2015 Ghent 6 Day 17th to 22nd November

deejay
deejay Posts: 3,138
edited November 2015 in Pro race
Tomorrow starts this event. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.
Ghent Six-Day 2015 start list
1. Lotto: Jasper De Buyst (BEL) & Otto Vergaerde (BEL)
2. Baloise Insurance: Kenny De Ketele (BEL) & Gijs Van Hoecke (BEL)
3. 3M: Yoeri Havik (NED) & Melvin van Zijl (NED)
4. Etixx-QuickStep: Iljo Keisse (BEL) & Michael Morkov (DEN)
5. John Saey – Lecot-Raedschelders: Alex Rasmussen (DEN) & Marc Hester (DEN)
6. Topsport Vlaanderen: Andreas Muller (GER) & Stijn Steels (BEL)
7. Primus Haacht: Marcel Kalz (GER) & Christian Grasmann (GER)
8. Provincie OOst-Vlaanderen: Morgan Kneisky (FRA) & Moreno De Pauw (BEL)
9. Callant – Upgrade Estate: Tristan Marguet (SUI) & Benjamin Thomas (FRA)
10. T-interim: Lindsay De Vylder (BEL) & David Muntaner (ESP)
11. Vanreusel Snacks: Roy Pieters (NED) & Christopher Lawless (GBR)
12. Caruur: Nick Stöpler (NED) & Jesper Morkov (DEN)

Highlights on Eurosport each day ??
Live on Sunday, Day 6
Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972

Comments

• Only coverage on Sunday, I think.

Benjamin Thomas: First saw him while watching Becky in Hyeres, twice lapping the field in a junior points race and then winning the finishing sprint.
    Some talent I thought. Nice Welsh name too, for a Frenchie................
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • deejay
    Only coverage on Sunday, I think.
    The schedule has changed since I last looked 2/3 days ago and I saw Gent 6 day in amonst all the revolution repeats.
    So only the Live session on Sunday at 1300 GMT (1400 CET) for 225 mins till 1645 GMT (1745 CET)

During those times there is :- Round 3 World Cup Cyclocross at Koksijde (BEL) on Sporza Stream and British Eurosport Highlights Monday 23rd November 1300 GMT 60 mins.
  • Tomorrow starts this event. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.
    Ghent Six-Day 2015 start list
    1. Lotto: Jasper De Buyst (BEL) & Otto Vergaerde (BEL)
    2. Baloise Insurance: Kenny De Ketele (BEL) & Gijs Van Hoecke (BEL)
    3. 3M: Yoeri Havik (NED) & Melvin van Zijl (NED)
    4. Etixx-QuickStep: Iljo Keisse (BEL) & Michael Morkov (DEN)
    5. John Saey – Lecot-Raedschelders: Alex Rasmussen (DEN) & Marc Hester (DEN)
    6. Topsport Vlaanderen: Andreas Muller (GER) & Stijn Steels (BEL)
    7. Primus Haacht: Marcel Kalz (GER) & Christian Grasmann (GER)
    8. Provincie OOst-Vlaanderen: Morgan Kneisky (FRA) & Moreno De Pauw (BEL)
    9. Callant – Upgrade Estate: Tristan Marguet (SUI) & Benjamin Thomas (FRA)
    10. T-interim: Lindsay De Vylder (BEL) & David Muntaner (ESP)
    11. Vanreusel Snacks: Roy Pieters (NED) & Christopher Lawless (GBR)
    12. Caruur: Nick Stöpler (NED) & Jesper Morkov (DEN)

Highlights on Eurosport each day ??
    Live on Sunday, Day 6
    I can pick the winners already. :wink:
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,877
    With the Belguim soccer match called off this evening, and additional concerns about the Davis cup final in Ghent next week, is this definitely going ahead?
  • I'll be there Friday night with ddraver, and maybe Saturday if we can score some returns at the ticket office.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    yep, looking forward to it! :D- need to think about Saturday (and so sunday) as I half made plans to meet some people back 'ere
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • yep, looking forward to it! :D- need to think about Saturday (and so sunday) as I half made plans to meet some people back 'ere

You should at least stay for a proper Gent night out on Saturday.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    :twisted:
  • ddraver
    you'll discover that I have the breaking strain of a kit kat when it comes to these things...

(weather for saturday looks atrocious :( )
    - @ddraver
  • yep, looking forward to it! :D- need to think about Saturday (and so sunday) as I half made plans to meet some people back 'ere

You should at least stay for a proper Gent night out on Saturday.

Yeah, no wussing, ddraver
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    you'll discover that I have the breaking strain of a kit kat when it comes to these things...

(weather for saturday looks atrocious :( )

Surely the velodrome has a roof?!
  • ddraver
    yes but we were planning a Belgian Cycling experience for Saturday Morning

(I say we, DG knows the area and where to go)
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Surely bad weather is part of the Belgian Cycling Experience... or have you gone all Frenchie? :wink:

Either way enjoy Ghent... am very jealous...
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    Surely bad weather is part of the Belgian Cycling Experience... or have you gone all Frenchie? :wink:

Also jealous. The place is just drenched in cycling culture.
    Did a similar trip last year with bunch of Herberts: daytime rides (did an epic one over and around Paterberg, Kwaermont, Koppenberg, etc, guided by some loon in shorts - baring in mind it was about 2c. Maybe that was disgruntledgoat?. We thought we were the business riding through and off on a canal side bike path: ave. 26mph. Strava revealed that Thomas De Gendt's ave. for same stretch: about 32mph... On his own) followed by mooch up hill to the track in the evenings via terrific bars (incl. Iljo Keisse's dad's one - great buzz in there).
    Made the junior mistake of starting on La Chouffe/Duvel, etc before getting to the Kuipke where the only option was Jupiler or Primus or whatever in a tiny plastic beaker...
  • ddraver

I'm hoping it will change but I'm talking really very bad...
    - @ddraver
  • Surely bad weather is part of the Belgian Cycling Experience... or have you gone all Frenchie? :wink:

Did a similar trip last year with bunch of Herberts: daytime rides (did an epic one over and around Paterberg, Kwaermont, Koppenberg, etc, guided by some loon in shorts - baring in mind it was about 2c. Maybe that was disgruntledgoat?. We thought we were the business riding through and off on a canal side bike path: ave. 26mph. Strava revealed that Thomas De Gendt's ave. for same stretch: about 32mph... On his own) followed by mooch up hill to the track in the evenings via terrific bars (incl. Iljo Keisse's dad's one - great buzz in there).
    Made the junior mistake of starting on La Chouffe/Duvel, etc before getting to the Kuipke where the only option was Jupiler or Primus or whatever in a tiny plastic beaker...

You can get duvel at tge kuipke but they keep it quiet.

The de gendt strava one was motorpacing by the way

@gietvangent
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224

What a fool! I should've known - on both counts...
  • Surely bad weather is part of the Belgian Cycling Experience... or have you gone all Frenchie? :wink:

What a fool! I should've known - on both counts...

I steal quite a lot of his routes as he lives in the next village to us. I'm quite the Strava stalker of TdG.

Keisse and Morkov held their lead last night, Kenny, Jesper and Gies are all lurking though. Not sure what happened last night but everybody else seems to be a crazy number of laps down now.

@gietvangent
  • deejay
    Keisse and Morkov held their lead last night, Kenny, Jesper and Gies are all lurking though. Not sure what happened last night but everybody else seems to be a crazy number of laps down now.
    Ghent Finish 2nd Night
    1. Iljo Keisse/Michael Mørkøv (Den) 151 - 0 Laps
    2. Jasper De Buyst/Otto Vergaerde 140 - 0 Laps
    3. Kenny De Ketele/Gijs Van Hoecke 137 - 0 Laps
    4. Moreno De Pauw/Morgan Kneisky (Fra) 132 - 0 Laps
    5. Alex Rasmussen/Marc Hester (Den) 81 - +1 Lap
    6. Nick Stöpler/Jesper Mørkøv (Ned/Den) 49 - +2 Lap
    7. Yoeri Havik/Melvin van Zijl (Ned) 56 - +3
    8. Marcel Kalz/Christian Grasmann (Dui) 42 - +3
    9. Roy Pieters/Christopher Lawless (Ned/GBr) 19 - +12
    10. Lindsay De Vylder/David Muntaner (Spa) 21 - +14
    11. Stijn Steels/Andreas Müller (Dui) 17 - +14
    12. Tristan Marguet/Benjamin Thomas (Zwi/Fra) 25 - +16

End of 3rd Night results
    1. Jasper De Buyst/Otto Vergaerde 215
    2. Iljo Keisse/Michael Mørkøv (Den) 228 +1
    3. Kenny De Ketele/Gijs Van Hoecke 219 +1
    4. Moreno De Pauw/Morgan Kneisky (Fra) 204 +2
    5. Alex Rasmussen/Marc Hester (Den) 129 +2
    Others @ 7 Laps
  • deejay
    4th Night (Friday) Standings
    1. Iljo Keisse/Michael Mørkøv (Den) 306
    2. Kenny De Ketele/Gijs Van Hoecke 296
    3. Jasper De Buyst/Otto Vergaerde 295
    4. Alex Rasmussen/Marc Hester (Den) 171 +1
    5. Moreno De Pauw/Morgan Kneisky (Fra) 270 +3
    6. Nick Stöpler/Jesper Mørkøv (Ned/Den) 97 +8
    5th Night (Saturday) Standings
    1. Iljo Keisse/Michael Mørkøv (Den) 377 - 0
    2. Jasper De Buyst/Otto Vergaerde 375 - 0
    3. Kenny De Ketele/Gijs Van Hoecke 357 - 0
    4. Alex Rasmussen/Marc Hester (Den) 205 - 0
    5. Moreno De Pauw/Morgan Kneisky (Fra) 323 +6
    6. Nick Stöpler/Jesper Mørkøv (Ned/Den) 135 +10
    Should be interesting Sunday afternoon on Eurosport Live.
  • Superb action from the Gent 6 on eurosport at the moment. So close between the teams of Keisse, De Ketele, DeBuyst and Rasmussen. the closest I can remember for a few years.
    Keisse has a camera on his bike showing some scary footage as they pass through the waiting riders.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Keisse and Morkov going for a double lap!
    @JaunePeril

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Fantastic... loved that.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Keisse and Morkopv take a sneaky lap and max points to shut down the Gent 6. That's his 5th title, looks like he'll be the next Sercu!
    @JaunePeril

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    First time I've watched 6 day racing. That final Madison was superb and tactically brilliant by Kiesse and Morkov. If it runs at the same time every year it is over my birthday so I might start planning a trip for next year.
  • First time I've watched 6 day racing. That final Madison was superb and tactically brilliant by Kiesse and Morkov. If it runs at the same time every year it is over my birthday so I might start planning a trip for next year.

It's a must. The atmosphere is incredible not like modern velodromes which can be a bit sterile. It rocks, a real good party that smells of beer and hotdogs. The track is so tight and steep!
    @JaunePeril

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    It got me thinking....
    I remember going to the Skol Six Day at Empire Pool Indoor Arena Wembley way back in 1968.
    I don't know how I came to go there as I was only into cycling as mode of transport plus additional training to my kayak racing.

But I do remember really enjoying the atmosphere and the racing... btw, Peter POST and Patrick SERCU won.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Illlllljjjooooooo!

@gietvangent
  • deejay
    It got me thinking....
    I remember going to the Skol Six Day at Empire Pool Indoor Arena Wembley way back in 1968.
    I don't know how I came to go there as I was only into cycling as mode of transport plus additional training to my kayak racing.

But I do remember really enjoying the atmosphere and the racing... btw, Peter POST and Patrick SERCU won.
    I enjoyed that one too and several others. ie Tony Gowland winning with Patrick Sercu in 1972.
    Then went to Ghent a couple of times for their atmosphere.