S**tty Saturday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
edited November 2015 in The bottom bracket
Well its vile here - cold wet n grey. So jobs are the order of the day for now until its nice enough to persuade Stropteen to go for her weekend run with me.

The search for a replacement for the birthday ski trip continues...
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    got back from a week in dubai last night, mid twenties overnight, thirty-ish by day

went for a ride, just laps around regents park, 'strewth, rain, sleet, snow, wind, two-ish degrees at lowest

at the moment, even the water from the cold tap feels warm
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Cool and cloudy here too, only about 22 C today, a nice change after yesterday's 41C.

Spent the afternoon mixing concrete and pouring a small footing for retaining wall. Woohoo. My weekends are such fun... :roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I'm hibernating for the day. Doing some work yesterday was too much of a shock to the system.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Af'noon

[rant]

Sometime ago a so called mate had borrowed my Turbo Trainer. On reflection, we decided that he should keep it in return for something - couple of pints perhaps?. Never materialised. He was a 'cycling buddy', the sort where you should initially say how many miles you are doing and then he'll decide whether to talk to you or not. My OH offered some clothes that no longer fitted the girls but were in superb condition. I offered it to him and his wife and their new baby. They seemed keen and I said to pop around and pick them up. After a few fleeting meetings and re-iteration of the fact that they did want them, we kept them for weeks and weeks. A few texts later and he was coming up to pick them up. Never happened. Clothes went to the clothing bank.
    Yesterday, I bumped into daughter of the woman who I re-vamped her shed into a proper workshop for - without payment. The deal was that she was to sketch a picture of the girls in return for 40 hours work(?). Her work is good.

http://www.janefraserstudio.com

Nothing came of it. Even helping her (successfully) when she broke down twice.
    Said daughter (single mum, unemployed) said that she would 'love the clothes' for 3 year old and would pop up today. I went around there briefly, wondering if she had received my text seen as I sent it early this morning. It transpires that she did want the clothes but was too busy - contrary to yesterdays intimation. I said that why doesn't she pop up, i'll put them in the boot, take what you want and put the rest to charity, which would take all of 10 minutes. 'Too busy, perhaps next week'. Well, farq me and farq them. You try to help and do your bit.
    [rant over]

Anyway's, it's fresh but settled today after yesterday's relentless wind, sleet, snow, Icelanders blowing around. Tomorrow I may actually get on my bike instead of staring at the floor at the puddle of sweat whilst on the parabolic rollers (whatever the farq parabolic means).

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Well, we rode in subzero snow this morning. My fingers froze, I had a puncture I couldn't fix and had to ride home on the flat, and when I got back I found out that at some point I've cracked my toptube and broken my saddle. Not fun, and now not cheap either. Sh*tty Saturday indeed.
  • Stevo_666
    Well, we rode in subzero snow this morning. My fingers froze, I had a puncture I couldn't fix and had to ride home on the flat, and when I got back I found out that at some point I've cracked my toptube and broken my saddle. Not fun, and now not cheap either. Sh*tty Saturday indeed.
    That sucks. Must have been tricky riding back on a flat. Did you not damage your wheel?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Spent the day knocking out a hideous stone fireplace and arch, there will be pics soon...

Gonna get ready for a night out which may end up being rubbish because both Mrs HD and I have picked up a 24hr bug.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

That sucks. On a brighter note, though, I can do you a deal on a new frame/forks/seat post/stem etc etc I have sitting in the loft.

As an aside - how cold? Brrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    Well its vile here - cold wet n grey. So jobs are the order of the day for now until its nice enough to persuade Stropteen to go for her weekend run with me.

I shall cheer you up.
    Chelsea won, and Arsenal got beat.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666

I shall cheer you up.
    Chelsea won, and Arsenal got beat.
    I wasn't unhappy, but the footy has cheered me up anyway. Especially the current City - Liverpool score :D
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Slutty Saturday? Have I missed something?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424

Yeah, it was Smutty too :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ballysmate

Yeah, it was Smutty too :D

A slutty Saturday could lead to a spotty Sunday. :shock:
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913

That sucks. On a brighter note, though, I can do you a deal on a new frame/forks/seat post/stem etc etc I have sitting in the loft.

As an aside - how cold? Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

I also have a frameset for sale :D
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Staying with the olds this weekend in freezing Sussex. Currently working my way through their drinks cabinet. Where's the meet for a fight thread when you need it :roll:

Is Stevo still biting?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    Staying with the olds this weekend in freezing Sussex. Currently working my way through their drinks cabinet. Where's the meet for a fight thread when you need it :roll:

Is Stevo still biting?

We will keep at it, he finds it hard to resist.
    He's probably say watching MOTD with his trousers round his ankles seeing as Chelsea won, :lol:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    :lol: Law of averages, they had to win eventually.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    :lol: Law of averages, they had to win eventually.
    Beating someone above you in the League should always be celebrated.
    Some just have more to choose from than others.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Well I was trying to have a bit of banter in the Premier League thread but it's all gone inexplicably quiet in there :mrgreen:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    I would have taken it on the chin had Watford held on to a point.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Well I was trying to have a bit of banter in the Premier League thread but it's all gone inexplicably quiet in there :mrgreen:

Sorry mate was out for the day.

Crud this morning, then out to see some friends at theres which ended up with a late pub supper and more drinks. Home for the sky+ of a football match

Cold wind here. Glad everyone else is cold too, except spinner
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362

OK, so what have you (and Chris Bass) got? I broke a Cervelo R5Ca, and am looking for something of the same ilk.

(the frame may yet be repairable, I'll find out on Thursday).
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I broke a Cervelo R5Ca, and am looking for something of the same ilk.

And for that reason I'm out!

unless you fancy slumming it with a giant defy frame? or a ribble sportive or possibly even a cube peloton?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes