London: Vic Emb: CS3

pmorgan1
pmorgan1 Posts: 173
edited December 2015 in Commuting chat
My time to rant:

Over the last weekend TFL has installed speed bumps on the new stretch of cycle superhighway between Blackfriars and Embankment. I find these speed bumps to be excessively tall, sharp, and placed way too close to each other.

If it's not just me we who is concerned could initiate a motion and communicate concerns to TFL.

There is a name, but no email address or phone number for the person responsible for this section of the superhighway.

https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/improvements-and-projects/cycle-superhighway-east-west

What do you think?

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Before you ask to remove them, it would be worth asking what the rationale was.

I'm sure we can guess, but, you don't know till you ask.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    They'll make sense when the lane is opened as 2-way and is littered with peds and Boris bikes.

But for now you can really carry some speed down there, apparently. :P
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    I suspect they are to provide kerb free access at crossing points to the island between bike path and vehicle carriageway. But I agree they are far too abrupt.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,487
    Sounds like it might just be slightly sloppy implementation as there is something similar on the bit of CS7 by Oval, where the path ramps up from road to pavement level, and is almost imperceptible when riding over it
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • pmorgan1
    pmorgan1 Posts: 173
    Sounds like it might just be slightly sloppy implementation as there is something similar on the bit of CS7 by Oval, where the path ramps up from road to pavement level, and is almost imperceptible when riding over it

Are we learning yet! (c) T2 (1991)
    3rd(!) puncture in 8 days on the same stretch where the surface has been removed and looks and feels like oversized sharp sand paper (3rd out of total 5 in the last 12 months).

Dirty hands, time wasted (1) at the kerbside, and (2) now here, ranting :)

Time to learn from experience.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Get some new tyres??