Donald Trump

joelsim
joelsim Posts: 7,552
edited October 2019 in The cake stop
Is this bloke 100% or just 99.99% muppet?

What a tool.

Discuss.

Comments

• On a related note, I wonder how much the new Warburtons crumpet advert cost to make?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    He's busy Wrecking Turnberry. He's a classless, tacky oik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7UcQcD9INI
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • On a related note, I wonder how much the new Warburtons crumpet advert cost to make?

Probably not as much as the one with Sly Stallone!

And Donald Trump is without doubt one of the biggest gits in history. :shock:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    If you can be bothered seeking it out, a couple months or so back The Economist ran an interview with him and also released the audio of the entire telephone interview conducted with the numpty. I heard it on their podcast feed, guess it will be accessible via their site.

God, it was depressing listening. What a narrow minded, bigoted, self satisfied fool he sounded. And may the deity of your choice help us should the good ol' boys actually elect him.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    I think the sign of just how bad a person he is was when he made me feel sympathy for one of the Bush dynasty. You have to be a complete &£*# to manage that!!

Problem is I can genuinely see him getting voted in as President which is a terrifying prospect.
  • pinno
    I think the sign of just how bad a person he is was when he made me feel sympathy for one of the Bush dynasty. You have to be a complete &£*# to manage that!!

Problem is I can genuinely see him getting voted in as President which is a terrifying prospect.

Even the rednecks can see through him. He'll do a Sarah Palin scale/style f*ck up sooner or later.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Donald-Trump-likely-to-win-the-2016-election
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    It's when a narrow minded biggot strikes a resononse with the public to such a degree he finds himself as a front runner in the Republican race is the scariest aspect.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    If you consider that aside from Obama, every American president has been returned by 'Middle America' and the bible bashing belt, their impact vis-a-vis US Foreign policy, has shaped a lot of the world as we know it. Frightening.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I think he is the best for the job.
    You need a businessman to run a country, not a yes man and he is certainly not a yes man.
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    You need a businessman to run a country, not a yes man and he is certainly not a yes man.

WElcome back VTech. I see you haven't lost your touch. :lol:
  • VTech
    Been busy with some research of late so haven't been around but my post is deadly serious.

I have said it on this forum way before he was in the running for candidacy.
    Living MY dream.
  • pinno

A businessman who's wife, Ivana Trump was a key mover and who's father, Fred Trump had given him an enormous leg up? That Donald Trumped up twit?
  • VTech

A businessman who's wife, Ivana Trump was a key mover and who's father, Fred Trump had given him an enormous leg up? That Donald Trumped up twit?

Your posts are normally on the point but surely your not saying that someone born into money can't do well ?
    Mr Trump for all his faults is an amazing businessman, regardless of whether you like him or not shouldn't matter, the fact that he makes things happen should be all that counts.

You need a businessman to run a country, just like you do to make sure a company is viable.
    Governments need to be run like business, they do this in places like singapore and punish failings as they would in normal business. By having councils, people in charge etc not having to account for their actions either during or after their employment is lunacy and breeds trouble from the core.

Accountability and someone who will make hard choices and stand no mess.
    Living MY dream.
  • pinno
    Asking for a database for muslims living in the US and calling Syrian refugees 'Rabid Dogs' is hardly going to endear himself to the more liberal (free thinking Americans) and it underlines his naievity that will do the US no good whatsoever in international relations.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/20/muslim-americans-outrage-donald-trump-ben-carson

Bush said "You are either with us or against us" and in the process blew the Tripartite talks that Clinton had brokered in the middle east and created deeper lines between the 'collaborators' in the west and those detractors - maybe even served as the catalyst to where we are now. Trump talks the same cowboy talk that Bush talked and is likely to re-alienate Iran and further exacerbate the current surge of Islamic fundamentalism.
    It's not all about running the economy, in fact being the American president is very little about running the economy as Obama has found time and time again because of the objections of the Senate.
    He should stick to Business and I hope he goes a long way in the US elections before failing as bank rolling the whole campaign will ruin him.
  • VTech
    Asking for a database for muslims living in the US and calling Syrian refugees 'Rabid Dogs' is hardly going to endear himself to the more liberal (free thinking Americans) and it underlines his naievity that will do the US no good whatsoever in international relations.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/20/muslim-americans-outrage-donald-trump-ben-carson

Bush said "You are either with us or against us" and in the process blew the Tripartite talks that Clinton had brokered in the middle east and created deeper lines between the 'collaborators' in the west and those detractors - maybe even served as the catalyst to where we are now. Trump talks the same cowboy talk that Bush talked and is likely to re-alienate Iran and further exacerbate the current surge of Islamic fundamentalism.
    It's not all about running the economy, in fact being the American president is very little about running the economy as Obama has found time and time again because of the objections of the Senate.
    He should stick to Business and I hope he goes a long way in the US elections before failing as bank rolling the whole campaign will ruin him.

You think he is bankrolling it ? :shock:

I do not agree on many of his speeches but that isn't my point, I'm referring to running the financial side of the country, we all know that the president doesn't call the shots military.
    Anyone with sense also knows that the real issues are not with iran either, it has and is to do with the isreal issue.

I don't want to get into a religious argument here as I have strong views which would offend some and I'm not really in the mood for that but the truth is that governments need to be business based in order to work, for the reasons i mentioned above.
    Living MY dream.
  • pinno
    His credentials aren't deep enough to be the American President.

The late James Cameron, journalist said "Isreal is a nation surrounded by 170 million Arabs hell bent on its destruction".

That was in 1962. Nothing has changed. We'll leave it at that.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474

I do not agree on many of his speeches but that isn't my point, I'm referring to running the financial side of the country, we all know that the president doesn't call the shots military.
    Anyone with sense also knows that the real issues are not with iran either, it has and is to do with the isreal issue.

I don't want to get into a religious argument here as I have strong views which would offend some and I'm not really in the mood for that but the truth is that governments need to be business based in order to work, for the reasons i mentioned above.

The President is the Commander in Chief. So please enlighten us as " everyone knows the President call the shots militarily" so who does.

Take Israel out of the equation and you still have the residual issues of the Arab Spring, the suppression of minorities in Saudi, UAE and Bahrain. Iraq, Syria, Libya, civil unrest is a understatement and add Egypt with the military coup of a democratically elected government which has the support of the west.

The Israeli lobby is Washington certainly seems to hold sway, less so with the current administration but Netanyahu has done his fare share of alienation both with the Palestians and Obama.

But maybe I'm missing the point here, is VTech really Nigel Farage and has political ambitions based on business success? :wink:

Trump, Farage/ V Tech all have ideas and supply a narrative but i can't seem to link their thinking to the facts in the real world.

The yanks have been living beyond their means for decades and all you have to do is look at their growing deficit which makes me wonder what Trump would do about that. Maybe Chapter 11 and start again.....
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    Asking for a database for muslims living in the US and calling Syrian refugees 'Rabid Dogs' is hardly going to endear himself to the more liberal (free thinking Americans) .....
    Unfortunately for everyone, those Americans are very much in the minority.
    You try telling them God doesn't exist, and I'll take your gun off you thank you very much.
    See how free thinking and liberal they are then.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • VTech

The President is the Commander in Chief. So please enlighten us as " everyone knows the President call the shots militarily" so who does.

Take Israel out of the equation and you still have the residual issues of the Arab Spring, the suppression of minorities in Saudi, UAE and Bahrain. Iraq, Syria, Libya, civil unrest is a understatement and add Egypt with the military coup of a democratically elected government which has the support of the west.

The Israeli lobby is Washington certainly seems to hold sway, less so with the current administration but Netanyahu has done his fare share of alienation both with the Palestians and Obama.

But maybe I'm missing the point here, is VTech really Nigel Farage and has political ambitions based on business success? :wink:

Trump, Farage/ V Tech all have ideas and supply a narrative but i can't seem to link their thinking to the facts in the real world.

The yanks have been living beyond their means for decades and all you have to do is look at their growing deficit which makes me wonder what Trump would do about that. Maybe Chapter 11 and start again.....

Sadly you are completely unaware of my views with regards to the issues within the Middle East so to enlighten you slightly, I am 100% pro Muslim and detest to the highest levels anyone who tries to argue that the issues are to do with a certain people.
    I do not believe that the president calls the shots, I agree that the USA lives beyond its means and I think that they chose who to side with dependant on gain.
    I'm not anti USA either. Simple fact is that humans by nature are horrid creatures who continually hurt each other for personal gain which inevitably causes the issues we see in a daily basis which brings us back to accountability and my entire point within this thread and almost every financially related thread I've ever posted of commented on.

I'll say it again, the key word is accountability (or the lack of it)
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.

The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive

On exporting goods to China: "Listen you m
    f
    , we're going to tax you 25 percent!"

When was the last time anybody saw us beating, let's say, China in a trade deal? They kill us. I beat China all the time. All the time.

I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. ... And some, I assume, are good people

Laziness is a trait in the blacks. ... Black guys counting my money! I hate it.

The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yamakas every day.

If you can’t get rich dealing with politicians, there’s something wrong with you.

Free trade is terrible. Free trade can be wonderful if you have smart people. But we have stupid people [in office].

One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government

This wasn't a financial related thread at all. It was a thread whereby the OP asked is Trump was a 'Muppet' or 'Tool'. Aside from the gem that Pino posted about refugees being rabid dogs, here are a selection of other gems of wisdom uttered by the great man.
    Not a difficult decision. Complete tool.
  • VTech
    As with the voters choice method we use in the UK and USA the people do not have to vote him in.
    The most important thing you need to remember in life is that you don't need to like the people whom you need to get a job done. That could relate to most things in life but in politics at a level where you need someone to do what's right for the position they are in which includes financial choices you need someone with business background and creativity.

Let me be clear, I think the man is nuts but that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer him running for prime minister over some of the current people we have had in recent years.

Of course the fact that it's me suggesting this gives it less meaning on here, I'm good with that but I'm struggling to find any hard evidence to suggest anything I've written is even remotely wrong.
    Living MY dream.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Been busy with some research of late so haven't been around but my post is deadly serious.

Aside from all the normal common sense you have side stepped (like the fact he's a bigoted, misogynist buffoon who is incredibly lacking in any basic logic and is regularly caught being either factually incorrect or lying), let's take a look at his business credentials.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/how-donald-trump-couldve-got-rich-without-trying-2015-9?r=US&IR=T

So judging by that, Trump consistently performs worse than the index.

Hardly a great business track record.
  • VTech

Aside from all the normal common sense you have side stepped (like the fact he's a bigoted, misogynist buffoon who is incredibly lacking in any basic logic and is regularly caught being either factually incorrect or lying), let's take a look at his business credentials.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/how-donald-trump-couldve-got-rich-without-trying-2015-9?r=US&IR=T

So judging by that, Trump consistently performs worse than the index.

Hardly a great business track record.

Come on Rick, thats real low grade evidence my friend :mrgreen:
    Also, aside from the normal common sense you have sidestepped, like the fact that I have been referring to his business credentials of which if you honestly are suggesting have been poor, I feel your ability to comment against me is flawed. He does have a midas touch (of course there have been losses before you wilfully try and bring that in) but he does make things happen.

But I guess the best option for some of you is the type we have around the world who tell the people what they want to hear, get elected and do whatever is easiest for them in the short term whilst knowing full well that long term the country will be in a worse state and there will be zero accountability.

Regardless of the problems with DT, how many politicians out there have proven themselves at top level to have done what was right for the country ?
    Mrs Thatcher tried and people laughed at her death but thats how the masses work, I remember on this very forum where people made fun of her death, to me those people are scum. You may not like that, you may decide a ban is in order for it but it is my honest opinion.

This is why I chose to look after me and my own (yes, some dislike that that too) but the truth is, I can't rely on the country doing the right thing so I do.

Bring it on :wink:
    Living MY dream.
  • I didn't laugh at Thatchers death, it was just a shame it took so long in arriving.

I am not scum, and Donald Trump is a total @rsehole and god forbid he ever become president of the USA.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • ballysmate
    VTech, you put great store in accountability. Nowt wrong with that, people should be accountable for their mistakes or omissions.
    Trump presided over 4 corporations that had to seek bankruptcy because he overstretched or mismanaged. He himself was immune to any financial obligation. Smart business practice no doubt. But scant regard for accountability. I wonder if he would bring the same mindset to the Presidency if, God forbid, he was elected.
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    Whether or not he is a good businessman is a moot point.

But clearly he doesn't have the needed diplomatic skills to portray himself as a statesman.

This isn't 2009 and as such the economy isn't the key factor, as things seem to be on the mend in that regard. What needs fixing is the issue surrounding the lunatics called ISIS and much as my emotional reaction might be erase them from the face of the earth by whatever means, I don't want the leader of a nuclear power thinking this way.

What is needed is an approach that deals with this issue without alienating the entire Muslim faith, and Trump isn't the man to do this.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Trump has managed to lose half of his inheritance. He's that good.

As well as preaching hatred.

If he gets in, then expect the rest of the world pulling away from the US, revolting foreign policy to appease the 'Obama is a Muslim lover and should be put in jail for crimes against America' insular, non-passport-wielding, thick, naive American support.

If you're in any doubt of who I'm talking about, take a look at his facebook page and the comments from his supporters on his posts.

It really is very scary indeed how a supposedly civilised country can have so much hatred and so many bigots.
  • Anyone who says the reason the Paris shootings were so bad was because "only the bad guys had guns" is a total moron.

I would not feel very safe if everyone in my "local" had a gun about their person. Not that it's a rough pub but all pubs have the occasional dis-agreement in them. Dread to think of the outcome if the protagonists were both carrying guns.
    Tail end Charlie

• pinno
    Anyone who says the reason the Paris shootings were so bad was because "only the bad guys had guns" is a total moron.

I would not feel very safe if everyone in my "local" had a gun about their person. Not that it's a rough pub but all pubs have the occasional dis-agreement in them. Dread to think of the outcome if the protagonists were both carrying guns.

You'd get rid of two plonkers simultaneously?
  • Anyone who says the reason the Paris shootings were so bad was because "only the bad guys had guns" is a total moron.

You'd get rid of two plonkers simultaneously?
    Possibly, but there's every chance more than the two plonkers may end up dead.
    Tail end Charlie