Condor Acciaio now dirty :-(

rank_amateur
rank_amateur Posts: 117
edited January 2016 in Your road bikes
Just finished this off while the rain and wind howl outside. Will get some better photos when I can take it out but what do you think so far?

Bike:
Condor Acciaio 56cm Midnight Blue
Campagnolo Chorus 11 Speed
Fizik Bars, stem and post
Brooks C15 saddle
Chris King bottle cages

Wheels:
H Plus Archetype Rims
Campagnolo Record hubs
GP4 Season Tyres

Frame and groupset were from Windmill Wheels and Jack there built the wheels and put the groupset on too - all I've had to do was a few bits and bobs. Will cut the steerer when I'm happy with the position and have ordered some tubes with shorter valves.

Can't wait to get out on it but awful weather here again today and it's too pretty to get dirty ;-)

Comments

• It looks really nice. :D
  • It looks really nice. :D

Thank you.

Couldn't wait any longer for a dry day so today I went out anyway. An hour later it was covered in all this shoot but hey ho - it'll wash off. Then it chucked it down so I took these photos while sheltering under a motorway.

I'm not used to Campy stuff so the gears kept catching me out, as did the Chorus brakes, initially, because they are tremendous compared to the Tiagra on my other bike.

The red Garmin cover needs to go and I think I'm happy with the position (maybe take one spacer out) so the steerer can be cut. The Brooks saddle squeaks like hell so that will get sorted or sent back. Other than that, I love love love it. Can't wait for some big spring/summer days. :D
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    The saddle squeaks how? Just against the lycra shorts? Reason I ask is I quite want one...

Nice bike - I've a Fratello which is great.
  • The saddle squeaks how? Just against the lycra shorts? Reason I ask is I quite want one...

Nice bike - I've a Fratello which is great.
    Thanks.

The squeak seems to be pretty common on these saddles, I've since found a fair few reviews that say so. Some say it's the underside of the rubber cover against the rails, so put some electrical tape on; some say it's where the rails fit into the clamp block (under the nose of the saddle) so put some oil on them; I thought it sounded more like the clamp block itself, rubbing against the underside of the cover, so I 'peeled' back the cover and drizzled a tiny bit of oil down around the block as well. Dunno which one stopped it but it's stopped. :D

I'm not sure it's any comfier than the Arione on my other bike but it's early days yet and it looks brilliant.

Cheers.
  • Nice spec and build, are you considering getting the forks sprayed the same colour as the frame?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Nice spec and build, are you considering getting the forks sprayed the same colour as the frame?
    Thanks.

I could have had the fork painted by Condor when I ordered it (for about £75 extra, I think) but I liked the modern touch of the carbon on the classic looking frame - and thought it would go well with the black Chorus.

The shimano pedals have now been replaced by black Speedplay Zeros, which I've never used but always fancied, and, again, just thought they'd look nice.

If it ever stops raining I might even stop looking at it and ride it :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Very nice - got a real soft spot for condors