Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    One of these bad boys for £48!
    Gore Bike Wear Xenon Softshell Jersey
    Gore-Bike-Wear-Xenon-2-0-Softshell-Long-Sleeve-Jersey-Long-Sleeve-Jerseys-Black-White-AW13-0.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

Great jersey, I have one in Large which I have used for a few years and it is great, very versatile due to the zips, which make it very breathable and the windstopper panels. For vigorous efforts it is good for up to 0c. and you can wear it on its own or with a short sleeve baselayer.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Three pints of ale and a takeaway Thai curry nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

Nom ....nom

Nom
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • bomster
    bomster Posts: 202
    Gore-Bike-Wear-Xenon-2-0-Softshell-Long-Sleeve-Jersey-Long-Sleeve-Jerseys-Black-White-AW13-0.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

Great jersey, I have one in Large which I have used for a few years and it is great, very versatile due to the zips, which make it very breathable and the windstopper panels. For vigorous efforts it is good for up to 0c. and you can wear it on its own or with a short sleeve baselayer.

Whereabouts? That's a reet bargain!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    edited November 2015
    One of these in a 350mm/25.4mm flavour - £70, but effectively free as my bike should have come with one to start with!
    41G3klPUiwL._SX522_.jpg
    Also could not resist a pair of these for the missus for £40!
    CLFR3WPW_P1.jpg
    And one of these for all day rides:
    BAARSPM_P1.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    NOM
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I was a bit surprised when my new 6800 compact crank turned up. Just because they were at hand, I weighed my old 6700 39/53 double as it came off - the old crank was only about 30g heavier than the new one and it's reasonable to think much of that comes from the larger rings. I'm only surprised because I think that there's normally a weight reduction with each generation (especially as we're now 4 arms rather than 5) but it shows it pays to check. Do I care? No.

1976 Suntour Cyclone rear mech - 176g
    2008 Shimano Dura Ace 7800 rear mech - 185g

It took until 2009, 33 years later, before Shimano made a lighter rear mech than the Suntour Cyclone and the Suntour is still probably more durable!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • gabriel959

Whereabouts? That's a reet bargain!

from Amazon, it was the last one, back to £145 now unfortunately!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Bought a spare 25c Conti GP 4Season from Cycle Surgery but didn't pay their extortionate £55, price matched them with Wiggle for £32, thought I had another at home but it was a 28c for the other bike. Cleared the shelf of Haribo in Sainsuburys, walked upto the checkout with the box that was on the shelf.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Madison Race Apex jacket. I think, at long last, I've found that elusive proper rain jacket.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    Moon X300 - good quality light for the money.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Crane Yellow Jersey of Authority from Aldi for a tenner. Seems decent enough for the money, cosy warm, nice big reflective details.

Contemplating an 'Elephant Bike' for popping to the shops but haven't succumbed yet.
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Exposure TraceR light for £39 from Sigma and 2 x Tau lights and a tail pack from Alpkit.

Oh and a KMC ss chain from Halfrauds and a Shimano square taper bb tool.
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • 2 no. Conti GP 4 Seasons from Evans, priced matched for a £1 discount each (it's the principle!)

Got a £10 voucher into the bargain.
  • gabriel959
    A Gore Softshell helmet skullcap as my 7 year old Endura one is a bit worse for wear. Got it for a bargain £13 too :-)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Rapha Pro Team jacket in blue from the Archive bit they have in Rapha Manchester.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    Rapha Pro Team jacket in blue from the Archive bit they have in Rapha Manchester.

Well done.

I have the very same (in xs) and it's very good.

Though weather has been quite warm so hasn't had many runs out!
  • daniel_b
    Two of these yellow Halo aerotrack rims:
    rmha-aerotrack-15-grp.jpg

Discontinued, but think I may have nabbed something like the last 2 around!
    Ordered two from 'Billys' in Cambridge, but they rang me up and said they only had one.
    Ordered one from Winstanleys, and now says they are out of stock!

£45 for the pair delivered - both already on their way, can't really grumble with that :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    One of these

http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/brother-cycles-swift-track-14347#photo102735.jpg

Brother Swift Bronze. I'm officially rad.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Got your skinny jeans yet?
  • Some rather glamorous chainring bolt washers for the SSCX.
  • Rapha Pro Team jacket in blue from the Archive bit they have in Rapha Manchester.

Do you know if the archive section is a permanent thing? I'll be in Manchester after Christmas and would definitely go and pay my respects.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift

Well done.

I have the very same (in xs) and it's very good.

Though weather has been quite warm so hasn't had many runs out!

Mine's a Medium, they had a decent range of sizes in which I found quite surprising. Also had a lot of Rain Jackets, plus a whole heap of the Data Print stuff.

Wore it on my commute today and found it pretty warm, will have to wait for the temperature to drop a bit more before it gets a full run out.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Front and rear derailleurs and a crankset for the Genesis. Then Evans sent me a "Spend and Save" voucher.

Still going really quite well this "build a bike for free..."
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Specialized Element 2.0 fluro winter gloves.
    I now unwittingly own 4 pairs of Spesh gloves.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A hub from Barnoldswick to go in the middle of an H Plus Son rim held together with DT spokes from Rose bikes.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Tried the a Rapha outlet again today. I'd say, if anything, the stock of men's stuff was even more almost exclusively XS and XXL - the ladies stuff seems to be growing as a proportion of the stock and seemed to have a range of sizes. Won't go back for a while.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • daniel_b
    Two of these - not due in until January - but with the 10% code they weigh in at a pretty respectable £27 each, instead of £50.

continental-grand-prix-4000s-II-tyre-yellow.jpg

Are they as good as reviews suggest?

I'm hoping they will be roll with less resistance than Michelin Pro 4 Endurance tyres.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Two of these - not due in until January - but with the 10% code they weigh in at a pretty respectable £27 each, instead of £50.

continental-grand-prix-4000s-II-tyre-yellow.jpg

Are they as good as reviews suggest?

I'm hoping they will be roll with less resistance than Michelin Pro 4 Endurance tyres.

I had the 28c on my Ritchey. They are nice and, scientifically, the reviews suggest they have less rolling resistance than either the Schwalbe One or the Pro 4. However, for me, I didn't feel it. Indeed I still think the Pro 4 feel the quickest and the One's feel the nicest. Good mind. Still very good.
  • I shall order that later. Yellow navy looks best to me.