***12 Days of Christmas Competition***

BikeRadarAdmin
BikeRadarAdmin Posts: 909
edited December 2015 in Road general
The 12 Days of Christmas Competition starts today (Sunday 13th December)!

It will, perhaps unsurprisingly, finish on Christmas Eve at 1700 – hence ‘The 12 Days of Christmas’.

The competition’s aim is to find the most creative forum posts, pictures, songs, poems (Good Luck “Pinno”) and festive cycling ‘dits’ and tales in the forum.

The thread will be posted everyday in various locations around the forum. Keep an eye on our Social Media channels for today's location.

There will be a winner chosen for each day of the competition, by a different member of our editorial team for the most original and creative post.

There will be a total of 12 winners receiving stocking filler style goodie bags. The prizes have a total value of over £500 and have been gratefully received from Vulpine, Proviz, Below the Belt, Etixx, Muc-Off, Secret Training and also includes some of the best cycling books from this year. Winners will be announced on the threads.

All posts need to apply to the Forum Rules and please keep it clean!

Enjoy it, have fun, get creative and good luck from the BikeRadar team!
BikeRadar Communities Manager

Comments

• Terms and Conditions.

IMMEDIATE MEDIA COMPANY LIMITED

The promoter is Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited.
    The promotion is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, aged 18 years or older, except the Promoter’s employees or contractors and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
    The closing date for entries is 1700 on 24/12/2015.
    By entering the promotion, the participants agree:
    (a) to be bound by these terms and conditions;
    (b) that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize; and
    (c) that should they win the promotion, their name and likeness may be used by the Promoter for pre-arranged promotional purposes.
    Entrants should enter each day the competition between 13/12/2015 and 1700 on 24/12/2015. Each calendar day will represent one competition and a winner will be chosen from each date. Entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered.
    Winners must supply to Immediate Media Company Limited their full name, email address and daytime telephone number. The Promoter will use entrants’ personal details in accordance with the Immediate Privacy Policy (http://www.immediatemedia.co.uk/privacy-policy).
    The winning entrants will be the most creative entries decided by the BikeRadar editorial team. The Promoter’s decision as to the winner is final and no correspondence relating to the promotion will be entered. The winners will be notified within 7 days of the close of the promotion by email. Prizes will be posted to nominated addresses within 28 days of the competition end.
    There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value.
    The name and county of residence of the winners will be available [by sending an SAE to Immediate Media Company Bristol Ltd., Fairfax St., Bristol, BS1 3BN/online at bikeradar@bikeradar.com] within two months of the closing date of the promotion.
    The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the promotion at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
    The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
    If the winner is unable to be contacted within 7 days of the promotion’s closing date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future promotion.
    The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
    The promotion is subject to the laws of England.
  • If nobody wins today the prize will rollover to tomorrow!

Surely someone has some pictures of their wet and windy rides this morning? Your group of mates at the coffee stop?

We want to see pictures and hear stories of your weekend!
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    where is the thread?
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Come on lads, lets get behind this or are we a bunch of Scrooges and Humbugs! I ve got an excuse I m hanging after last nights Works Christmas Party.

I know it probably doesn't qualify but just to kick off I want to Nominate our Clubs Secretary Diane Thorpe who paid £150 of her own money ( we are going to reimburse her as a club) for catering at a Sportive ride she organised last week to raise money for the Notts and Lincs Air ambulance. Who attended the scence of a Motorcyle accident earlier in the year, were the Prompt actions of Di and Two other of our clubs members saved the motorcylists life.

http://newarkadvertiser.co.uk/articles/news/Crash-biker-meets-lifesaving-cyclists

Sorry if it doesn't qualify, but thought I d get the ball rolling.
  • Dav1d1 this is today's thread! There will be a new one everyday around the forum.

Cheers Tim! That's the sort of thing we want to see. Good news stories, happy pictures and a bit of fun. It's a light hearted competition to end the year on and to say thanks to all the users. As mentioned, there's over £500's worth of prizes to give away.

Let me know if there are anymore questions :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Can't we just link to some of our recent threads in Bottom Bracket, where the standards of wittiness and creativity know no bounds? :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Bikeradar has jumped the gun
    with an ill thoughtout competition
    the 12 days, everyone surely knows
    starts on Christmas day and thereafter grows
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • chris_bass
    Not really in the spirit of Christmas but my sister sent me this of her bike ride in Dubai (for the regulars,s she may or may not be in the photo, i'll let you decide!!)

IMG_20151211_WA0001.jpg
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    I was about to post similar.

I was also going to say that asking for photos on BB is a common occurrence, but dangerous.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    D8C52B49-55EE-44B9-A35D-5ADFD725E640_zpssicuv8lm.jpg
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • chris_bass
    D8C52B49-55EE-44B9-A35D-5ADFD725E640_zpssicuv8lm.jpg

Winner!!

but are you wearing long stockings but no shorts!?
  • Chris Bass wrote:

I was waiting for somebody to mention this! We were keen to get this done before Xmas with a view for more frequent comps in the new year.

That's a truly excellent drawing Sean.

Keep them coming and we will announce the first winner tomorrow. There are 11 more opportunities to win with which I am looking forward to the creativity snowballing!

Cheers everyone so far.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Does this count?

4e3cafc0910b949a72f3de6910e30452.jpg

I really like this:

tumblr_mhruacAr301qzumw8o1_500.jpg

"Don't you ever tell me off again Daddy"

019508c7aec8bbe70f668481ba01fb72.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    So on the 12th day to Christmas my wise dog said to me (this may be an old photo, but I promise you I get woken up everyday for food/walk/let out)
    tumblr_nzblevOyYC1sukfkbo1_540.jpg

Get up and go for a ride with the club. And off I went into the darkness, the darkness only seen north of the wall. Only to be a lonely heart
    tumblr_nzbl2m1s8g1sukfkbo3_540.jpg

So off I went to do a few miles and see what adventure could be found, you know without clicky club members I could do what I like, be a wild child. Oh what an erro that was, I strayed from the path and white went to murky brown
    tumblr_nzbl2m1s8g1sukfkbo2_1280.jpg

And now I have to hire an elf named Pinno to come clean my bike tumblr_nzbl2m1s8g1sukfkbo1_1280.jpg

whilst I skip the cafe stop for a macroon.

Only a photo of an empty box
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • D8C52B49-55EE-44B9-A35D-5ADFD725E640_zpssicuv8lm.jpg

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Congratulations seanoconn! Superb artistry. I'll be in touch regarding your prizes (My Hour - Bradley Wiggins, Hardback of course and a multi-pack of SIS Energy Gels!)

Flaneur, your entry was after midnight (way past my bed time) so your entry counts for today!

***TODAY'S PRIZES ARE - URBANSHELL WATERPROOF BAG COVER (FLUORO ORANGE) AND WILLIAM FOTHERIGHAM'S 'BERNARD HINAULT AND THE FALL AND RISE OF FRENCH CYCLING'***

GOOD LUCK TO TODAY'S ENTRANTS
  • The competition is hotting up, but Flaneur remains odds-on favourite (as today's only entrant) for the bag cover and Hinault book (which together retail for just under £50!).

So, get creative on your commute home! Stories count, Photos count, see above for some inspiration.

Good Luck!
  • pinno
    Seano - Winner?! :roll:

That's the first and last we will hear those two words in the same phrase.

We'll never hear the end of this Josh - what have you done? That guy has an Ego bigger than Hampton Court Palace Gardens.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    12294892_515009635343006_1445828989751932514_n.jpg?oh=2ed7526f6c260eacfb4feb1611aaecb6&oe=56D82CAD A friend and myself in the middle of a 78mile ride while in India, the rest of the riders were all locals, this is the half way point, stopping for a breakfast from a roadside food vendor, I had a clunky MTB as that was all the hire shop had left (John had a nice narrow tyred Hybrid the rat!).

Your only a bike ride away from making new friends!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chris_bass
    Be careful at this time of year
    Don't get too close
    Beware the snot rocket
    As I clear my nose
  • pinno
    Silk Bassy Boy, pure silk.

(the snot that is) :wink:

I could patent the stuff i'm coughing up. It must have some scientific value.
  • Yesterday's winner will be announced shortly!

***TODAY'S PRIZE - OVER £50 WORTH OF ETIXX NUTRITION!!!***
    GET SET FOR THE NEW YEARS TRAINING WITH:
    Box of Etixx Energy Bar + Magnesium – Chocolate (12 x 40g)
    Box of Etixx Recovery Shake – Raspberry/Kiwi (12 x 50g)
    Box of Etixx Triple Action Gel – Peach (12 x 38 g)
    Box of Etixx Isotonic Powder (12 x 35g)

Big thank you to Etixx for today's prize. Keep the entries coming!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    My Missus has offered to pose nude cleaning my bike for an entry but it would take more than nutrition, maybe if there's a few roll overs.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    My Missus has offered to pose nude cleaning my bike for an entry but it would take more than nutrition, maybe if there's a few roll overs.

Is this something we want to see? I mean if that is the case I could have posted a picture of me dripping sweat on the wattbike last night wearing sexy bib shorts.

Josh you can take the thread out of the BB but you can't take the BB out of the thread
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
    tumblr_nzblevOyYC1sukfkbo1_540.jpg

Handsome, but you can tell he's thinking "Why are you sleeping with her!!??!?!?"
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • 12294892_515009635343006_1445828989751932514_n.jpg?oh=2ed7526f6c260eacfb4feb1611aaecb6&oe=56D82CAD A friend and myself in the middle of a 78mile ride while in India, the rest of the riders were all locals, this is the half way point, stopping for a breakfast from a roadside food vendor, I had a clunky MTB as that was all the hire shop had left (John had a nice narrow tyred Hybrid the rat!).

Your only a bike ride away from making new friends!

Here's our winner for yesterday! Congratulations The Rookie! I'll be in touch shortly via PM.
  • My Missus has offered to pose nude cleaning my bike for an entry but it would take more than nutrition, maybe if there's a few roll overs.

Josh you can take the thread out of the BB but you can't take the BB out of the thread

Keep it clean boys!
  • He said she was trying, I get Mrs HD to polish my helmet occasionally.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Odds on favourite for a prize today is... Tomorrows winner!

If there aren't any entries we'll add the Etixx bundle into tomorrow's prize.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    Odds on favourite for a prize today is... Tomorrows winner!

I will wait till tomorrow then. Double bubble.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    Odds on favourite for a prize today is... Tomorrows winner!

I will wait till tomorrow then. Double bubble.

Sorry Blakey, I don't think there's an award for the most cynical forumite.