Fighting Friday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited November 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I had a random thought last night of joining the French Foreign Legion, and then looked up their website. Turns out that they'd let me in, whereas the British Army was quite picky about medical conditions. I wanted to join since I was 18, looked into it about 3 or 4 years ago and got told I couldn't and now it seems there's another way...

Anywho, might be selling a microphone today to a lesser-spotted minion so that will be nice. After that, over to Bury for normal shenanigans.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    TKM - do you still have to murder someone to join them? :)

Morning

Good sleep, but longer than I wanted which means this mornings run was cut short. Working in Shrewsbury today which is good as it minimises the commute home and means pub time can start earlier
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning walkers,

TKM-if it's anything like the British Legion then it'll just be a load of coffin dodgers talking about how great things used to be while drinking far too much! ;-)

Went to the local fish and chip shop last night, set up for takeaway and to eat in which is quite weird in the fact that you order then go next door past the front room into their dining room where they deliver your scoff!

Today is grey and Quite windy here, so bad that i might get blown off!

Got an electrician coming today to quote for a variety of blah that we need doing, other than that i think there will be a visit to see Jimmy Bond tonight!

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • TKM - do you still have to murder someone to join them? :)
    Sadly not any more. I'd have a list of people ready to be taken out if they did though :wink:
    bg13 wrote:
    TKM-if it's anything like the British Legion then it'll just be a load of coffin dodgers talking about how great things used to be while drinking far too much! ;-)
    :lol: Apparently they're meant to be tougher than the French Army (though if history tells us anything, that's not difficult :lol: )
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Just as I was thinking of commissioning TKM to help him fulfil his entry criteria...
    Moaning all,
    Got too hot riding in, thought it may be time to ditch the shorts as it was chilly last night. I was wrong. Very glad it's Fryday, dead piggy will be consumed later. Just heard I'm getting rid of a nuisance customer, unfortunately the guy taking over is worse. Not much going on round here today with any luck.
  • y2keable
    y2keable Posts: 349
    Sweet! It's Friday.

New shoes have arrived, awesome new jacket has arrived, shock has come back from the service centre (at last!) and once 5:00 comes, that's me done with work until Thursday. Ride tomorrow, set sail for Amsterdam on Sunday and return on Wednesday.

2 more hours to go, c'mon!
    <hr noshade size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><b><font color="black">Crash, </font id="black"><font color="blue">get up. </font id="blue"><font color="black"> Crash, </font id="black"><font color="blue">get up. </font id="blue"><font color="black"> Crash, </font id="black"><font color="blue">get up. </font id="blue"><font color="black"> Crash, stay down. </font id="black"><font color="red"> Embrase pain.</font id="red"></b></font id="Book Antiqua">

<hr noshade size="1">
    [:D] Paying close attention to my mental hygeine. [:D]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,493
    Evening Gits,

Friday is good. I'm dossing in front of the telly watching junk sci-fi. And having a cider.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]