The Spam-Free Thursday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited November 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Someone definitely wants us to buy FIFA 16! I've reported all the threads, so a mod can deal with them.

Today I feel shattered. Woke up at about 5:15 with heart palpitations, not nice, but it seems to have gone now. After work, I've been invited by my Aunt to a quiz (I think) in Headingley, however I've already made plans to go climbing so will have to turn it down. She rang me at 11:05 last night, I was in bed! Silly woman.

Anywho, that's it.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good sleep and now packing the car for a work night away with a work colleague who cycles too, so obviously I've packed a bike, despite the shoot looking weather
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning receivers of swollen goods,

Missed posting yesterday as i was too busy sat out in the sunshine, 24 degrees c here! Today looks similar. Did the local remembrance day at the war memorial, good turn out for such a small village!
    Today, gardening will feature. It is also my last official day in the armed forces, i'll be a civvy walker tomorrow!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Morning Ladies,

Well, very slow start for me today after 2,5 bottles of vodka last night !

My best mate came to visit us for few days, so we had a 'chat' last night.

Coffee, where is my coffee....??

C.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Monging morns,
    I have my traditional Thursday morning hangover, but kinioo has made me feel better. Lovely ride in this morning, stopped at my mates café for a shot of espresso then a slow ride through the park. Bright sun and a ground mist made it very picturesque. Had to stop at a narrow bit as there was a large stag blocking the path. Took my gloves off and got my phone out to get a picture and the phucker moved into the bracken, I'm sure he laughed at me as I rode off.
    I'd have killed all those fifa threads by now but can't as I'm now powerless, sorry. Someone important should be along shortly to deal with them.
    Out to the retirement do of one of the bosses tonight, invitation only and free booze could spell trouble. Unfortunately I have to be up early tomorrow to go to the NEC. That's bad timing.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning,

Bad sleep then getting up at 5am has left me a bit grumpy today. It is my Friday though so it's not all bad. Off to see the young un's doc in a bit then an afternoon of work meh.

Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Morning receivers of swollen goods,

Missed posting yesterday as i was too busy sat out in the sunshine, 24 degrees c here! Today looks similar. Did the local remembrance day at the war memorial, good turn out for such a small village!
    Today, gardening will feature. It is also my last official day in the armed forces, i'll be a civvy walker tomorrow!

Toodles
    How do you get to have a war memorial for just surrendering? :)

Stop talking about weather, its grey and damp here and skiing is some way off...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Sad how most of the young 'uns and people who didn't have family fighting in the war just overlook it.

My existence is from my Grandma (nona) and Grandad. I attended.

My Grandad was Yugoslavian and my Grandma Italian, both fled there home countries during the war. My Grandad thought alongside the british, was a POW in Salzgitter and then ended up in Scotland picking potatoes in what was described as one of the worst winters.

Then they both met at one of the famous London stations as service staff and the rest is history. Always found it interesting how my Grandad was too afraid to return home even until the '00s.