Grinds Your Gears re-visited

mr_eddy
mr_eddy Posts: 830
edited December 2015 in The cake stop
A while ago I posted a thread about everyday stuff that annoys you, well its high time that we revisit the subject.

Here is my most recent additions:

1. Lateness - No matter what you are doing or how important you are being late without prior warning or a very very good reason (I accidentally entered a alternative dimenson etc) is simply beyond contempt. Its rude and unjust. By being late even 1 minute late you are essentially saying "Your time means nothing to me and I feel that I can justify being late because I am better than you". If I rock up at a train station in say somewhere like Germany or Japan and the train departs at 10.37 and I turn up at 10.38 the train does not wait for me and nor should I force the person I am waiting for have to wait either. I have actually sacrificed a job because the person who was meant to interview me was not on time so I left a note thanking them for the wasted time and left.

2. Stubbornness - I'm sure we all know the type. The person who thinks they know everything no matter how much cold hard logic you throw at them. My partner's dad is so deluded and stubborn he actually thinks he knows about places he has never been too. We told him about our 5 hour drive from LA to Vegas and how our car overheated due to the 42c temp. He not only refused to accept that it takes 5 hours he also said quite categorically that the temperature in Nevada never goes over 35c. He has never been outside of the UK in his entire life but is so stubborn he thinks he has the upper hand, Even a photo I took of the car temp read-out was met with 'Nope that is not correct'

3. unnecessary Abbreviation - Or 'Abbreves' as some would say. Saying to someone that last night was 'tots amaz bro' is neither witty or edgy. It makes you look like a moron no matter how old you are. How long does it take to say the word 'amazing' ? 0.2 of a second maybe ? Speak properly or jog on. Short hand in texts is more acceptable as long texts are directly linked to your wallet.

4. Poor till etiquette - Here's a tip if you have a basket full of shopping and have been waiting in the queue for 10 mins do NOT wait until the last second to assess how much money you have. Also if your bill is £38 then no amount of change in your change purse is gonna cover it not unless you have genuine solid gold pieces of eight in there. Sort it out! Also please if you are using self checkouts understand that you have to put what you have just scanned onto the scale next to the till - Don't put it straight into your bag then spend 5 minutes bemused at why its moaning at you. If you cannot figure it out go to a normal till PLEASE.

5. Walking slowly - This is a very specific one, my issue is not with infirm / old or otherwise physically challenged people or indeed locations in which slow working is the norm like the park or tow path. My issue is with people who work slowly along the high street for no reason other than they want to waste time. Its especially bad when in a shopping mall - These people are not window shopping as they often have their heads to the ground or are staring straight ahead. They walk at about 0.5mph even though there is only enough room to get past every 50m or so. GRRRR!

6. Taking pics of food - You know who you are, Just F**k off!

Any further additions ?

Comments

• mr_eddy
    7. Unnecessary optimism - People who are upbeat and happy for no reason. If I get to work and I see someone else smiling and happy, skipping around and offering to make cups of tea then I know something is going on. If said person has no reason to be happy on a grey, rainy day then its either a sign that they are at best a moron or at worse a liar.
  • mr_eddy
    Sorry just realised there is another thread on the same theme ! Sorry about that. Should add to the list:

8. People who post on forums without checking to see if said subject is already on there.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    Sorry just realised there is another thread on the same theme ! Sorry about that. Should add to the list:

8. People who post on forums without checking to see if said subject is already on there.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

I was going to moan about that. Can we add people who moan before I get a chance to do it? :?