Canyon Grand Canyon AL 6.9 2015

KoenM
KoenM Posts: 95
edited December 2015 in Your mountain bikes
F28yr9r.jpg

I finally took delivery of my first MTB, a Canyon Grand Canyon AL 6.9 2015.
I say finally because Canyon had alot of problems with their software and move to their new factory, it should have arrived a month earlier. Also Canyon should take a look at Rose, they give you updates about what's going on with your ordered bike on their website.

The specs:

Frame: Grand Canyon AL 29 2015
Forks: ROCKSHOX REBA RL with remote lockout at the bars
Bars: RIDIUM \ 3 - 0 \ FLATBAR
Stem: IRIDIUM \ 3 - 0 \
Grips: ERGON GA-1 EVO

Front Brake Lever: SHIMANO BL-M506
Front Caliper: SHIMANO BR-M447
Front disc: SHIMANO SM-RT56-M
Rear Brake Lever: SHIMANO BL-M506
Rear Caliper: SHIMANO BR-M447
Rear Disc: SHIMANO SM-RT56-M
Hoses: SHIMANO

Shifters: SHIMANO SLX, 10S
Cables: SHIMANO
Front Mech: SHIMANO SLX, 10S
Rear Mech: SHIMANO DEORE XT SHADOW PLUS, 10S

Seat: SELLE ITALIA X1
Seat Post: IRIDIUM \ 3 - 0 \
Seat Post Clamp: Canyon

Cranks: SHIMANO DEORE, 10S
Chainring(s): 22 | 30 | 40
Chain: KMC X10-93
Cassette: SHIMANO DEORE, 10S 11-36
Pedals: SHIMANO M520
Bottom Bracket: MT800

Front Wheel: MAVIC CROSSONE 29"
Tube: MAVIC
Tire: CONTINENTAL X-KING RACESPORT, 2,2"

Back Wheel:
Tube: MAVIC
Tire: CONTINENTAL X-KING RACESPORT, 2,2"

Bottlecages: SKS Topcage Blue
Computermount: K-EDGE Combo Mount XL
Computer: Garmin Edge Touring
Camera: Go Pro Hero4 Session
Saddle Bag: Topeak SideKick Wedge Pack, Medium: will be replaced soon, with a blue Evoc saddlebag.

Weight: 12,5kg

Comments

• KoenM
    Added/changed some things+ New photo's:

-Evoc Saddlebag (blue of course)
    -Ass Saver Wide (5cm wider)
    -SKS Flap Guard, no more mud in my face (not cool when u have glasses!).
    -Lezyne Sport Drive HV

Probably gonna add a new gopro mount (for another POV), and a Garmin Edge 520, because i need GLONASS for the woods!

ZYRaIr8.jpg
    NTuZoSX.jpg
    CzHXHfT.jpg
  • mrtn
    mrtn Posts: 24
    Nice pics. May I ask how did you choose the size of the bike? According to Canyon's PPS system? What size is it?

Btw, I'm also in Leuven. What's your experience so far at this time of the year, any good routes that are less muddy. I've been mostly road riding, but think about going off road.
  • KoenM
    Nice pics. May I ask how did you choose the size of the bike? According to Canyon's PPS system? What size is it?

Btw, I'm also in Leuven. What's your experience so far at this time of the year, any good routes that are less muddy. I've been mostly road riding, but think about going off road.

Yeah i used their tool, but i also had a bikefitting a few months ago for my roadbike, so i know how big my bike should approximately be.

Yeah it's my first mountainbike so i have to discover alot of trails and there are plenty in Meerdaelwoud and Heverleebos. Just take a look on Strava and u'll find many, that's what i'm doing.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774

Yeah i used their tool, but i also had a bikefitting a few months ago for my roadbike, so i know how big my bike should approximately be.

Yeah it's my first mountainbike so i have to discover alot of trails and there are plenty in Meerdaelwoud and Heverleebos. Just take a look on Strava and u'll find many, that's what i'm doing.

I hope you didn't size your mountain bike the same as your road bike! It should be quite a lot smaller. Bike fits don't work for mountain bikes because you're not just sat in the saddle like you are with a road bike, it's when you're out of the saddle you will really feel it if your bike is too big.
  • KoenM

I hope you didn't size your mountain bike the same as your road bike! It should be quite a lot smaller. Bike fits don't work for mountain bikes because you're not just sat in the saddle like you are with a road bike, it's when you're out of the saddle you will really feel it if your bike is too big.

I did do that, but only for the saddle position, the toptube is alot shorter. And haven't regretted it yet, it never felt to big out of the saddle (or on the saddle).