Need advice for buy a new mtb.

Isxuros
Isxuros Posts: 7
edited December 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hey Ladies and gentlemen,

I'm want to buy a mountainbike full suspension and need some advices.

It is between a IBIS HD3 MOJO blended with 2016 upgrades and a Santa Cruz Bronson C R-AM.
Which one would you prefer for 4000 dollars bike?

Is it worth to upgrade the bronson to S-AM?

Maybe you think another version is worth those money?

Please help out!

Comments

• Ibis all the way for me.

For an alternative brand, check it out it the Intense Tracer.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Depends on the riding you want to do and what sort of dollars you are talking about (Australia? Canada? Zimbabwe?)
    This is a UK forum and Santa Cruz are bastard expensive here but in some countries they are good value.
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    Let's be honest, $4k is a fair stack of cash to throw on a bike

I'd be looking for a bit more to go on than recommendations from a forum.

Rockmonkey certainly knows his onions when it comes to bikes, but he's him and, well, you're you, if you get my meaning

At that sort of money I'd be looking to test some bikes before making a decision
  • Yeah for sure it is a lot of money, I will go with a Ibis blended version.

Unfortune there is no store close to me that sell those bikes.
    I feel like some Santa Cruz models just cost a lot.

Do you think the blended Ibis mojo hd3 is worth those money?

Big thank you all for answer
  • rockmonkeysc
    The Mojo is very good but at that price I would expect a better fork and shock, even if it means downgrading other parts. The X Fusion kit is OK but a Rockshox Pike and Monarch Plus would make the most of that top frame.
  • Which bike would you prefer mate?

Would you rather go for a canyon or any other bike?
  • rockmonkeysc
    The Mojo is an excellent bike, just sell the fork and shock as new and a Rockshox Pike & Monarch Plus won't cost you too much.
    The Mojo is a lot better than a Canyon. I can't think of many better bikes, just equally good alternatives.
  • Do you ladies and gentlemen think the Evil Uprising Pro Build is a better bike than the Ibis Mojo Hd3?
  • rockmonkeysc
    It is until it breaks. It's a bit over priced and fragile
  • As I understand the Evil bike breaks easy? I heard it is a bit tight in the back wheel against the frame. Sorry for my bad english :)
  • rockmonkeysc
    Yep, they break easily. They are apparently nothing special to ride as well, very good but no better than lots of other bikes which are much cheaper and stronger.
  • Thank you for your time again Rock, which fork and shock would you advice me for medium hard terrain?
    I think I will go with Ibis mojo HD3 blended and then see what is most needet. I know it is hard just to pick a bike and think it will be the best for someone.

Unfortune I don't have any chance to try any bike here in Stockholm.