Sunday; the day after.

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,196
edited November 2015 in The bottom bracket
A sombre day. I cannot help but feel for the Parisians and all those caught up in the senseless acts of the past 36 hours. I spent probably the best 3 weeks of my life there, with a walking stick just prior to hip-op number 1.

I found them the most accommodating of people whilst exploring the less touristy areas and spouting my rough French, never once did I feel unwelcome and almost everywhere I went, people gave up seats for me on the metro or space on the pavement.

So, back to the banal but benign BB. How the f*ck are you all?

Raining here. May pedal later if the clouds stop chucking wet stuff down but that's looking optimistic.

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Finished terrorising the playground and the bus. Now sampling a selection of alcohol mixtures in cans whilst the Missus put the turkey thighs in the oven :D Full of cold but taking it like a man, good day so far. Have a good day everyone.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Pah, what I thought was lack of sleep is turning out to be man flu. I've tried a full English breakfast and coffee cure with some mates but its not working. So I think I'll sit and doss for a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    Day 3 in a row on the turbo.
    Wanting this weather to relent and get in some proper cycling.
    Thinking I may well get my moneys worth out of it though. :|
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Watching gp after a day involving a few run, being cold whilst watching the kids at rugby and cleaned the cars. Sunday dinner and pub will happen soon
  • Felling suprisingly well considering we got to bed at 4.30...

In a dramatic turn of events Mrs HD demanded a pub lunch to soak up the Prosecco and I just about managed a shandy with my fish and chips.

Feeling a right fatty now but looking forward to flattening the couch later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Day 3 in a row on the turbo.
    Wanting this weather to relent and get in some proper cycling.
    Thinking I may well get my moneys worth out of it though. :|

Same here, it is making it more justifiable to buy a wahoo kickr which I have resisted until now due to it being too expensive though, so every cloud...

Met the parents today for lunch which was good, back home now thinking of things o prolong the inevitable of work tomorrow.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Pinno, once again "nail on head"
    Thought I was very rude to someone on here,but apparently I am not. God I love this place.
    Today, walk on the beach (yeah, I know no bike ride :o )
    Then pub.
    My neighbours are dick-heads, but there we go.

Love and peace to all.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening all,
    Traditional slow start was followed by the boy driving to rugby leaving my nerves in tatters. This was followed by assembly of bits of wood hip from flat pack hell. A brief interlude to take the girl to check the size of her new bike was followed by screwing assembled sh!t to walls. Might go for a beer now.
  • Evening all,
    Traditional slow start was followed by the boy driving to rugby leaving my nerves in tatters. This was followed by assembly of bits of wood hip from flat pack hell. A brief interlude to take the girl to check the size of her new bike was followed by screwing assembled sh!t to walls. Might go for a beer now.
    Mmm beer. Have one for me. Now home having pink wine, after loads of beer in my local with my local Cockney geezer ( he won't thank me for this :wink: )
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Spent the morning getting wet and blown on the bike, pm and took the daughter to see spectre which was half decent and finishes off my recovery week and back on the normal training regime from Tuesday......
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    morning on the crud, 3 punctures all different places ffs. Kind guy gave me a tube, managed to catch him in the cafe and throw him £5. Think I need a new groupo n forks for fun. May equal a new bike

I do however have an issue with all the guys pushing their 5k mtbs up a gentle hill... Stevo care to answer?

Otherwise a lovely afternoon with cake and champagne on the sofa with the West Wing for tv
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474

I do however have an issue with all the guys pushing their 5k mtbs up a gentle hill... Stevo care to answer?

tv

He's too posh to push the pedals...
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    morning on the crud, 3 punctures all different places ffs. Kind guy gave me a tube, managed to catch him in the cafe and throw him £5. Think I need a new groupo n forks for fun. May equal a new bike

Otherwise a lovely afternoon with cake and champagne on the sofa with the West Wing for tv
    If they weren't on DH bikes doing an uplift day then I hope you gave them some stick.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Thought I was very rude to someone on here,but apparently I am not.
    I take the view that is something can be taken one of two ways most people mean the way that won't cause offence. Unlike the way my Mrs seems to take some comments, but that's another story. When reading anything on here assume it's written by a person with a smile on their face and a twinkle in their eye. Very hard to get offended then.
    Occasionally however...
  • veronese68
    Think I need a new groupo n forks for fun. May equal a new bike
    I think Merlin have cheap Shimano MTB groupsets. But...new bike. :mrgreen:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I take the view that is something can be taken one of two ways most people mean the way that won't cause offence. Unlike the way my Mrs seems to take some comments, but that's another story. When reading anything on here assume it's written by a person with a smile on their face and a twinkle in their eye. Very hard to get offended then.
    Occasionally however...

especially by this crowd, except 47b, he is wise and serious, though possibly high on mushrooms
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Flâneur wrote:
    Veronese68[/url]"]
    BelgianBeerGeek[/url]"]
    Occasionally however...

especially by this crowd, except 47b, he is wise and serious, though possibly high on mushrooms

Mrs T laughed and said "wise and serious, they don't know you very well do they?" But hey, she didn't mention the mushrooms :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    Veronese68[/url]"]
    BelgianBeerGeek[/url]"]
    Occasionally however...

Mrs T laughed and said "wise and serious, they don't know you very well do they?" But hey, she didn't mention the mushrooms :D
    Read the words "wise and serious" with a smile on your face and a twinkle in your eye. :wink:
    And a heavy dose of sarcasm perhaps
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Flâneur wrote:
    Veronese68[/url]"]
    BelgianBeerGeek[/url]"]
    Occasionally however...

Read the words "wise and serious" with a smile on your face and a twinkle in your eye. :wink:

I was in no doubt whatsoever that when someone is being that polite and respectful and says wise and serious, he means 'old' :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Veronese68[/url]"]
    BelgianBeerGeek[/url]"]
    Occasionally however...

I was in no doubt whatsoever that when someone is being that polite and respectful and says wise and serious, he means 'old' :D
    The term 'wise and serious fart' doesn't have quite the same ring to it :)