it seems really nice. It will be nice to do some riding without so much wind though.

Cento2_zpsjeihyfwb.jpg

Cento1_zpspjahcqmk.jpg

Cento3_zpsrkfadncf.jpg
“You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut

Comments

• seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    Nice!

I love how wilier bikes look.
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Lovely, but why not the disc version?
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • dabber
    Thanks.. I've always like Wiliers since I first saw some when looking for my first road bike. At the time they cost more than I wanted to pay but a bit later I got the Mortirolo.

As to why I never got the disc version... well, the only disc versions I saw for sale were with Di2 and were way more expensive than the price I needed up paying. I never felt strongly either way about Di2 or disc and I'm happy with a decent manual change and haven't found rim brakes a problem.

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Fair comments. It's a gorgeous bike, regardless :)

I'm looking seriously at the disc option, but I'll do it frame only as I'd go mechanical. I'm probably bigger than you and also a MTBer so really like disc brakes.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • dabber
    A build based on the frame should be nice. I'll be interested to see how you get on.

I'm no demon going downhill as I've decided I don't bounce so well at my age. :oops: :D

I'm not so big... a bit over 175cm and weigh about 70kg... the frame is a "Medium". The fit seems good. I did worry over cutting the Integrate Seat Post and took measurements (very carefully - and many times) from my Mortirolo. I cut it on the long side just to be safe. I ended up taking another 3mm after a bit of testing. The stem is 110 and the cranks 172.5.

• dabber
    I've got a couple of hundred miles on it now and just love it... so responsive and loads of PBs in the last week.
    I thought the Mortirolo was nice but this trumps it.

• 1986sv
    1986sv Posts: 83
    Lovely...although I think the superstar out front needs re-assembling
  • dabber
    1986sv wrote:
    Lovely...although I think the superstar out front needs re-assembling

???? what have I done wrong with the mount? seriously?

• dabber
    Ah... 1986sv... what a Wally I am :oops: :cry:

I see what you mean now. I think Superstar have added a couple of images on their webpage since I bought the mount as well.

However, I've now remounted it correctly :) Thanks.

Cento6_zpsy2v78s5h.jpg

Cento4_zpsrvikmmwa.jpg

Cento5_zpsx4ckqfc9.jpg

• 1986sv
    1986sv Posts: 83
    I did the exact same thing when I got mine :oops: ...until someone pointed it out. It's a much better angle and location for the garmin for me 8)
  • dabber
    Good to know I'm not alone :D
    Anyway, thanks for pointing it out.

• Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Seriously thinking about picking up on of these frames from Math Salden who have them for about £1100. I'd build up with Chorus. Any reasons not to? Current bike is a Wilier Izoard XP with campag. Is the Cento 1SR a big step up ?
  • dabber
    Ah, my old thread revived.

Since my original post back in March I've put around 3,300 miles on the Cento Uno. For a few weeks now it's been put away and my Mortirolo is doing duty as a winter bike.
    I've grown used to Ultegra on the SR and like it and it's performed faultlessly. The SR is just brilliant. I've reduced the stem height and I find it comfortable. I should point out that I'm no youngster (68) and the geometry works for me.
    Having said that, it's no hardship being back on the Mortirolo for winter. It's still a great bike and I like Campag as well (the Mortirolo has a mix of Record and Centaur).

I ride quite a bit in France and when stopped at a cafe I regularly get people come up and look the Cento Uno over and make complimentary comments. A great bike and far more bike than I ever need but it makes me feel good. Btw, the handling and responsiveness is great.

Oh, and I've changed the saddle to Selle Italia C2 Gel which is the same as I have on the Mortirolo... suits my bum.

• Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Ah, my old thread revived.

Since my original post back in March I've put around 3,300 miles on the Cento Uno. For a few weeks now it's been put away and my Mortirolo is doing duty as a winter bike.
    I've grown used to Ultegra on the SR and like it and it's performed faultlessly. The SR is just brilliant. I've reduced the stem height and I find it comfortable. I should point out that I'm no youngster (68) and the geometry works for me.
    Having said that, it's no hardship being back on the Mortirolo for winter. It's still a great bike and I like Campag as well (the Mortirolo has a mix of Record and Centaur).

I ride quite a bit in France and when stopped at a cafe I regularly get people come up and look the Cento Uno over and make complimentary comments. A great bike and far more bike than I ever need but it makes me feel good. Btw, the handling and responsiveness is great.

Oh, and I've changed the saddle to Selle Italia C2 Gel which is the same as I have on the Mortirolo... suits my bum.

Many thanks for coming back on this so quickly. I am happy that you are enjoying the bike so much. when I bought my Izoard (2nd hand) I thought it was more bike than I would ever need but nearly 4 years later I am having delusions of grandeur but can't bear to retire the Wilier. I'll be 45 in February so this might be a birthday indulgence but its good to hear that I can still look forward to having the urge to indulge for quite a few years to come. I have loved my Izoard and whilst there may be lighter, better value bikes out there I do still have a hankering for something a little unusual and with an Italian heritage. I am sure it could be a worth a few extra watts come next years Maratona...gulp.
  • Calpol - Ive had an original Izoard, a Gran Turismo, a Cento Uno, an Izoard XP and currently have a Zero9 bought from Math Salden. The Zero9 is an awesome bike and it came with Di2 for the same price as the mechanical Ultegra over here. Math Salden also delivered it for 10 Euros!! They were brilliant, including swapping out stems, cranks, bars and RD for my specific length requirements. Ill have that bike forever I think.
    Im 45 years old, 83kg and 5'11" and have always gone for the Large in Wilier - perfect fits every time. But my back started to play up a little after about 3 hours in the saddle as the Wiliers are quite racy geometry.
    So after a bit of researcg, Ive just bought a Colnago CLX 3 and this is more comfortable than the Wilier, done a few hundred kms so far and no issues with my back at all.
    I'm actually thinking of sticking the Di2 and Racing Zeros on the Colnago and making this my "best" bike....
    Whatever you decide, WIliers are beautiful - both to look at and to ride...enjoy! :D
  • I love Wilier Bikes.. they look great !!
  • nice, but it would have to be a Campag version for me. I really long for one of their custom frames but they are so expensive, and if you're pushing the boat out then it would have to be a Zero 7 with super record I think - a dream machine ..................... reminds me , must buy a lottery ticket