Stupid Mondays...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited November 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I've had a shoot nights sleep. I didn't get in until 11:30 last night, got to bed around midnight only to be woken at 3:30 by the stupid old fire alarm telling me its battery was dying. Feck it!

Needless to say, I've shattered this morning, and not looking forward to work.

Meh.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    I hate that kind of alarm, always fail in the middle of the night as the temperature drop kills the batteries. We've now got mains powered ones, that I keep having to turn off if anyone burns toast. Then I forget to turn them on again.
    Morning all,
    Rather frosty out there, lots of cars being driven by fools that were pretending they were in boats. That's the only reason they could want to look out of a port hole sized gap in the ice I guess. Very pretty in the park with the frost and the sun shining. Garmin reckoned it was -2.7 though. Work started early with customers bothering me before I'd even had my first cup of tea. Can't get into my email system either, could be one of those days.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    Wore my overcoat on the way in this morning for the first time since last winter. It was needed. At least the hound is taking less time to fertilise the garden when it's this cold, so far he has seemed immune to weather of any sort apart from heat.

More work beckons but it's beer tonight over in The City 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    long work meh day as I needed to be in High Wycombe for 8.30am. Thankfully got away at a reasonable time and I'm now sitting here playing whilst on hold to the mortgage company
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening panty liners,

Been outside chopping stuff down and burning it, this was a good day!

Just had foods and now sat in front of a roaring fire fighting off the inevitable desire to snooze!

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Greetings all,

Monday sucks so far, full on man flu that came on over night. Purchased a Graphics Card from CEX as the old one died. Subsequently have been back to CEX three times to get a working one that was cheaper than my original outlay. Now I have vouchers that I won't be using.

But watched a good film True Story, And am contemplating the ideas of a 29er, due to the price I have seen one at. Don't like the idea of 29" but the price is tempting.
  • Stevo_666
    Greetings all,

Monday sucks so far, full on man flu that came on over night. Purchased a Graphics Card from CEX as the old one died. Subsequently have been back to CEX three times to get a working one that was cheaper than my original outlay. Now I have vouchers that I won't be using.

But watched a good film True Story, And am contemplating the ideas of a 29er, due to the price I have seen one at. Don't like the idea of 29" but the price is tempting.
    Don't do it. You realise 29er wheels are the same size as on a road bike which would make you.....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Greetings all,

Don't do it. You realise 29er wheels are the same size as on a road bike which would make you.....

Sold, I am no roadie. I considered the commuter as a compromise. I am happy to exert more energy and show that I am struggling if I am next to a roadie than be on a road bike. The tires look like they were built for one reason only torture.

Will continue the 650b build. It is a 15 Stumpjumper Comp 29er in the sale pre-owned at just over £300 in a paint scheme I haven't seen before. Look's tempting. But I already had my doubts about 29ers.
  • Actually surprised at the comedy actors jumping in to more serious films. Good actors. Ben Stiller-The life of walter mitty, Adam Sandler-Men, Women & Children, Will Ferrell-Everything must go and Jonah Hill-True Sotry. All films I greatly enjoyed.
  • Stevo_666
    Greetings all,

Sold, I am no roadie. I considered the commuter as a compromise. I am happy to exert more energy and show that I am struggling if I am next to a roadie than be on a road bike. The tires look like they were built for one reason only torture.

Will continue the 650b build. It is a 15 Stumpjumper Comp 29er in the sale pre-owned at just over £300 in a paint scheme I haven't seen before. Look's tempting. But I already had my doubts about 29ers.
    Phew. You won't burn in hell now.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    What size are the wheels on your hybrid Stevo? Loving my big wheels, roll nice and fast uphill as well as down. ;-)