Tantalizing Thursday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited November 2015 in The bottom bracket
Another day, Another dollar.

Ambition, family or both aside. Day of explaining people how to use processes that they should know. May even do a shopping binge with the discount on selfridges right now.

My handy Uni Job guy is bringing me a coffee and croissant, needed as I've been here for over 2 hours already.

Enjoy the day ladies n gents (and others)
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• Work/life balance is running at a reasonable level, dropped the very small person off at nursery this morning as he and his mother stayed over (unexpectedly)

Some may shun the mass child care facility but as an only one he does get the interaction with other small people that he needs.

The boy has football training tonight so I'll be taking him, maybe watching, maybe no depending on the weather.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • What is also tantalizing, apart from Thursday, is that there is an ultegra equiped 54cm bike going for the exact amount of cash I have in my drawer in the classified section...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Newer garmin sensors down to £30 on amazon rather than 45/55 quid should anyone want them
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Dirk is at the shop getting the seat post and stem sorted and have managed to negotiate good price on Ti Record rear mech to match shifters, so happy there. Chorus rear mech now goes on sprogs Pinarello TT bike.

Have also planted seed in his mind about a possible deal on the Cadex that is too small for me and is sitting in the workshop.... Hmmm - let's see what happens there :)

Apart from that: went out with The Hound, just had a curry lunch and about to chill for a while - thank you tax payers.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Apart from that: went out with The Hound, just had a curry lunch and about to chill for a while - thank you tax payers.
    I think I just found a reason to readjust my work life balance towards work for a bit :wink:

Just demolished something vaguely healthy after sitting in meetings with my guts rumbling. Saw an excellent video yesterday of one of our company's new products which was actually rather cool. 3D printing is a bit geektastic but as a demo they got it to 'print' an alloy wheel for a car. Cool beans. Yours for half a million squid plus VAT.

Tomorrow is pedalling again and the start of the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Blimey, it's already the afternoon.
    Seem to have caught a dose of manflu, that's no good. Lots of fettling of the Mini yesterday. It's now in more pieces than when I started, this will be rectumfied at the weekend. That reminds me, I must take some bits home with me. Should probably pay for them as well.
    Customers are being annoying, but I've got several big orders on the boil which is good for this time of year. Some of them are being awkward and I'm lacking in patience today. I didn't even drink much last night.
    Work/life balance pretty good here too. I came back to work here for that very reason. Close to home, shorter hours and no weekends. I work with a few friends as well so there are plenty of trips to the cafe or the pub to smooth things along. Richmond Park is on my doorstep, although it's full of twunts on a sunny day it is possible to avoid them, and there is always plenty to do in the area. Thankfully I bought my house 20 years ago so don't have a ridiculous mortgage.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Life life balance going fine, sun shining, bubble in lots of pieces, shunt fields sorted, made bread and just taken it out of the oven, house smells great.

Realistically how cool does bread have to be before you can sensibly put in your mouth? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    Cool enough that your tongue doesn't swell up into the back of your throat so you can't breathe and die to death. MF may be better qualified with medical terms for dying until you are dead.
    On the bright side, if you did suffocate on a swollen tongue having eaten bread that's too hot you might be immortalised with a Darwin Award though.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Newer garmin sensors down to £30 on amazon rather than 45/55 quid should anyone want them

Cheers bought one!

Work meh after a very wet ride in, put an offer in for a house and requested they include some woods with it - might be creating a decent crudder track :) if they accept my bid :(
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Cool enough that your tongue doesn't swell up into the back of your throat so you can't breathe and die to death. MF may be better qualified with medical terms for dying until you are dead.
    On the bright side, if you did suffocate on a swollen tongue having eaten bread that's too hot you might be immortalised with a Darwin Award though.

Nomnomnom perfect :D

How long does skin take to grow back?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    How long does skin take to grow back?
    On your tongue? Not long as there is a good blood supply.
    That's probably a load of codswollop
  • How long does skin take to grow back?
    On your tongue? Not long as there is a good blood supply.
    That's probably a load of codswollop

But longer than it takes for the indegestion to go away
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Pretty horrible day in Solihull, got soaked on my way in this morning and probably will be on the way back too.

Was almost taken out by a car too, the last 3 letters of the number plate were PNO i know who i'm blaming!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Cheers bought one!

Work meh after a very wet ride in, put an offer in for a house and requested they include some woods with it - might be creating a decent crudder track :) if they accept my bid :(

bid rejected :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Evening all, wots going on 'ere then?

Work life balance is okay except I ate into the life bit by having a sleep.
    Went to sunny Irvine with a delivery of HDPE 2 plastic, filthy job now over.

Got my Smart 60 lux lights today (2 of) and frikking hell are they bright. Without going into Road General* Crap, can anyone recommend good quality rechargeable batteries?
    Contract proposal is written up and i'll pop it to them tomorrow. Cross fingers.

@HD (again) I have no qualms about anyone using state sponsored (or otherwise) child care if they really need to. I have neighbours who come home at 2ish and then collect their daughter at 5.30pm but they live by the motto "Cleanliness is Godliness". She's only 6, poor sausage.

Laters.

*Im heading that way, might need back up.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

"Big dead disease". Technical term. Can only be surpassed by "huge dead disease" and then onto the third stage of dead disease: "I'm sure someone was standing there a few moments ago".

Have to be well qualified to know stuff like that.

I like your layman interpretation of the diagnosis though - I may claim it as my own..........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    MF sounds like a member of the guards there, Terry Pratchett's guards that is
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    I like your layman interpretation of the diagnosis though - I may claim it as my own..........
    You are welcome to it. Some of the best medical terms I learnt from a friend that is a doctor, interesting acronyms many of which would be frowned upon by the PC brigade I'm sure.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    You are welcome to it. Some of the best medical terms I learnt from a friend that is a doctor, interesting acronyms many of which would be frowned upon by the PC brigade I'm sure.

FARD being one of them.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!