Off you go gents
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Wrote a rather longer post to find Fluffer beat me to it. Deleted it quick in the hope that nobody would notice. I did manage rather more than 13 characters though. Saying that, can't be fagged to type it out again.
    Bit blowy last night. Somehow the scaffold is still on the house opposite, but blow me did those plastic sheets make some noise.
    As Piña seemed impressed by my shirking yesterday I thought I'd demonstrate a higher level this morning. Computer is on, emails have been read and I should probably act on some of them. But, I thought I'd post this instead. Tea has been delivered and my nuts (ginger) are waiting to be dunked. My manager hasn't bothered to turn up yet although we start work at 8:30 so my shirking is very much second division compared to some.
    Should be a quiet day today, generally is in November. When is TLW in Hayes? I should warn the local hostelries.
    Onwards...
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I felt that my time was limited so short, sweet and first was all that mattered.

May go make a brew. Got to draft up a quick presentation for 2pm to explain to academics what academic malpractice is and what they should do.

Kinda sad about Jonah, more because it was sudden, but at least he got to see the recent Kiwi victory eh.

Last night was a rough pedal. Only managed an hour and my coastal location did not help with tailwinds. Was more a swirly mess. Kept me on my toes
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I see PInno is sat at 14,000 posts. Does anyone recall him saying that he was going to do a FF when he reached this milestone?
    No? Thought not. :cry:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    No wind here :D

These arrived yesterday...Wahey!

10312DF5-8104-4FE1-9426-F39E42881A8E.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,396
    New eyebrows?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    Spares for Mr Potato head?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    I see PInno is sat at 14,000 posts. Does anyone recall him saying that he was going to do a FF when he reached this milestone?
    FF didn't say that either until someone else had the idea, there's always hope Bally.
  • ballysmate
    FF didn't say that either until someone else had the idea, there's always hope Bally.

Our hopes have just been dashed. He's back. :lol:
  • Bored meeting today.

No pedaling because of the weather which is currently pishing me off. "Get out there" I hear you cry which is fair enough however I saw a moped wedged under a taxi this morning and judging by the amount of wet leaves blown onto the road I would hazzard a guess at those being the reason of said wedgie.

Onwards to garage based sweating and whining...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    Spares for Mr Potato head?
    Ha! You may be too quick for old man waffle68 but your no match for me Flan.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    Morning dissenters

Yay - two Woodruff keys. One spare. How many times do you expect to A) Loose another whilst B) Have to dismantle the Startenbernhardlanger wotsit again and loose one in the process ?

@VN. There are serious flaws in your thinking:

"As Piña seemed impressed by my shirking yesterday I thought I'd demonstrate a higher level [1] this morning. Computer is on [2], emails have been read [3] and I should probably act on some of them.[4]"

Where do we start?
    [1] A higher level would be logging on to BR before 9.11am
    [2] Okay, but the inference is "Computer is on so I can do work"
    [3] What? There is intention there to do No.4
    [4] It had better be some good acting 'cos one could presume a dedication to work over and above the call of the shirker.

Where tf is Stevo? Did he make it to work or did his QR skewer come loose and he had to call Evans Cycles for emergency breakdown assistance?

14,000. Bah -drop in the Ocean. When i have driven everyone away, it can be all mine. mine, mine. Do you hear?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    ^^^ This is true V68. Goody two shoes/ teachers pet giggling 5 min attempt at shirking. Poor show. But I'm here to help.

1.) Release all guilt ( A true shirker never feels guilty)
    2.) Never do today what can be put off till tomorrow or better still, next month.
    3.) Things will always work out in the end.
    4.) "You can't fire me! I didn't want this job anyway, I quit."
  • veronese68
    Computer had to be on to log on here.
    Checked it could all be put off prior to shirking. A bare minimum needs to be done to ensure continued payment of wages.
    Things do generally work out in the end.
    They won't fire me. I know too much and my sales figures are good in spite of all the shirking.
  • ballysmate
    Morning dissenters

Yay - two Woodruff keys. One spare. How many times do you expect to A) Loose another whilst B) Have to dismantle the Startenbernhardlanger wotsit again and loose one in the process ?

@VN. There are serious flaws in your thinking:

"As Piña seemed impressed by my shirking yesterday I thought I'd demonstrate a higher level [1] this morning. Computer is on [2], emails have been read [3] and I should probably act on some of them.[4]"

Where do we start?
    [1] A higher level would be logging on to BR before 9.11am
    [2] Okay, but the inference is "Computer is on so I can do work"
    [3] What? There is intention there to do No.4
    [4] It had better be some good acting 'cos one could presume a dedication to work over and above the call of the shirker.

Where tf is Stevo? Did he make it to work or did his QR skewer come loose and he had to call Evans Cycles for emergency breakdown assistance?

14,000. Bah -drop in the Ocean. When i have driven everyone away, it can be all mine. mine, mine. Do you hear?

Laters.

Not been heard from since going on the drink last night. Hope he's not been snatched by the Provisional wing of tax dodgers.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424

Yay - two Woodruff keys. One spare. How many times do you expect to A) Loose another whilst B) Have to dismantle the Startenbernhardlanger wotsit again and loose etc

The woodruff is in place, a snug fit, and the startenfartengennyfangler is reassembled, all set up and test run complete, couple of tricky bits but I got Mrs T to do those bits :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Busy saving tax as usual :) Took the train home last night as a combination of high winds and lots of grog did not look like a good option. Pedalling tonight instead as there's only a bit of rain forecast.

Got a very good view sat in the pub last night so decided to stay put for a while the ladies in question obligingly stayed standing right in my line of sight :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Accountant. Single. Pervert. Drinks alone.

I used to be in profiling...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Busy saving tax as usual :) Took the train home last night as a combination of high winds and lots of grog did not look like a good option. Pedalling tonight instead as there's only a bit of rain forecast.

Got a very good view sat in the pub last night so decided to stay put for a while the ladies in question obligingly stayed standing right in my line of sight :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtS2PGXPUTs
  • pinno
    Accountant. Single. Pervert. Drinks alone.

He's not single. I guess that's why you left profiling? :wink:
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Wednesday's not got the best start for a day.

Hard fasted threshold session which is translated as zone 4 up this great big F.O hill 8 times which elicits a glow of self satisfaction. Pick any two words out of the first four in this sentence and it's not good news, use all four and it's a grim.

Walk into the office with said glow for a key member of staff to announce he's off travelling for the next three months from January. I can't blame him TBH just more notice would have been better which then started a scramble to find a suitable replacement.

Anyone know a good PHP coder?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    I've just been in a meeting about lubricants, makes tax look interesting.
    What's a PHP coder? Can I learn it by January? Does it pay well? Are there any good norks in the office?
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    If I had to guess I'd say PHP is a server-side scripting language designed for web development but also used as a general-purpose programming language.

just off the top of my head.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Accountant. Single. Pervert. Drinks alone.

Two out of four isn't bad :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    If I had to guess I'd say PHP is a server-side scripting language designed for web development but also used as a general-purpose programming language.

just off the top of my head.
    Che? No habla Espanol.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Work meh day was improved by a new jacket delivery and then the pub

V68 - Hayes might might be a fleeting visit, so might just drop into yours if that's ok. Had a response to your email from the other day - he really appreciated it
  • Flâneur

V68 - Hayes might might be a fleeting visit, so might just drop into yours if that's ok. Had a response to your email from the other day - he really appreciated it

The new shell?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1

The new shell?

:)

Though...... Not 100% sure of the size, too much room around the middle & arms :(
  • pinno

The new shell?

:)

Though...... Not 100% sure of the size, too much room around the middle & arms :(

You of all people should be able to rectify that.
  • veronese68
    You're always welcome here, might even be able to rustle up a coffee. Glad to hear that.
  • tlw1
    You're always welcome here, might even be able to rustle up a coffee. Glad to hear that.

Will try my best, as it would be a good wind up for your ex-employees at our place