The "it's Saturday " weekend part 1 thread...

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,977
edited December 2015 in The bottom bracket
7am in the big HD house...

HD's porridge has bubbled over over in the microwave and he can't find the box of tea bags he bought yesterday.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    It's an age thing.
    Embrace the new exciting finds.

Porridge about to go on.
    Then the turbo wheel will finally be replaced on the bike for a proper one. :P
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Soooooooooooooo tired, but for no real reason.

Colds and sniffles throughout household.

That's all really - ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah Saturday - feel OK despite way too much ale last night and Erm a few too many shots

Now off for a very wet 25 miles to pick up the car, then it's get the fixie ready for a social ride around a few Shropshire pubs with the lads - going to be messy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Watching Timmy Time with the kiddies as the Missus prepares my tuna and cheese flat bread toastie. Don't need to do much today for a change but not really enjoying my relaxation as I've caught the seasonal dead disease.

HD, we've all been there, sticky porridge is a hard clean up. Porridge still a bit runny after 2 and a half minutes so going for the 3 and risking bubbly meltdown is always tricky.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pblakeney
    Watching Timmy Time with the kiddies as the Missus prepares my tuna and cheese flat bread toastie. Don't need to do much today for a change but not really enjoying my relaxation as I've caught the seasonal dead disease.

HD, we've all been there, sticky porridge is a hard clean up. Porridge still a bit runny after 2 and a half minutes so going for the 3 and risking bubbly meltdown is always tricky.
    Solution - 3 minutes in a bigger bowl.
    My good deed for the day.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Feeling far better than I ought to be this morning

Couple of things learnt from yesterday:-

Vodka and cranberry juice - very very nice and I don't normally like vodka in any form
    Yo Sushi - WTF, disgusting but perhaps not the best thing to decide to eat when pished up. Shouldn't have let ourselves be talked out of KFC ( good drunken dirty food) for it.

Think the sofa and BT Sport/Sky will win out today
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ferrules for Dirk arrived this morning - perfect fit for top tube, too big for mech/stay. aaarrrrggghhh. Ordered some more just now, so another week's delay.

Is there no end to this pain?

At least it means I can get it part cabled and taped up.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Morning All.

Had a good lie in which was needed after yesterday - just a few aches and pains to get rid of. Off out shortly to appreciate the talents of the Waitrose Saturday girls and sup some free coffee. Later will be a shopping trip to Bromley unfortunately even though we are getting stuff we need rather than Christmas shopping.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    There's a part 2 to this thread?!

Why is HD talking in the 3rd person?

Morning

Toots and I are indoors due to weather and recovery purposes. MF - this cold is of the sleep inducing constant sticky green manufacturing, endless gravelly cough making, headache inducing, lingering variety.
    Good luck with that one Blakey, let me know how you get on.

Vodka - has to be of high quality and straight out of the freezer into a chilled shot glass. Any other method is sacrilege.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Yeah Saturday - feel OK despite way too much ale last night and Erm a few too many shots

Now off for a very wet 25 miles to pick up the car, then it's get the fixie ready for a social ride around a few Shropshire pubs with the lads - going to be messy

Very wet ride to Shrewsbury, so no having a bath to warm up before I go out again :)

The big question - do we follow the route with 8 pubs and 20 miles or 7 pubs and 25 miles with one of those being a Belgium bar?
  • pinno
    Take the long route to the Belgian bar and the short route home. Forget the rest.
  • Belated morning's greetings to all. Enjoying the Huey show on 6Music and doing some chores. Having a dubbel or two with dinner, which is some smelly French cheese.
    Off to Portsmouth later to deliver a bottle of absinthe to a friend. Then we are going to a party in a boozer with some of his motorcyclist friends.
    I can't see any drawbacks to this as a plan.
    Cheerio.
    Ps Pinno's suggestion is excellent.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Piño speaks wisely for a change.

At bmw having the car it's end of warranty check and MOT. Odds on them trying to fuck me over before I just say it's ok I'll drive it home and fix it myself lol(well my mate will)

Soaking wet and 2 degrees up in ribble valley. Not dressed appropriately
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Traditional slow start with mild hangover was had. Finally got round to going to the dump with a load of stuff, managed to avoid some ridiculous traffic. Bit of chilling between sorting a few bits and bobs. Work Christmas do tonight, should probably try to behave. Fat chance. Might cycle over to avoid public transport.
  • pblakeney
    Good luck with that one Blakey, let me know how you get on.
    Successfully.
    For years. :P
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that part 2 will be Sunday?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

That will only work if he's first up.
  • Stevo_666

He's got a decent chance based on this morning's effort. That was well before most of us lazy feckers were up.
  • pinno

He's got a decent chance based on this morning's effort. That was well before most of us lazy feckers were up.

I see that. 7.03am... on a Saturday?! That's either very keen or a very long Friday night out.
  • tlw1

Very wet ride to Shrewsbury, so no having a bath to warm up before I go out again :)

The big question - do we follow the route with 8 pubs and 20 miles or 7 pubs and 25 miles with one of those being a Belgium bar?

Only 20 miles cycled and a pint for every 2 miles - good day :)
  • Well I was up at 3.30am but that was to take parents to the airport and I failed to capitalise on the part 2 opportunity.

Yesterday's ride was a 60km soaker.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Only 20 miles cycled and a pint for every 2 miles - good day :)
    Thats roughly how many miles I managed on Friday :) Although the miles per pint ratio was a bit lower. BTW they've made that qualifying feature at the top of the black run bigger - now looks quite intimidating. We only saw one other bloke do it all day.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I think I managed 2 pints per mile last night. Thankfully only rode 5 miles.