Sweaty Saturday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
edited December 2015 in The bottom bracket
Can't believe how warm it is out there. Worked up a bit of a sweat taking the hound for a walk/run. Now ti e for the joys of Christmas shopping :roll: May need to leave them to it and find some decent coffee to sup.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yep warm here too, 7 mile run in shorts and t-shirt, lasts nights drink partially removed

Off to see the new house soon with our planning changes heads on, later is a babysitter and a decent night out
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Yep, warm here too :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    TLW is going to have a decent night out with the babysitter, lucky barsteward.

Today, I have been mowstly trying to figure out the metamorphosing cold. One day tickley irascible cough, next day; headaches, following day sore joints, sometimes hot, sometimes cold. Today, mucus production is through the roof with a sweat on.

That's 3 weeks off the bike and I am not a happy man. I want cold, frosty, sunny weather to kill off all the bugs not this warm standing in front of a tumble dryer in a petri dish type conditions.

Bah.

Anyone want a fight? That's the mood I am in. Coughing breaks will be mandatory.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I'll have a fight with you although I'm nearly fifty and not very 'ard!!! I did get up to green belt in judo by the age of nine though.

Bit too hungover to ride today so hopefully get out tomorrow.

Off out to the wife's friend "do" later and 3/4 of the family don't want to go :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160

Anyone want a fight? That's the mood I am in. Coughing breaks will be mandatory.

Laters.
    Thought you started over in Cake Stop? My turn later :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Mostly a good day here, very warm here too. Cleared a Mini sized hole in the garage, then filled it with a Mini. Mate came round with some good news for the boy. He has been accepted for work experience at the very top level of motor racing. That should look good on his cv. Just popped into town to help the Mrs. Seem to have got myself a Berghaus fleece and waterproof cheap as Blacks had a closing down sale on. Nabbed a lock for the girls bike assuming it makes it out of the house. Off to the pub shortly.
  • V is of to the pub, I'm back from the pub.
    I was hoping to spread sweetness and light, but someone wants a fight :roll:
    Top sweaty Saturday. Great night out last night with friend and his new GF. She is from NI, and I had forgotten how enchanting the accent was. During the course of my duties, I speak to people from all over the UK, but the NI accent on a lass is very nice.
    Nuff sleazing. Happened to be a mates birthday, so had some beer.
    Now for some tea. I might have some chips.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    Hmm BBG, you need to make the distinction between Belfast spake and 'out in the villages' speak'. Belfast spake is harsh and unforgiving and isn't nice however pretty they are. The North and North East is harsh but as you go South, towards the borders, it softens. There are 3 traffic girls on BBC Radio Ulster - we get a better reception on the radio here than Radio 2,3 or 4 or even BBC Scotland, so sometimes listen to it. The 3 traffic girls have 3 completely different accents and only 1 of them has that soft sexy Northern Irish voice. I wouldn't care how big (or skinny) she is, I would shag her brains out just to hear her talk.
  • So now we know how you spend yours days waiting for the weather to improve. :lol:
    NI borders with the ROI. No more hints than that you perv. Reminds me of a previous job where a colleague would lust after a woman who had a very sexy phone voice. TBF this was true. This voice was amazing, you could wallpaper with it. When he met the lovely lady, and told us all about it, we laughed for weeks. She was a *ahem* fuller figured lady. I think he was imagining something very different.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    edited December 2015
    So now we know how you spend yours days waiting for the weather to improve. :lol:
    NI borders with the ROI. No more hints than that you perv. Reminds me of a previous job where a colleague would lust after a woman who had a very sexy phone voice. TBF this was true. This voice was amazing, you could wallpaper with it. When he met the lovely lady, and told us all about it, we laughed for weeks. She was a *ahem* fuller figured lady. I think he was imagining something very different.

In the bad old day's of CB radio, muggins got to talk to a Partco delivery girl. We mutually agreed that each other's voice was very sexy and over a period of time, got to know her.
    My mates laughed and joked every time I mentioned if I had made contact with her and convinced me that she was as big as the Albert Hall - why ever else would she think that my voice was sexy?
    I arranged to meet her on a date and eventually backed out with this in mind. Some few weeks later, I guy I knew in the trade was chatting about the very very pretty Partco girl called xxxxx that had delivered some parts that day. As soon as I heard her name and Partco, I put 2 and 2 together. :oops: :oops:

Thank god that youth is a condition which cures itself.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,594
    The SW of the ROI wins for me every time.

Landing at any UK airport and hearing a local beautiful female talking always comes as a massive dissapointment.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    The SW of the ROI wins for me every time.

Landing at any UK airport and hearing a local beautiful female talking always comes as a massive dissapointment.

Yeah = Heafwo, Staaaansted, Manchesta and Liverpoow'. Lovely innit?
  • Seeing as we are now on this subject:
    Currently living in the south of England. The one thing I really have come to detest is a southern accent. Really annoys me. There, said it now :oops:
    Thank the gods my local has a Glaswegian barmaid...
    I would love to get off a plane and hear a Lancastrian, Yorkshire, or Welsh accent any day. Then you know you're back in Blighty.
    BTW, for preference, it's Geordie, then Yorkshire, then Brummie for girls saying hello.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    I'm with you on Geordie girls.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Why would anyone want to hear a brummie
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Brummie - far friendlier than cockney.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,594
    Brummie - far friendlier than cockney.
    We know what you mean by "friendlier".
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Welsh for me - surrounded by the buggers and it's actually really nice.

Today has been tops - excellent walk with the Hound, trip to the flicks with the bambini and now chill in' : can't complain at all really....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.