Windows 10 - BE WARNED

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited November 2015 in The bottom bracket
It's utterly shyyyyyt.

I upgraded to it today and it's killed my computer. It's rubbish.
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    It's utterly shyyyyyt.

I upgraded to it today and it's killed my computer. It's rubbish.

Really?? It's transformed my windows 7 netbook that took days to do even the simplest task and I've upgraded my desktop and laptop from 8.1 with no issues at all
  • Matthewfalle
    Ahhh, dude, no.

Everything takes a billions hours to run - it's all gone incredibly slooooooooowwwwwwwwww and locks up all the time.

Right regret down loading it now.

Did yours work straight off or did you have to mess around with it?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Ahhh, dude, no.

Everything takes a billions hours to run - it's all gone incredibly slooooooooowwwwwwwwww and locks up all the time.

Right regret down loading it now.

Did yours work straight off or did you have to mess around with it?

Sorry, all 3 of mine were fine straight away. Took a while for the download procedure but no problems since
  • Matthewfalle
    You bugger. Please give yourself a dead arm from me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    XP was good. Window's 95 was excellent, apart from that the rest has been shyte.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Better than 8, similar to 7, performance on all the laptops and pc's here excellent
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    Interesting thread - I've avoided "upgrading" my 4-yr-old laptop from Win7, assuming that 10 would put too much demand on it and slow it down.

The fact that some people seem to think it may actually be an improvement makes me wonder if it might be worth a try.

Does anyone know if the process is reversible? I have the original recovery/reinstallation discs, so I assume that if I backed up all my data onto an external HDD before upgrading, I could reinstall 7 using these at a later date if needed?
  • pinno
    Interesting thread - I've avoided "upgrading" my 4-yr-old laptop from Win7, assuming that 10 would put too much demand on it and slow it down.

The fact that some people seem to think it may actually be an improvement makes me wonder if it might be worth a try.

Does anyone know if the process is reversible? I have the original recovery/reinstallation discs, so I assume that if I backed up all my data onto an external HDD before upgrading, I could reinstall 7 using these at a later date if needed?

Depends (I think) on whether you have a 64 bit system. Some versions of W7 are 32 bit, some are 64.
  • pinno
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    The BEST windows since XP. It is superb! Take the free upgrade while you can..
    Download macrium, image your drive and if it doesn't work restore. Simples..
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I've upgraded my workstation, Laptop and my Fusion Pro 3, its stable but full of coding errors.

We found that all three machines could not send email using SMTP until we logged into a command prompt and ran sfc /scannow this was on all three systems that had just had a virgin install and had a mixture of Office 2010 and Office 2016.

It keeps dropping the connection to our exchange public folders, which IIRC Windows 8 did until an update was brought out that fixed it.

I got used to 8.1 and found it really quite nice, but having had some software corruption and the need to fit some larger HDD's I took the plunge.

I have had no crashes, but it is a little clunkier than 8.1

I'm going to delay install it on the other machines for probably the next 12 months and hopefully a fix will be out by then.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    For one moment I thought Speed King was back, oh well!
    FWIW:
    XP was brilliant.
    Vista awful.
    Windows 7 excellent.
    8 dreadful.
    10 is good but be wary of the default settings - microsoft seems to hiding some of the settings.
  • Matthewfalle
    Problem is, to a Luddite like me I was lead to believe that I downloaded it and that was it - job jobbed.

Now I find out I have to add this and amend that and code the other and HDC the cat while STML'ing The Hound.

If I would have known that I would have left well alone.

On a brighter note, I'm glad that my brain the size of a planet wasn't wasted and someone noticed the Speedking reference........

Windows 10 - what a fag.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Think there was an earlier thread about this. I fell into the upgrade trap and it was complete shiite for my laptop. Doesn't like Chrome either. So have ditched it and gone back to Win8.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pinno
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7bzR9veeKudUfjiuTqa9mUbpjdhP2_2Zw4aW29FPsIsmNeqzb
  • Our nerd has advised that we wait until the first service pack is released.

As he is a nerd, I'll take his computery advice on board.
    Advocate of disc brakes.