'G's' season

NervexProf
NervexProf Posts: 4,202
edited December 2015 in Pro race
Not sure if this has been posted before, but I was impressed to read his insights on his season:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/35051577
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    Thanks. I listened to the cycling podcast on him the other week and was surprised how surprised he was to have had such a good year. I was also a bit concerned for his sake that he seems to think he has plenty of time to become a GC rider - 30 next May - Contador is just over 3 years and a few months older and talking about retirement.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    Thanks. I listened to the cycling podcast on him the other week and was surprised how surprised he was to have had such a good year. I was also a bit concerned for his sake that he seems to think he has plenty of time to become a GC rider - 30 next May - Contador is just over 3 years and a few months older and talking about retirement.

On the flip (and I'm relying on Rein Taarame for this stat) Purito only won his first WT race at the age of 28... so there's hope for G... although poor Purito still hasn't won a GT.
  • Thanks. I listened to the cycling podcast on him the other week and was surprised how surprised he was to have had such a good year. I was also a bit concerned for his sake that he seems to think he has plenty of time to become a GC rider - 30 next May - Contador is just over 3 years and a few months older and talking about retirement.

On the flip (and I'm relying on Rein Taarame for this stat) Purito only won his first WT race at the age of 28... so there's hope for G... although poor Purito still hasn't won a GT.

:cry:

The problem is that the Tour is absolutely the GT most suited to Geraint. And he needs Froome to be out of the picture.

But anyway before that he really could do with cutting his teeth on leading a team at any GT.