Frosty Monday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,249
edited November 2015 in The bottom bracket
Bit nippy out there, my toes are cold. Nice enough wobble in, just had to be aware of drivers trying to navigate looking through a port hole sized window scraped in the ice. Idiots. Not much fun in the office, customers are being a pain and my emails aren't working. I might have to make a cup of tea myself at this rate. Very poor show.
Happy Monday folks.

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I prob had stiff nips by the time I got to work, walking between the car and office was a shock.

The date had scraped my car for me. that was a win.

Weekend of crudding, an airport run and too much food. Now I have to remember how to work.

Have a good day all, and enjoy that brew v68, can be made just how you like it now
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Started day with a visit to doc, resulting in appointment for x-ray and ultrasound scans tomorrow. Yippee.

Finished a small bricklaying job, had a swim, looked at bike on the trainer in the garage but decided I'd had enough for the day.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Stumbled from bed to my desk, received a cup of tea around 08.30, conf call at 09.00.
    More tea & toast at 10.00, incognito at 11.00
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    I was feeling a bit pleased with myself that I hadn't had to wear my overcoat when headed into work on public transport since last winter - until today. Even the hound was taking less time than usual to fertilise the garden this weekend and he has so far seemed to be pretty immune to the weather.

Last night was quite amusing as next doors had to take their youngest kid to hospital to get checked up vomiting, stomach pains) and came knocking on the door in a panic to see if I could keep an eye on their other two until the au pair arrived. The girls in my house were out so I had to go straight round with a very active Muttley in tow. I managed to just about contain a minor riot for half an hour...

Ho hum, onwards to more work then a couple of beers over in The City later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Yep, cold here this morning too. Had to scrape the windshield and then spent most of the day driving about the place visiting sites.

Now doing some admin which consists of hiring people and foruming.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    a great day for the heating at work to be playing up! at least it will make it feel less cold outside by comparison I guess! hoping I get home before the rain we have forecast!

only 125 days until the clocks change!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Af'noon

A pitch black and frozen world this morning. Then once the van had warmed up, I was cozy. Then it started raining. So I put on my 'I look like a road worker' flouro jacket on so the van steams up and then I am damp and warm! Come back frost.

Do Aussies spend all their spare time bricklaying, concreting, building swimming pools, garages and extensions?
    Is it to make up for generations of homelessness, penury and imprisonment?

125 days!? Farq...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    work meh in High Wycombe - knackered now and fed up of being on hold to the mortgage company
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    work meh in High Wycombe - knackered now and fed up of being on hold to the mortgage company

Watch out for Red Kites wiping some pigeon out like Armageddon on wings.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    hoping I get home before the rain we have forecast!

This did not happen! On the plus side I can recommend the endura stealth extreme tights, they are very warm and very waterproof!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes