Where is everybody Friday?

my_grandadʹs_bike
my_grandadʹs_bike Posts: 1,300
edited December 2015 in The bottom bracket
Are you all hungover?

Very late for the daily thread to start is it not?

Got a few things to sort this morning then off to drink lots at a contractors expense. But as they mainly build social housing its really the governments money which in turn is our money - so thanks all for paying for my beer this afternoon.

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    I was out in the garden picking lemons.

I was also watering the garden with a hose, that should induce some rain, may wash the car later :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Very hungover, still in London

MR mark ii statement my grandad
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Not hungover in the slightest despite my best efforts.

Went shopping with MrsHD and had a bottle of white with our late lunch, stopped off at the kids house and had a beer, stopped off at mum & dads house to pick the boy up and had four glasses of wine.

Got home and had a bottle of red (shared) with some cheese I bought from the Christmas Markets in Manchester.

97ABFD38-7CCB-468C-B2CB-834B26F4C311_zpsbyyulc7i.jpg

037094F7-ABCF-4D79-98A9-A52073ADCEB3_zpsyz3bz4xt.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No hangover and I also tried with the pub and wine later

Today is working from home and it's going poorly, not managed to get what I want done yet and I've eaten the kids chocolate stash

Later is Christmas party number 2, with another free bar - happy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I'm around - sick bambino again has curtailed life.

May tinker with a bicycle if I manage to get him to sleep but I doubt it some how.

Was also planning weights session but that's not going to happen ......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I'm here, what more do you want.

Toots 1 and 2 recovering well but not back at nursery. Trying to motivate myself to go into work. The upside is that I could be at the yard on my own blowing snot rockets with no-one to see me doing it and I can dispense momentarily from using endless quantities of tissues. Much more environmentally friendly.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I'm here, what more do you want.

Toots 1 and 2 recovering well but not back at nursery. Trying to motivate myself to go into work. The upside is that I could be at the yard on my own blowing snot rockets with no-one to see me doing it and I can dispense momentarily from using endless quantities of tissues. Much more environmentally friendly.

Laters.

he_slimed_me_by_tandp-d4gibx4.jpg
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I'm here too! Sorry, I've been working. I don't like it.
    Going to the cafe in a minute to consume dead pig. Pub later with some friends and works do tomorrow night. Weekend might be a bit of a write off. Not doing too much and staying around the house will certainly be the order of the day as the girl is not well. Not sure what's going on but she's had a headache and feeling dizzy for weeks. We've been to the doc's several times then got referred to the hospital and they don't know what's going on either. We've now resorted to forms of quackery to try and sort something. Can anyone recommend a witch doctor? We really don't know what to do, it's a bit of a worry, but at least we know it's nothing major.
    Going to the cafe now.
  • In a bizzare WTaF moment, I've arranged to go cycling tomorrow morning.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Have you tested your house for CO VN?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Good call. But does she recover when away from the house and is anyone else affected?
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Afternoon all. Relatively uneventful day here. Trying to decide what to get my mum for xmas is the most taxing thing i'm going to be doing!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I'm here. Just finished 4 hours of data protection training with a quiz. Christmas work party tonight but my nose had suddenly sprung a gooey leak and I'm not in the mood for merriment/party games and alcohol. I think I'll choke down the free food then bounce.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    Bought a CO alarm yesterday for that very reason. Although I would have thought the blood tests would have shown a lack of oxygenation if that were the case. The alarm hasn't gone off yet though. She doesn't recover away from the house, she goes to my folks' place some days.
    Currently trying a chiropractor as her posture is not great, she's tall and her friends aren't so she stoops the whole time. But she's been 4 times in a couple of weeks with no success yet. Hospital said to take regular ibuprofen and paracetemol for a week to se if that helps, it doesn't. She's not stressed or worried about anything, she's doing well at school and enjoys it. Sometimes struggles with some things because of her dyslexia, but the school have said she can drop a language to help with that. She doesn't drink alcohol or smoke. Really don't know what to do.
    Hadn't mentioned it before because it's a bit serious and extremely dull.
  • pinno
    Has she been studying a lot? Have you tried acupuncture? Does she need glasses? Has she been drinking a lot of coffee? Is she dehydrated?
  • veronese68
    Does a reasonable amount of homework, not too much. Takes her a bit longer because of the dyslexia. Haven't tried acupuncture, yet. Had an eyetest at the opticians and is ok. Doesn't drink coffee, or tea, not much fizzy pop apart from the occasional treat. Drinks lots of water. We've limited screen time with TV, phones and so on. All to no avail.
    She's been to school twice in the last 4 weeks and both times has had to go home after a couple of hours. Never have I felt so utterly helpless as a parent.
  • pinno
    Not good VN.

Are her neck muscles tense due to the stooping?

I fell backwards on my head on a slippery surface when retrieving a TT ball in a sports hall some 5 years ago. They were cleaning it with no signs up and I thought the surface was just shiny. I ended up with stiff necks and headaches and even now, I have to do stretching, especially after a long bike ride or a long drive.
  • veronese68
    No, it's not good. I know it's nothing too serious, yet it's stopping her functioning normally or even going to school.
    Yes, neck muscles were tight. Has stretches to do and chiropractor said they are not so tight now, but the headache and dizziness are still there. Once everything physical seems to have been ruled out you wonder how much it's in her head and what you can do about it. Or could it just be a weird viral infection?
  • pinno
    It takes persistent work to alleviate the stress completely from the trapeziums up to the top of the neck.

Aromatherapists are good for that. I had one at the Hammersmith after they fitted the Hickman line - my whole left side seized up.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Not hungover in the slightest despite my best efforts.

Went shopping with MrsHD and had a bottle of white with our late lunch, stopped off at the kids house and had a beer, stopped off at mum & dads house to pick the boy up and had four glasses of wine.

Got home and had a bottle of red (shared) with some cheese I bought from the Christmas Markets in Manchester.

97ABFD38-7CCB-468C-B2CB-834B26F4C311_zpsbyyulc7i.jpg

037094F7-ABCF-4D79-98A9-A52073ADCEB3_zpsyz3bz4xt.jpg

Saw this and had to break out the Stilton and port, I shared the Stilton with BB (the cat) and mrsT drank the port, I did sink a glass (or two) of Douro vinho tinto :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Evenin All,

Made it back from a shockingly non-rainy Wales with no serious injuries and having had a boat loads of fun, of the muddy gravity based variety. Now watching tv with a cold vodka in my hand.

Not a bad way to start the weekend :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • No, it's not good. I know it's nothing too serious, yet it's stopping her functioning normally or even going to school.
    Yes, neck muscles were tight. Has stretches to do and chiropractor said they are not so tight now, but the headache and dizziness are still there. Once everything physical seems to have been ruled out you wonder how much it's in her head and what you can do about it. Or could it just be a weird viral infection?

How old is she? Our eldest is now 16 and was going through similar symptoms a few months back. Took her to our no nonsense approach doctor and was basically told it's quite common in teenage children, come back if it doesn't improve. It has, the fact we/she were told not to worry possibly helped in this and we've all just moved on. Not sure if this helps your situation but sometimes GP's lack of expertise (or over cautious approach to being sued) doesn't help.
  • pinno
    Evenin All,

Made it back from a shockingly non-rainy Wales with no serious injuries and having had a boat loads of fun, of the muddy gravity based variety. Now watching tv with a cold vodka in my hand.

I'm very relieved the van didn't break down on you.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Evenin All,

I'm very relieved the van didn't break down on you.
    There were 4 vans so we had back up. 8,000 feet of vertical in a day isn't too shabby. Like the mileage :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Hello

L n H

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Hello

L n H

DD
    Is MattC59 (was it 59?) still locked in your dungeon?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Hello

L n H

DD
    Is MattC59 (was it 59?) still locked in your dungeon?

Have you seen Cleat?
    Where's Aggie boy?