Bryton Rider 50 questions.

pogo001
pogo001 Posts: 4
edited November 2015 in Road general
Hi.
I am new to this site, and to cycling. I may have posted this in the wrong section, perhaps a moderator could move it if necessary.

I have just bought a Bryton Rider 50 gps. I resisted for so long, as I HATE technology, but local rides were getting a bit samey, so took the plunge. Already frustration is setting in!

Can anyone who has a Bryton gps help me? I bought it 2nd hand here in France where I live. I have plotted a short trial route, and seem to have loaded it onto the device. However, when I select the route, the map wont zoom in any smaller than the whole of france, so obiously unuseable.
What am I doing wrong? I should warn you, I need VERY simple instructions, dont assume I know anything about techie stuff :lol:

Paul

Comments

• When you buy the device, it comes with maps and an SD card. Your problem can happen if you don't have the maps installed on the micro SD card. If you do have the maps, the card may not be sitting correctly in the device. Remove it, and push it back in until it clicks. The card slot can be accessed from underneath and at the bottom of the device.

cheers
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Hi.
    When you say it comes with maps, do you mean on the CD? It has a microcard installed, and I have taken this out several times and reinstalled it firmly. I assumed that if it was used before, it would all be working ok.

If the maps are on the CD, can I reinstall them?
  • I would assume you can. In the settings menu of the device, you can check to see if the map is activated.

...\Settings\Map\Map Activation

I would check that before reinstalling anything.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • It gives me the option of activating maps, so assume its not. However, I then have to enter the key code I dont have.