Christmas part two day

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,860
edited December 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning

Great day at Christmas part one, at the wife's uncles - 33 including the kids so great atmosphere, lots of fun and ale as the wife drove. Then we came back to ours and some friends came over - so more champagne.

Today is collect my grandma & granddad then over to my parents for full Christmas dinner, etc, more fun and plastic crap for the kids. Later some friends are coming over - so I need to stock up on more champagne.

Right onwards to building more hot wheels tracks

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    In laws stayed over, more in laws arriving later, again staying over.

I'm off out to get some mile for the Rapha festive 500. 8)
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    I'm nearly at the white flag stage. I always have a great run into Xmas, loads of work do's then mum and dads wedding anniversary on Xmas eve is always a feast and giggle. By Boxing Day I'm stuffed. Got to go and let chickens out, check on horses, then find time for a spin. Think the rest of my gang will be seeing the hunt off. I brushed by a chair this morning and hit it with my belly! Eeeew! Think my knees will be hitting my gut it if I go into the drops........

On the other hand, a nice ride will set me up lovely for some turkey left overs action, turkey encroute later, bit of cheese board action...there's alway the new year to get back on track.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Good day yesterday, slightly spoiled at the end of the day as my uncle tripped and fell. Not too badly hurt just a small but nasty gash on his elbow. Seeing as he's a retired doc I felt under pressure patching him up as he's the one that always patched us up as kids. Think I passed the test though.
    Hoping for a quiet day today, but that's unlikely. The girl will stay here as yesterday was a bit much for her. She managed to get through lunch but then had to sit in a quiet room whilst the party went on without her. Poor little thing. I will probably go out with the boy at some point. First I need more food.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Morning Turkey stuffers

We had Roast beast and Yorkshire pudding and I still have the after taste in my mouth. Might do it all again when the OH isn't working and we don't have to juggle all the other Christmas day obligatories.

Will get the wooden train set out soon and turn the living room into Clapham Junction. [Stupid American spell checker doesn't recognise Clapham.]

Must get aris into gear. Girls are still mesmerised by all the happy plastic and can't settle on any single thing for more than 5 minutes. Hopefully, they'll break most of it by the end of the day and I can fill the bin up.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    We had roast beef and roast pork which always goes well.
    Today, because my missus is at work, I am in charge of the trad cold meat buffet. :shock: What could possibly go wrong? :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Afternoon Peeps,

We're about to tuck into turkey leftovers shortly.

Just as well because I'm starving after going out for a sneaky roadie ride :oops: round south east London, including some hill climbing practice :oops: :D down Crystal Palace way. Even better, I was the fastest up them although this wasn't a Christmas miracle, I was helped by riding with a mate who is trying to get his lung function back to normal after a dose of bronchiectasis.

Onwards to food, coffee, football and more hound based exercise...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • More food? Oh, go on then.
    Think I have, for once, earnt some. Had a good ride to the sea and back this morning. Super high tides and very strong SW winds made for some very wet, salty moments (fnarr, fnarr).
    Now for some domestic chores, then beer.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear Seany, happy birthday to me. I hope everyone had a very happy and relaxing Christmas xxx
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear Seany, happy birthday to me. I hope everyone had a very happy and relaxing Christmas xxx

Does that make Seano the After Christ? or something similar.

Played footy for the first time in about 3 years, still got it. Love playing veterans when the opposition turn up with a load of 18 year olds. Not my fault if at 45 years of age I ve not kept up with laws of the game on tackles from behind. Or around the neck :?:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317

To the tune of ''Happy birthday to you'. Okay Sean?

Happy birthday to you
    Squashed tomatoes and stew
    Bread and butter in the gutter
    Happy birthday to you.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Belated happy birthday Seano. Get that zimmer cracking!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    Xmas part deux plans to ride went awry, got back from shovelling horse shoit had some brekkie and then.....went to sleep until 15.30! Struggled to get out my pit this morning too (was full of cold last week, snot kept me awake, might be catching up). Trying to redeem myself today, Xmas part III? Anyone else struggling with their enthusiasm or motivation? Now pushing myself out to do a spin of any sort in the dark grey, mild windy weather.