No Lie in Monday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,252
edited December 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning all,
Wow, I won something. Worth having a go at the 12 days competition even if your kitchen is a mess.
Didn't enjoy the early start today. By 'eck it was dark. Days will be getting longer now and it'll soon be spring. Had to drive in today as I had stuff to carry and I might have to dash off to take the girl to the hospital or the quack's. Busy weekend sorting loads of stuff out at home. Looking in much better shape now.
Short week with a few pub visits lined up, this is good. 'New' coffee machine in the office, this is also good.
Onwards and upwards...

Comments

• Pedantry alert: the equinox is tomorrow, so the days are still shrinking.
    In work. Boring. I did manage to get the tree down from the loft at the weekend, now I have a box in the living room containing a tree. I might just put it back in the attic.
    Very much a glass half empty day this. Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pedant Alert: It's a solstice not an equinox. Equinox = equal night (clue's in the name).
  • Pedant Alert: It's a solstice not an equinox. Equinox = equal night (clue's in the name).
    Furry nuff.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • I got a lie in, didn't have to drop the boy off at school so set the alarm for 8am. Had a couple of cups of tea, made the log fire up, got ready for work and off I toddled.

Got rakes of guff the wade through today all in the name of earning a crust and need to forage for some lunch as Mrs HD is busy.

I got my Christmas comp prize on Saturday (Thanks Josh) so will have a good read over xmas but try explaining to a 12 year old why you need to slather cream all over the nether regions befor going on a bike ride...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    I won too, despite my failings. :lol:
    Celebrated by doing 2 hours on the turbo.
    Only to build up a thirst for proper celebrating mind.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    oh added bit of post the BMW showroom has an Isetta bar with a model on display blah blah blah
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Afternoon all.

pretty boring day here, very much trying to avoid new work so i can gradually relax into the Christmas period!

to add to all the pedants above, although today is the shortest day (or is it tomorrow, i'm confused by all the posts above!) the mornings keep getting darker until about the 2nd of January. The nights just get lighter quicker so the days are longer overall.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Right about now* I just wish there were more days in the week. Or the weekend at least.

*the funk soul brother.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Af'noon

Today I have mowstly been coughing and pretending to be a duck in the rain and misery of SW Scotland whilst trying to work
    VN - I think you got the prize because you didn't blink twice about putting a picture of a bike in a messy kitchen on an international forum in a world which continues to attempt to pointlessly replicate (often in vain) showroom/magazine style domestic purity and minimalism.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Evenin,

ACOAD - so I am off out shortly for a beer in town with some old Uni mates. I think I need it. One more day before the great escape :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Fun times in Solihull today (ish) I at least managed a reasonable run.

Now watching nativity film with the kids, whilst enjoying a cup of tea!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Now watching nativity film with the kids

Is it one of those wobbly one's that make you feel sick?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    VN - I think you got the prize because you didn't blink twice about putting a picture of a bike in a messy kitchen on an international forum in a world which continues to attempt to pointlessly replicate (often in vain) showroom/magazine style domestic purity and minimalism.
    It's not just a house, it's a home and all that guff. Besides, a kid being happy at getting a new bike. Can't get much more Christmassy than that.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    It's not just a house, it's a home and all that guff. Besides, a kid being happy at getting a new bike. Can't get much more Christmassy than that.
    Fair point.
    I know at least 2 people that are too busy keeping their house in order to enjoy their home.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Failed to ride. Christmas shopping tomorrow. Appears Pin has bragging rights in the football thread.

Still need to clean the cx bike :(
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy