Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of LVG??

redvision
redvision Posts: 2,958
edited January 2016 in The bottom bracket
Despite his best efforts of playing hideously boring football, losing constantly (or drawing at best), blasting the fans for calling on the team to attack, and not to mention blowing £250million on highly dubious players (with exception of Martial who i think is going to be fantastic) the Glazers seem reluctant to get rid of him.

What else can the poor fella do to lose his job??

Comments

• plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Win the league?, These Americans don't like success do they?
  • redvision
    Win the league?, These Americans don't like success do they?

B0llocks...in that case he will be there for life! :lol:
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    Davie Moyes is available.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • redvision

Ha,so is gary monk and rodgers :lol:

Anyone but LVG would do!!!
    I say bring Fergie out of retirement!
  • pblakeney

Ha,so is gary monk and rodgers :lol:

Anyone but LVG would do!!!
    I say bring Fergie out of retirement!
    Seriously.
    All that money spent. Has there been any improvement? Was it worth it?
    The genius of Fergie has never been highlighted so much as the timing of his departure.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    What's been interesting to note though is that since the red nosed alcoholic left, people's attitudes to Manure have been softening - they still hate them, just not as much.

I don't think it's a success/jealousy thing, I think it's a personality at the club thing.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    What's been interesting to note though is that since the red nosed alcoholic left, people's attitudes to Manure have been softening - they still hate them, just not as much.

I don't think it's a success/jealousy thing, I think it's a personality at the club thing.
    The timeline of success v attitude would disagree. :wink:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    Despite his best efforts of playing hideously boring football, losing constantly (or drawing at best), blasting the fans for calling on the team to attack, and not to mention blowing £250million on highly dubious players (with exception of Martial who i think is going to be fantastic) the Glazers seem reluctant to get rid of him.

What else can the poor fella do to lose his job??
    If you want him out, you'd better not be too desperate to get Wilson back from us.
    He could easily keep LVG in the job.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Revised my opinion even though it was tongue in cheek, after hearing his comments after Bournemouth defeat. He liked his teams attitude and effort !!!!! this against a team almost at the bottom of league.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Keep him there. He's doing a great job. Why do you want to get rid of him? The perfect appointment and he's going to bleed the coffers dry buying poor quality players and assisting the club to achieve depths they've never plumbed before. It's brilliant. I am over the moon he's doing so badly.
    Hopefully Man U and Chelsea will end up in a relegation battle.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Keep him there. He's doing a great job. Why do you want to get rid of him? The perfect appointment and he's going to bleed the coffers dry buying poor quality players and assisting the club to achieve depths they've never plumbed before. It's brilliant. I am over the moon he's doing so badly.
    Hopefully Man U and Chelsea will end up in a relegation battle.

Absolutely!
    He's doing a cracking job; and after all, Yoonited don't sack managers...it's the "Yoonited Way"! :lol:

I think we should start a 'Save Looey Long Baal' campaign :mrgreen:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Yep keep LVG, he's happy with a mediocre Manure. And on that note, if we keep Jose can you lot also keep Pellegranny and Arsene :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • redvision
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Seriously.
    All that money spent. Has there been any improvement? Was it worth it?
    The genius of Fergie has never been highlighted so much as the timing of his departure.

No, absolutely no improvement what so ever.
    His greatest achievement has been keeping De Gea, although i suspect he will jump ship to Madrid in the summer.

LVG slams the UTD fans for shouting attack attack attack and claims they are living in the past and the glory days are over - bit ironic seeing as his last trophy was over 5 years ago and that was with Bayern in a league which only has 2 or 3 teams at best (no disrespect to the other Bundesliga sides). In fact, when you look at his entire managerial career his only real consistant success was in the 90s!

It is obvious now Fergie did not leave the club in a good position, and Moyes tenure (no matter how brief) rapidly accelerated the clubs demise, but after 18 months in the job, having spend more money than many of the teams in the world are worth, LVG has made no improvement. They are sitting in the top 4 (for the next couple of hours only i suspect) but that is purely down to the league being weak and unpredictable this season (imo).

The scouse *******s down the road faced the same issues with Rodgers and were wise enough to cut their losses and get rid, replacing him with what could be a great manager. I fear that if UTD don't act rapidly and instead continue to back LVG they will find themselves in another Moyes-esq era of dreaming about finishing in the top 7.

If you ask me the answer lies in Carlo Ancelotti.

Oh, and if he does stay in charge, Chelski will finish above us this season (says it all i think).
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    He's only 2 points worse off than last season and they are nearer the top. I don't remember people calling for his head last season?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • redvision
    He's only 2 points worse off than last season and they are nearer the top. I don't remember people calling for his head last season?

Last season he was given slack because he was picking up the pieces from the Moyes reign.

This season he has no excuses. It is now his team and whilst they might be in the top 5, the fact is the league is crazy this season.

I have attended several home games this season and believe me when i say, the press are correct in claiming there is discontent among the UTD fans.
    It's not so much the fact we aren't winning, it's the fact that we are not playing the MAN UTD way!
    UTD should play attacking football or counter attacking footy. Pace and wing play.
    He adopted a pass pass pass, then pass some more policy which might have worked abroad in the 90s, but was never ever going to work in the Premiership.
  • cc78
    cc78 Posts: 599
    I take very little interest in English football, but I have to say I watched about 10 minutes of Watford-Man Utd a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe how bad the standard was. In the past, a neutral has always found someone worth watching in the Man Utd side and you could (sometimes grudgingly) admire their relentless energy and will-to-win, but this was just abject, insipid rubbish. No-one taking responsibility, no-one setting the tempo and no-one willing to get on the ball and create. Very odd given the money that has been spent. Schweinsteiger looks a shadow of his former self, ie one of the dominant midfielders in the world this century.
  • redvision
    I take very little interest in English football, but I have to say I watched about 10 minutes of Watford-Man Utd a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe how bad the standard was. In the past, a neutral has always found someone worth watching in the Man Utd side and you could (sometimes grudgingly) admire their relentless energy and will-to-win, but this was just abject, insipid rubbish. No-one taking responsibility, no-one setting the tempo and no-one willing to get on the ball and create. Very odd given the money that has been spent. Schweinsteiger looks a shadow of his former self, ie one of the dominant midfielders in the world this century.

This is the point and why the fans are so frustrated, LVG has players so disciplined they dare not misplace a pass or stray from their position on the field.

To win any major trophy and challenge regularly you do need a strong defence. UTD do appear to have this (when they are all fit) but the defence is only strong because the entire team is involved at the expense of allowing attacking plays or formations.

I am utterly fed up of his tactics and have to admit I am also disappointed in Giggsy - he has either not fought for the UTD way and stood up to LVG or he has not recognised the issues.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I am also disappointed in Giggsy - he has either not fought for the UTD way and stood up to LVG or he has not recognised the issues.

Or you've mistaken him for somebody with principles.
  • chris_bass
    Someone once said (i can't remember who) that Giggs has the look of a haunted middle eastern dictator, I have to agree!
  • redvision
    Someone once said (i can't remember who) that Giggs has the look of a haunted middle eastern dictator, I have to agree!

Maybe, but he still made Arsenal look like amateurs in 1999!! :D

I hoped he would one day become manager but not so sure now.
  • chris_bass

I don't know why people think/thought he would be a good manager? He always struck me as very quiet, not very inspiring and was naturally gifted so never really had to be coached so might not be in the best place to coach others.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I read the title and wondered if you could get some cream for it.
  • Matthewfalle

I don't know why people think/thought he would be a good manager? He always struck me as very quiet, not very inspiring and was naturally gifted so never really had to be coached so might not be in the best place to coach others.

Agree with Chris completely - I never saw him as that charismatic, after the offing his sister in law bit he lost everyone's respect and in his (admittedly 4 game) stint he didn't exactly set the team on fire.

Even as assist. Manager or whatever his title is he doesn't really seem to have a "presence" if you know what I mean.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    well some itches do need a cream.

PS a comment about Moyes creating a rapid decline, rapid or not LVG is no better, spent more, some of the odder buys are all his and generally this is the new age of football. The position of ManU is more down to the flaws and inconsistency in the other big teams than their own ability, was the same last year.

You'll have him for another year, and is there anyone on the market to replace him? People say Pep, but Peps plays possession passing football not wingers and attacking.

Every dog has their day and you are not on a sabbatical
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle

Wire brush and paraffin. Works on haemmorroids, so should do the same LVGs, whatever they are.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney

Wire brush and paraffin. Works on haemmorroids, so should do the same LVGs, whatever they are.....
    My Christmas wish is to get the wire brush and paraffin first, Sir!
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus Posts: 1,879
    He's doing a wonderful job :wink::lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    He's doing a wonderful job :wink::lol:

:shock: :shock: Cygnus speaks :shock: :shock:

..and I thought he was just a clever program.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • redvision

Agree with Chris completely - I never saw him as that charismatic, after the offing his sister in law bit he lost everyone's respect and in his (admittedly 4 game) stint he didn't exactly set the team on fire.

Even as assist. Manager or whatever his title is he doesn't really seem to have a "presence" if you know what I mean.

There is a difference between a coach and a manager though.

Look at the last few years Fergie was in charge and the changes he made, which most other clubs now adopt. He used to do everything, including training/coaching. As age caught up with him he put that trust in coaches and got a great group together.
    Today you see many clubs following this trend. Most will adopt a policy of bringing in a head coach who also controls match tactics, but is usually not responsible for player purchases etc which is left to a sporting director.
    If a manager is hired (i stress the word manager) then the first thing he does is bring in his coaching staff. He will oversee training but generally leaves the training to the coaches.

I guess times have changed from when the manager did the lot on and off the pitch.

Anyway, regarding Giggsy, i think people assumed he would make a good manager because tactically he is very astute. He is also a good leader and when you listen to those who have played with him he inspired the dressing room with a captains speech when needed.

I have been very disappointed that Giggs appears to have either not recognised LVG's failings, or has been unable to influence LVG to change his approach. Nonetheless, I still think he would make a good manager for a club. He understands the game so well i think, with the right coaching staff, he could be successful.
  • Matthewfalle

There is a difference between a coach and a manager though.

Look at the last few years Fergie was in charge and the changes he made, which most other clubs now adopt. He used to do everything, including training/coaching. As age caught up with him he put that trust in coaches and got a great group together.
    Today you see many clubs following this trend. Most will adopt a policy of bringing in a head coach who also controls match tactics, but is usually not responsible for player purchases etc which is left to a sporting director.
    If a manager is hired (i stress the word manager) then the first thing he does is bring in his coaching staff. He will oversee training but generally leaves the training to the coaches.

I guess times have changed from when the manager did the lot on and off the pitch.

Anyway, regarding Giggsy, i think people assumed he would make a good manager because tactically he is very astute. He is also a good leader and when you listen to those who have played with him he inspired the dressing room with a captains speech when needed.

I have been very disappointed that Giggs appears to have either not recognised LVG's failings, or has been unable to influence LVG to change his approach. Nonetheless, I still think he would make a good manager for a club. He understands the game so well i think, with the right coaching staff, he could be successful.

Or option (c) - he's a toadying sycophant who is too busy kissing arse to disagree with LVG...

Just an option, like, innit.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.