Attaching a rear Cateye light to a helmet?

Stephenjames
Stephenjames Posts: 47
edited November 2015 in Road general
HI,

Can anyone please help me?

I have been trying to figure out how to attach a rear Cateye light to my Giro Helmet without success. Cateye do a Universal Helmet Mount which seems to be only for front lights. I have tried Cateye Nima but this doesn't seem to work either. Would anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Isn't it an O ring ? Can't you loop it round your harness ? Or do you need a longer O ring ?
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    What model of Cateye rear light do you have?
  • Thanks DJ58 and Fenix for your replies to my post. Problem solved, I have attached a Cateye Nima to the harness of my Giro helmet as suggested by Fenix. It seems pretty secure, fingers crossed it will work.
    Thanks again, appreciated.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've fitted various led lights to my helmet over the years but ditched them as I couldn't get the light facing rearwards correctly as my head is always moving and now have a FibreFlare across the lower part of my Savant, cable tied in place I can change the batteries without removing it from my helmet.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    It is tricky as often the helmet rear seems to be pointing into the sky. I guess anything at that height will get noticed though amongst traffic. I just have a cheap Skully LED light that I clip onto the back of my harness.