La Clusaz

teebs_123
teebs_123 Posts: 357
edited November 2015 in Tour & expedition
Hi All,

Planning on a week away with the wife and dog in early June. We've found a nice place in La Clusaz which seems to tick most of the boxes required (near some big climbs/cafes etc for wife).

Has anyone any experience of this area and would recommend this village? Would think I would be riding 5/6 days

Thanks
Andy
Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
Kinesis 4s Di2

Comments

• cc78
    cc78 Posts: 599
    Hi All,

Planning on a week away with the wife and dog in early June. We've found a nice place in La Clusaz which seems to tick most of the boxes required (near some big climbs/cafes etc for wife).

Has anyone any experience of this area and would recommend this village? Would think I would be riding 5/6 days

Thanks
    Andy

Yes, La Clusaz is an extremely pleasant place to spend a week. Beautiful setting, friendly locals, plenty of good restaurants, nice walks for the dog, easy access from the autoroute network and the cycling is fantastic; there is a huge choice of rides and climbs (Aravis, Croix-Fry, Colombiere, Saisies, Glieres, Semnoz, Forclaz x 2, Epine, Romme, etc etc). June is one of the best periods of the year, when the weather is generally decent and the roads are very quiet.

If you're interested, the Time Megeve Mont Blanc sportive is on Sunday 6th June and there's a reasonable chance it will pass through La Clusaz. If not then it won't be far away. Great event.

By all means PM me if you have any other questions; more than happy to suggest some nice rides as well.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Have stayed just up the road in Le Grand Bornand and visited La Clusaz, its a beautiful area, which is fantastic for cycling but also offers a good family location for sun and swimming pools.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....