Ortlieb Brompton Luggage

Coach H
Coach H Posts: 1,092
edited November 2015 in Commuting chat
Brompton owners; how much would you pay for a front luggage option for an s-type using a Ortlieb 12.5 ltr roll top pannier?

I think I have perfected modifying an s-type carrier frame and Ortlieb front roller city pannier. With the outlandish cost of Brompton luggage, I can make these for considerably less and I think provide a better option than what is currently available. Obviously can also be used on other Brompton variants but s-type is the most restrictive due to height of the bars.

Not looking to make it a commercial venture, just like making them and wondered if there was any interest.
Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')

Comments

• Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    OK, I get the message :lol:
    Good job I wasn't looking at a Kickstarter pitch
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    If I had a Brompton and was looking at luggage options I might have been interested. But I haven't and I'm not, so for that reason, I'm out.

But I and the other Dragons wish you well in your venture.

And WTF is Duncan Bannatyne doing in the jungle with Ant and Dec eating crocodile genitalia?? His divorce must've been more expensive that I thought :shock:

ETA - fair play to him; his fee will be going to the Operation Smile charity
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I might have done, it's a nice idea, but I hardly use my Brompton these days; the train is less pleasant than ever, and when I do use it I find it easier to ride a beater bike to the station and then use a Boris Bike at the other end.

OT: Anyone interested in a race-optimised 8-speed Brompton? Bullhorn bars with bar-end brakes/shifter, narrow rims, narrow tyres, top 5 finisher in Brompton World Champs...
    Pannier, 120rpm.