Stretching???

moefoemil
moefoemil Posts: 254
edited November 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,
Please bare with me whilst I try and tell you the problem I'm having as it's a bit difficult to explain.
Right, here goes: When I put pressure on my crank as I go to set off or whilst I'm riding and put pressure on to"give it some beans" it feels like somethings stretching at my hub or chain at the rear end of my bike. It only does it for a split second and when its that first initial push on the crank arm.
My chain is only about 50miles old and isn't stretched and my rear hub seems to be in good order with no play in it.
I hope this makes sense to you's and if anyone has got any ideas they would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers. Gaz
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Probably the chainstays and seatstays twisting a bit. Perfectly normal.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    FS or hardtail?

If FS what frame, many rear suspension designs mean that chain tension will pull the rear end into droop(low mount single pivots for example) giving a feeling of stretchiness.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Sorry, should have said, it's a hardtail (Giant STP).
    Thanks for the info already given
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The STP is pretty rigid. What bottom bracket and cranks have you got?
  • The STP is pretty rigid. What bottom bracket and cranks have you got?

It's got a truvativ stylo crank with a standard Sram GXP BB, the ring that's on the crank is a 38tooth ethirteen guide ring which is pretty much new so shouldn't be worn