Nativity Tuesday Thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited December 2015 in The bottom bracket
Today is working from home because the rugrats have got their nativity play & I need to finish by five.

Later is the pub as that's what the rugrats Granddad wants to do - shame an early start means it will be a gentle one (unlike Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night :) )

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Two Christmas parties to go to tonight. Our work bash and another freebie over in the City. Could be a big one so I've got my hotel room booked for tonight. Just go to get through today, starring with a breakfast seminar featuring free fried pig :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    You may see new/other friends with the early crowd mate. Look at the brightside.

Tired from last nights sport, and no not the feeling of delight as Chelsea lose but from wattbike and weight session. I think I may need to up the calorie intake.

Today I will mostly be, I don't know, quiet day in the office. Club ride later though
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Walked through work gates 30 minutes ago, stood in Lycra in the cold gossiping so am warming my tootsies in my office with a coffee and some Danish pastries.

Today will hopefully be quiet followed by a smal spin home, some grief from TDV and some weights before snoozing the night away.

One more days work until Christmas leave -back 4th Jan! Huzzah! Huzzah! Thank you tax payers of Britain!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Warm and moist down here. Is Stevo out drinking with the Pro Race mob in the city tonight? I'm sure he'll enjoy talking about doping, really skinny tyres and how disc brakes will bring about the end of the world. I'm out with a few of the communters later for some beers. As most of them are from SW London I decided a pub in Richmond would be a good idea, mainly for my benefit.
    Christmas jumper day at work as they are taking the company photo of all staff for promotional use on social meeja, deep joy. More drinking to be had through the rest of the week. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...
  • Flâneur
    Try to smile V68
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Another work Christmas party tonight, very formal, canapés and wine with lady so and so and the local MP, mind your p's and q's joy! :roll:

@ TLW1, enjoy the nativity "Little donkey, little donkey on a dusty road."

@ V68, please post the Christmas jumper pic or direct us to the social media :D

@ MW You're welcome, if I manage to get shot during the Christmas period I take it you're on call?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Hmm... not one of the better vintages of Christmas, this one.

I'm booked in for MRI on neck, with review by neurosurgeon to follow, and as they say "if you go to a barber expect a haircut"... so that could make an interesting Christmas. Sister has chucked in her job under extreme pressure, so may be home unemployed needing a spare room soon. Best mate tripped and fell down stairs on Sunday now facing knee reconstruction surgery which may well be the least of his problems, mooted divorce topping that particular list of woes....

On the bright side, I have had lots of quality pool time lately and am rocking a proper suntan for the first time in ages.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Another work Christmas party tonight, very formal, canapés and wine with lady so and so and the local MP, mind your p's and q's joy! :roll:

@ TLW1, enjoy the nativity "Little donkey, little donkey on a dusty road."

@ V68, please post the Christmas jumper pic or direct us to the social media :D

@ MW You're welcome, if I manage to get shot during the Christmas period I take it you're on call?

Always on call for you Seano - it may seem like I have a relaxed lifestyle but it's not what I'm currently doing, it's what I might have to do.

And looking at the way my day is going, I may have to have a second cup of coffee and another pain au raisin.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Try to smile V68
    Not only did I smile but I think I managed to get my Never Mind the Bollox mug into the picture. Well, I couldn't let my tea go cold could I.
  • tlw1
    Try to smile V68
    Not only did I smile but I think I managed to get my Never Mind the Bollox mug into the picture. Well, I couldn't let my tea go cold could I.

you are making identification very easy!
  • Flâneur
    Try to smile V68

easier to pry it from your cold dead hands
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Some of you guys are having it tough, being north of Watford we don't have that many christmas parties so my life is pretty relaxed. MrsHD however is stressing to the max about Christmas etc.

All I want is the option to get a good long ride in over the festive break and not get wet through.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Some of you guys are having it tough, being north of Watford we don't have that many christmas parties so my life is pretty relaxed. MrsHD however is stressing to the max about Christmas etc.

All I want is the option to get a good long ride in over the festive break and not get wet through.

Christmas day 80 miler? ha Not sure even I'd get out of alive on that one

I have a Christmas party on Thursday, only going if the fun people are around though, otherwise I'll show my face and drive home.

Really should pretend to do some work today, but this meeting is so dull and I can hide at the back.

Ps Spinner, hope it all plays out well in the end, pretty rough wave that.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Some of you guys are having it tough, being north of Watford we don't have that many christmas parties so my life is pretty relaxed. MrsHD however is stressing to the max about Christmas etc.

Erm, been to three already & got another two this week :lol:
  • veronese68
    Best mate tripped and fell down stairs on Sunday now facing knee reconstruction surgery which may well be the least of his problems, mooted divorce topping that particular list of woes....
    Tripped you say? I smell a rat, has she increased his life insurance?
    Hope all works out with the MRI and all that, fingers crossed for you.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Best mate tripped and fell down stairs on Sunday now facing knee reconstruction surgery which may well be the least of his problems, mooted divorce topping that particular list of woes....

Sadly, he tripped himself it seems. Apparently carrying gardening tools and attempting a reverse 1.1/2 somersault with full twist ain't easy, and he missed the landing...

Thank you re: scans. I'm expecting the news to be ordinary, just no idea what the prognosis will be. :|
  • Some of you guys are having it tough, being north of Watford we don't have that many christmas parties so my life is pretty relaxed. MrsHD however is stressing to the max about Christmas etc.

Not on the big day, that'd be a waste of good presents (and a cast iron pan).
    Advocate of disc brakes.

Not on the big day, that'd be a waste of good presents (and a cast iron pan).
    One of the better Christmas Days I had was doing a 25 mile run, in light rain on empty streets, followed by a long snooze in the afternoon when it cleared up at the beach. Delightful.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:

Sadly, he tripped himself it seems. Apparently carrying gardening tools and attempting a reverse 1.1/2 somersault with full twist ain't easy, and he missed the landing...

Thank you re: scans. I'm expecting the news to be ordinary, just no idea what the prognosis will be. :|

good luck
  • Matthewfalle

Erm, been to three already & got another two this week :lol:

I must admit that in my best bah humbug style, I refuse to go them - turned down two far and not turning up to another tomorrow.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Everyone at work has cleared off to the annual Xmas sprout throwing competition. As I am a curmudgeon, I am staying behind and enjoying the peace and quiet. I don't go to work social functions on principle. It's bad enough being stuck in an office with these people.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Is Stevo out drinking with the Pro Race mob in the city tonight? I'm sure he'll enjoy talking about doping, really skinny tyres and how disc brakes will bring about the end of the world. I'm out with a few of the communters later for some beers. As most of them are from SW London I decided a pub in Richmond would be a good idea, mainly for my benefit.
    I think you're more likely to spot Elvis riding the Loch Ness Monster :)

Won't be getting to the City till 10-11pm I reckon as my first bash is West End and I can't sneak off too early and leave the minions to drink all the grog.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Spinner: I tend to get out on the bike for 60/80 most years or be able to ski/run with the dogs. Always great times to go out and enjoyable/quiet but this year the Date is staying at mine given her family have now departed. Damn social obligations
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    No luck WS - keep us informed (of the neck that is)

Chewsday is an aris of a day but i'm here and alive.
    You are going to have to learn to earn Brownie points Flaneur.

Went out on Xmas day last year and got caught in a hailstorm. The hail stuck in the grooves of the helmet and slowly melted. I came back like a block of ice. Re-ignited a cold I had and it took weeks to recover. Just shows you how dangerous helmets are.
    @ MF - I bet you are an absolute mare to live with. TDV is either a saint or you have excellent life assurance.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Just got an email from the guy that owns the house next door about rectification work I've been chasing for the last few months. He has obviously now been told that the sale can't go through until the party wall is signed off. Funnily enough he is keen to get the work done for me now.
  • Just got an email from the guy that owns the house next door about rectification work I've been chasing for the last few months. He has obviously now been told that the sale can't go through until the party wall is signed off. Funnily enough he is keen to get the work done for me now.

An e-mail FFS - please tell me he doesn't currently live in the house?

Got a good balance between work and skiving today, both been very productive :D
  • veronese68
    No, a developer. He's toshed it up to make money.
  • At least with an email you have some form of paper trail.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • An e-mail FFS - please tell me he doesn't currently live in the house?

Wished I'd have known earlier - sometimes carry out party wall duties as part of my job, you could have dissented and employed me as your surveyor (at his cost of course) and gone halfs on the fee :D:D Standard rate in the Midlands is £1500 for doing Sweet FA so god knows what the London rate is.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

Wished I'd have known earlier - sometimes carry out party wall duties as part of my job, you could have dissented and employed me as your surveyor (at his cost of course) and gone halfs on the fee :D:D Standard rate in the Midlands is £1500 for doing Sweet FA so god knows what the London rate is.

Brummy party walls aren't nearly as chirpy as London party walls judging by previous posts. I wouldn't rub up against one though.
    If I contrive a party wall dispute, can I then claim it back as an expense and then BBG pays me £750, keeps the rest?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!