Had A Puncture Today

Frank Wilson
Frank Wilson Posts: 930
edited November 2015 in Road general
I replaced the inner tube*

I inflated it with a pump**

I rode home

* I do not know the make and model number of the inner tube but it was black / grey and made of a rubbery substance

** I do not know the make and model of the pump*** but it forced air into the inner tube with a pushing / pulling action

*** I was not emotionally attached to the pump after inlating tyre, merely put it back in it's holder****

**** I don't know the make and model of the holder either.

Comments

• DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    cool-story-bro-random-32789641-414-389.jpg
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832

I rode home

* I do not know the make and model number of the inner tube but it was black / grey and made of a rubbery substance

** I do not know the make and model of the pump*** but it forced air into the inner tube with a pushing / pulling action

*** I was not emotionally attached to the pump after inlating tyre, merely put it back in it's holder****

Was this on your bike or in your bedroom?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,602
    I did none of the above today.
    Or yesterday.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Why did you not use co2? Or visit the car garage and use their pump?

What sort of valve
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • john1967
    john1967 Posts: 366
    Were you wearing a helmet it could have prevented all of this.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    Are you thinking of replacing your tyres now for something with more puncture resistance?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Have you considered a warranty claim? Disc brakes would have prevented the whole sorry saga*.

* This may be a lie
  • Sounds like a load of b*llocks to me.
    I'm not emotionally attached to my pump or inner tubes either, but I did buy them so at some point I added them to my online shopping basket. I would have been aware of the brand name because of the picture. Then again I would have been reminded of the brand when I took delivery and unboxed them.
    Did you get your apparatus as gift? With no packaging? What sort of person gifts unboxed inner tubes?
    More details or I'm sticking with this being b*llocks.
  • Padeye
    Padeye Posts: 38
    Can you not afford a car?
  • I blame Wiggle
  • This thread represents a new low for Bikeradar....... :(
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Pretty sure seeing, what bike for under £1000 more than once on a page is the low point. And that didn't even need me to go through my memory
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Settles the tubs v clinchers debate!

Or does it?
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Sounds like a load of b*llocks to me.
    I'm not emotionally attached to my pump or inner tubes either, but I did buy them so at some point I added them to my online shopping basket. I would have been aware of the brand name because of the picture. Then again I would have been reminded of the brand when I took delivery and unboxed them.
    Did you get your apparatus as gift? With no packaging? What sort of person gifts unboxed inner tubes?

Nothing gets past you does it!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Sounds like a load of b*llocks to me.

Nothing gets past you does it!

Certainly not! But I've been checking back all day and I'm still waiting for my answers.
    I suspect he made it up, but even if this is an entirely fictional scenario I'd still like to know, within the context of the scenario, how did he happen to come by these items?
    I'm also curious if the OP did have a puncture today, and the rest was made up, or if there was no puncture to begin with.
    I'll keep checking back.
    So I'd like answers to my questions either way.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    It must be a hoax. No real cyclist know how to spell "puncture". Say it though and the p-fairy casts her spell.
  • I have fixed the puncture in the original inner tube

I used a puncture repair outfit

This was a collection of different size patches and some assorted sundries in an oblong tin

I have put the tin back on the shelf in the garage next to the masonry paint

I felt neither excited or disappointed by the puncture repair outfit

I have not been on an internet review site to give it stars ranging from one to five.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    What sort of masonry paint and how do you rate it?
    Honestly, there's a distinct lack of information.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    what sized patch did you use?
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382

I rode home

I would like to know what make / model your pump is. My pump only puts air into the tube on the push bit. The pull bit does nothing .Yours must do the job in half the time.
  • What sort of masonry paint and how do you rate it?
    Honestly, there's a distinct lack of information.

It was a proprietary brand

The tin indicated the contents to be white

I applied it with a brush

The wall became white

I do not have a head cam

There is not a video of this event for random people to "like"
  • The crux of this problem is that "Frank Wilson" takes pride in having little knowledge of the products he uses. Now this is at odds with the rest of us as we need details to verify these fanciful tales. But how can we when at the heart of all the instalments is the central theme of a lack of details!?

The further "Frank Wilson" goes with this story the more items he's throwing at us (inner tube, pump, repair kit, paint and now a brush at last count) all of which remain unverified. The more questions we ask to verify his story the more unverifiable objects he throws at us.

Unless he backs up any of this with photos I'm blocking him.