Cube headset problem

laazioo
laazioo Posts: 2
edited December 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello

I have Cube LTD SL 29" 2015 model. I had some problems with FOX fork which was fixed few months ago. I have not driven since then and few days ago when I took the bike from garage I felt some friction in headset, its not smooth when you turn stem. I opened headset and re-greased both bearings, and definitely not tightened head bolt too tight, but same... headset is not smooth. I (re)assembled headset multiple time and cleaned all parts but still same problem. I can feel that the friction is coming from bottom bearing.

Obviously headset should be friction free and smooth. I have googled around but i can't find spare bearings to this model. (CUBE No. 10 tapered, zero-stack 1 1/2" (OD 56mm). And I found some exploded views and when I compare them to my bike I see that I don't have bottom sealing? Should there be bottom seal in this model? (See picture attached). And where I can find spare parts to this model?

Thank you!

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That's just a standard caged balls set, you can get them at any bike shop.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.