Fork Seals, Pike to Boxxer.

trigger118
trigger118 Posts: 191
edited December 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

I'm about to service my 2012 Boxxer RCs and dont seem to have any replacement seals for them (thought they came with the forks when you bought new but cant find them). I do however have the spare set of seals from my 2013 Pikes. Will these fit in the Boxxers? I understand that the Boxxer and the Pike have the same stantion size but I dont know enough about the internals to know if this possible. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Jon
2010 Norco Shore 2
2007 Commencal MaxMax
2013 Nukeproof Mega AM

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Same stanchion diameter then yes.

Fork seals are just generic seals with some tailoring (or not) to the usage, so they use Industry standardised sizing for the lower section.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thats great thanks,

Will give it a go today and see how it looks

Cheers
    2010 Norco Shore 2
    2007 Commencal MaxMax
    2013 Nukeproof Mega AM
  • Some Boxxers run a double seal with a oil seal under the wiper seal, have a look and see whats in the Pike pack and if there is grey seal and a black one.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The BoXXers have different oil seals and a deeper recess for them to sit in. The foam seals are thicker as well.
    Only the dust seals are the same.
  • Thanks everyone, you are indeed correct of course. They are different, it was worth a go! Have since ordered the correct seals though. Thanks
    2010 Norco Shore 2
    2007 Commencal MaxMax
    2013 Nukeproof Mega AM