Fed Up of Windy Days Thursday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited December 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

There seems to be nothing happening but storms at the moment. It's a bit dull now.

So I got home last night to find big scratch marks on the flagstones in my rear yard, and my washing line had been taken down. Turns out the builders next door have been using my yard to store materials whilst they build an extension and the washing line was "in the way" :evil:

An angry letter was shoved through the door.

A little while later, there was a knock on my door, which turned out to be the new owner, who was quite apologetic and said he was pushing the builders to finish quickly as he's hoping to move in by Christmas (HA! No chance) but the weather was slowing them down. He said he'll repair anything that's broken or replace it if need be, and that he'll make sure everything looks perfect. Seemed a decent bloke really.

Anywho, Today work then God knows.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TKM - I wouldn't replace those flagstones - as knowing you there are bodies under them

Last nights Christmas party was decent food (nice rare rib-eye) and loads of free beer - happy days. Spoiled by having to leave the house at 5.30 to get to Solihull :( slow shuffle rather than run and now work meh

Hope to get away at a decent time for beer
  • TKM - I wouldn't replace those flagstones - as knowing you there are bodies under them
    :shock: Cr4p!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Could ask for them to a put trap door in for easier access to a bodies compartment under it?

Morning all?

Today is a long boring day of work.. trying to avoid works Christmas meal tonight and going food shopping instead. This weekend the ladies little bro is racing in FOD so I have been asked to take my bike and help him on practice to pick lines and all :) then I can sneak off for a spin after!

in other news.. im bored and miss the sunshine we didn't have this summer.

Terah a bit
  • Could ask for them to a put trap door in for easier access to a bodies compartment under it?
    I've actually been contemplating asking them to turn the steps at the end of my yard into a slope so that I can get the wheelbarrow up there easier. Carrying the bodies is hurting my back!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Windy down my way, although this is mostly as a result of the beer I was drinking last night. Traditional Thursday hangover is in full swing. I need someone to make me another cup of tea, bunch of slackers.
    Not much going on around these parts, hopefully it will continue like this for the rest of the day so I can get some kip.
    Be careful if they find the bodies TKM. For some reason some people frown upon that kind of thing. I hear TLW's new gaff will have lots of ditches.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Wales we go :P

BPW uplift tomorrow so the M4 beckons this afternoon. Weather forecast has changed and bizarrely isn't showing tanking rain on Friday. Will fuel up on cider and pub food tonight as we'll need to keep warm at the top of the hill tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • it's not cold so don't worry, just take something wind proof!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    it's not cold so don't worry, just take something wind proof!
    Forecast looks pretty good, not even that much wind. We've been lucky.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening weasels,

Running around like a blue arrissed fly sorting shizzle today, tomorrow we have a few hours skiing then some more arrissing about.

First guests at our chalet pitch up on saturday, not a great deal of snow about but enough to work up a healthy thirst!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    The guests will be really disappointed when they find out you're the chalet maid bg.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    The guests will be really disappointed when they find out you're the chalet maid bg.

I think the blonde wig, skin tight leggings and plenty of bending over in front of em should see the tips rolling in!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er