Mild hangover Thursday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,252
edited December 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning folks,
The traditional Thursday hangover is here, no surprise there. My legs ache today, maybe they've come out in sympathy with my head. Managed to wobble in to work without the basket. I might fit one permanently as it's really stylish. I think I'd have to get a slightly smaller one that wouldn't hinder operating the brakes and gears. Should I stick with wicker or get one of the black mesh ones to complement my crankset? What do the Velominati have to say about this? They must have a rule to cover the fitment of baskets. I think I'd better do some Googling to find out.
House next door has a sold sign on it now. I'd better remind the owner that he won't be able to complete the sale as he hasn't fixed the flashing on my side so the party wall agreement hasn't been signed off. You'd think he'd be happy to pay £250 so he can sell a house for over £700k.

Comments

• Monumental hangover Thursday.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • Assuming you have a semi ( :shock: ) V68 then that puts you in a very nice house!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Assuming you have a semi ( :shock: ) V68 then that puts you in a very nice house!
    It is a semi, small Victorian place. Paid £103k for it 20 years ago, no way we could afford it now. Don't want to move as we really like the area. Prices are nuts around there. At least we have a relatively small mortgage.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    At home as Bambinois I'll and has just vommed all over himself, so I now smell of vom. Great.

Got called into work to be told that I have been put forward for promotions board in Jan, which is nice to a certain extent - more money, better pension offset by greater chance to having my legs blown off as I go up the mobilization list due to seniority. Oh well, at least it means more money until I get my legs blown off.

Veronese: in all seriousness, keep the basket: when I was working away years ago I had baskets on the front of my C90 and my bicycle - people would mock me until they realized that I n 45 degrees heat and 10,000 per cent humidity while they sweated away carrying their shopping around I popped it in the baskets and shoomed off, care free.

Top boxes on motorbikes are equally cool - Gixer K5 with a case of Pernod in the top box anyone?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Well, I hope you get the promotion and get to keep your legs MF.
    Baskets do indeed rock. I usually pinch the EPO's bike if I'm going to the shops.
    BSA.jpg
    Occasionally I have been able to pass lycra clad roadies on their way to Richmond Park whilst riding that. I find it very funny, for some reason they don't.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Well, I hope you get the promotion and get to keep your legs MF.
    Baskets do indeed rock. I usually pinch the EPO's bike if I'm going to the shops.
    BSA.jpg
    Occasionally I have been able to pass lycra clad roadies on their way to Richmond Park whilst riding that. I find it very funny, for some reason they don't.
    Roadies don't like being passed by blokes on hybrids, never mind bikes with wicker baskets.

Afternoon folks, we've had a lucky break in the Welsh weather so it's off down the M4 shortly for some festive gravity based fun. With some good pub grub and cider tonight to fuel up for tomorrows uplift :) Wahey.

In other news we got the photos back from last weeks pub quiz. The winners really should have been the team who had the balls to make their team name 'Quiz On My Face' :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    So here I am happily painting the kitchen when Mrs T says that we must go out on the bikes to drink beer at the beach, who am I to argue.

21c and sunny, I'll not get me coat :oops:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    conference, table of pretty women. some of whom will even talk to me

Edit. This eye candy is needed. Subject to death by PowerPoint by accountants
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    conference, table of pretty women. some of whom will even talk to me

Edit. This eye candy is needed. Subject to death by PowerPoint by accountants

Useless post without pics of norks or burds mentioned therein.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Turdsday - worse than Chewsday.

Bah.

Cleaned up 3 lots of sick this week. One lot ended up in toots 1 hair - that was fun. Does that mean I am 3 - 1 up or 3 - 1 down to MF?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Turdsday - worse than Chewsday.

Bah.

Cleaned up 3 lots of sick this week. One lot ended up in toots 1 hair - that was fun. Does that mean I am 3 - 1 up or 3 - 1 down to MF?

Laters.

Not good my Gallovidian friend, not good.

My jam smells of vom now - good job it's not the new one, but still - it's the one I spend all my time driving round so it now smells of dog, chunder, coffee, bicycles and those horrible pine tree air freshners.........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Sick in car upholstery is just about the worst to remove. I remember spending god know how long trying to get sick finely ingrained out of a rear seatbelt.
    Cleaning cars is for people who have no life.
  • Matthewfalle
    Sick in car upholstery is just about the worst to remove. I remember spending god know how long trying to get sick finely ingrained out of a rear seatbelt.

Years ago a friend was heading off on a freezing cold December morning with his father to go and look at universities, taking his car with him. As it was a freezing cold he would be using his heater a lot.

So, the night before we all went to a party. As he was inside, a load of us piled out, popped the hood and urinated all over the engine. As you do.

Needless to say, the next few days of driving round in a car smelling of wee wee didn't make his father too happy.

Oh, how we laughed ........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

Years ago a friend was heading off on a freezing cold December morning with his father to go and look at universities, taking his car with him. As it was a freezing cold he would be using his heater a lot.

So, the night before we all went to a party. As he was inside, a load of us piled out, popped the hood and urinated all over the engine. As you do.

Needless to say, the next few days of driving round in a car smelling of wee wee didn't make his father too happy.

Oh, how we laughed ........

I very much doubt that was the only prank of your youth and I get the feeling that ultimately, you had to join the French Foreign Legion - which would explain a lot.

Talking of pranks, in my yoof, there was this bloke who had a rep. for not paying bills. He would buy bangers and we would end up fixing them and often, not get paid. I will refer to this chap as PP which is his initials.
    PP asked us to look at his Talbot Sunbeam. It had a dodgy gearbox. We changed it in an afternoon and got a measly sum with the promise that we would get full payment in the future.
    Some weeks later, low and behold, at the back of a shopping centre in a well known seaside town, there was the Talbot. PP was at work and decided to undo some of the work we had done. With a few spanners with us and not a lot else, we proceeded to loosen and remove as many bolts that wouldn't compromise the safety of the car, as we could see in the dark in the time we thought we had.
    Didn't hear from him for a couple of weeks when he approached us again moaning about how the gear change was sloppy, the engine seemed to be shifting when he made a gear change and there was klunking from underneath and there were rattles etc etc.
    "Yeah, we'll have a look at it but not before you pay us up front and for the previous jobs". Which he did. We kept the car for a week stringing him along with "We need to find bolts for such and such... because they're missing. Dunno what tw@ts have been working on this before you bought it blah blah" every time he made contact. Even though they were in a biscuit tin in the back of my car.
  • Matthewfalle
    La Legion Etranger - seldom an angel but rarely a criminal :) but at least you get a sun tan. Calvi is horrible though.......

Anyhow, I digress.

There is the standard fare of stealing people's clothes and the suchlike but once we locked someone on a window ledge 3 storeys up, at night. I try to remember what happened with that one but I know it didn't end well..........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.