Spammy Friday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited November 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I thought the crud was getting a bit more popular this morning, turns out it's just spammers. Gutted.

Well, I didn't go climbing last night, I really couldn't be bothered, and even though it was pay day, I have no money (I mean less than £0 already) and Christmas to pay for :(

Yesterday I sat down with my boss as we're going to start an informal disciplinary of retard minion as he's just pi$$ing us all off, so that's going to be fun. In the middle of the meeting, my boss drops the bomb that she's retiring in the summer! She most likely won't be replaced, and the department is going to be broken up. I'm not too bothered, as long as I get some form of promotion or pay rise out of this, however I'm concerned that people younger than me may be my boss. I don't like this idea.

Oh, today is Lancashire Day, so screw all the haters, we won the war!

new-lancashire-rose-380x260.jpg

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Morning mongs,

Hungover today as last night I was celebrating it was Thursday.

Bike is in the car and if I can be arsed I'll go for a ride on the way home.

TKM: don't worry about people younger being your boss. I don't, I know more than them, they ask my opinion and they have all the pressure on them lol
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TKM: don't worry about people younger being your boss. I don't, I know more than them, they ask my opinion and they have all the pressure on them lol
    Who the fark are you, etc, etc...
    But quite right on this point. I have successfully avoided management, but get a good amount of wedge because I know what I'm doing. Every now and then my manager tries to 'help' me with something. He usually gets a withering look and a comment that I know what I'm doing before I explain how and why he's wrong. That usually buys me some peace and quiet for a good while.
    Anyway, morning all.
    Don't feel too bad today. Still a bit snotty but better than yesterday so should be good for the weekend. This pleases me greatly as I hate being ill on my own time. Day off on Monday, but unfortunately have to go for a scan in the morning. That's bad timing. Hoping for a quiet day in the office, probably a slim hope being Fryday. Bits of dead pig will be fried and consumed later. Until then, tea and biscuits.
  • Morning bung pokers..

It's Friday! woop only had a 4 day week but after being away and drinking beer all last weekend it has felt un feasibly long and I had to do some work for a change... horrible!!

Today more normal pretending to work, some indoor bike when I get home.

Need to fit the new coils to the DH bike this weekend.. effort!

Terah
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Working from home meant time for a decent run rather than driving

Now sat in the office wishing the cleaners would hurry up and ferk off. Later is the pub
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Forgot to say Happy Lancashire Day, didn't know there was such a thing. Should I have been given the day off as I can claim some Lancastrian origin?
  • Forgot to say Happy Lancashire Day, didn't know there was such a thing. Should I have been given the day off as I can claim some Lancastrian origin?
    There is indeed!
    There's a disclaimer:
    As an act of unity, and no matter where they are in the world, Lancastrians are asked to raise their glasses at 9pm GMT and drink the Loyal Toast to "The Queen, Duke of Lancaster".
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Forgot to say Happy Lancashire Day, didn't know there was such a thing. Should I have been given the day off as I can claim some Lancastrian origin?

Mussolini didn't win but Lancashire did. Does that balance out to some sort of neutral indifference then? If so, no excuses to celebrate and have a drink... D'Oh stupid me, you don't need excuses.
    Take TLW along with you and ask them to scan his liver.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Evening Swamp Life,

Now on the train which is being held up again. Boring. The London lergy has morphed into a full blown snot fest which wasn't very nice but at least half the office has got the same so it was a bit like that episode 'Sick' from the Young Ones :)

Mat need to drink cider tonight to kill the germs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]