Diwali wednesday

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,424
edited November 2015 in The bottom bracket
Going to the beech for beer and curry, well you have to celebrate others religious festivals :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    winner by a minute

Working from home today as being superdad and picking the kids up from school. Tonight will be an attempt to work and catch up the picking up kids time but probably researching jackets, even though I know what I'm going to buy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Posting on T47's winning thread and ignoring Fluffer's thread of fail. Not only is his thread a failure but so is his car's service indicator. They may have just forgotten to reset it by the way.
    TLW you want to buy a retro looking softshell jacket made of ultra modern materials. Kind of like putting carbon bars on a Colnago Masters, preferably by a make that is considered snobbish. You are definitely buying the Rapha.
    Bit blowy out again this morning, but still very mild. Wednesday means I shall be visiting the pub later, this is good. I remembered to bring my lunch in with me, this is also good. The downside is nobody has delivered me cake, not yet anyway. This is the first day this week I haven't had cake so I'm hoping this can be rectified soon. Tea and biscuits will have to do for now.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    "Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything in second place" William C Bryant
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    First is first I am told. Unless you race with a Russian.

Morning shirkers, working at home until the garage opens. Asked for a service yday and said BTW the brake fluid light is now a x not a tick. Seems they only did that and not the service so the damn sign is still there.

Tea in hand, hounds walked, pulled pork sandwiches made for lunch, all by the date who left for work at 6.30. Winner.

Mr Robot and Highcastle both seem like good TV series for those with amazon prime

Gym later and attempt to fix the cx bike before I go the shop
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Too much wine with dinner last night so I could do with a dry day.

Thats not going to happen though as we're out tonight too.

Tomorrow then? Nope, then it's weekend anyway.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    the brake fluid light is now a x not a tick.
    That reminds me, mine has been on for a while I really should order some pads to make it go away. Anybody know a decent motor factors?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Morning Port and Shroom addicts

I put some black insulation tape over the flashing brake warning light on the van. It's common with that model.

Must do some work but cba.

TLW + Rapha, does not make any sense - can't picture it. When I were a lad, we wore hand knitted wool shorts, a bin liner with holes cut owt for arms and two dustbin lids strapped to yer ankles. Riding down Holm moss on 40 x 24 fixed taught yer t' pedal. You can still see the scars outside Hawes where tubby Arkwright's legs came unbolted at 200 rpm...

Laters.

@ VN68. Eurocar parts (if your not being sarcastic).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    (if your not being sarcastic).
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Do you really need to ask if I'm being sarcastic?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Do you really need to ask if I'm being sarcastic?

Can't see Pina's post as he is now on my ignore list for driving business to the competitors

V68 - Allparts Hayes is just up the road, if you let me know what you need I'm sure we can get you staff discount!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172

Can't see Pina's post as he is now on my ignore list for driving business to the competitors

V68 - Allparts Hayes is just up the road, if you let me know what you need I'm sure we can get you staff discount!
    What post is that? :P

Had a shockingly good ride into work this morning with the traffic lights for once almost unanimously going in my favour like the parting of the waves :) Even got a good run over the Waterloo/Aldwych junction and managed to buzz a dozy twonk with headphones on who stepped into the cycle lane; enjoyed watching him almost drop his coffee :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    I'll send you an email. :-)
    I didn't copy that filth Piña mentioned. I worked for them for a little while, never again. GSF are part of your gang now so should steer people that way if anything.
    Another post Stevo can't understand. :mrgreen:
    In a similar vein to his twonk I made a female jogger scream, no not like that. She veered from one side of the path to the other without looking as I was passing in spite of the fact that I'd rung my dingaling at her. So I called "lookout!" as I took to the grass to avoid her. Not only did she not look, she was wearing a headscarf to reduce her peripheral vision and there was a headphone cable just to make sure she'd eliminated as many sense as possible. Daft bint.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    I didn't copy that filth Piña mentioned. I worked for them for a little while, never again. GSF are part of your gang now so should steer people that way if anything.
    In a similar vein to his twonk I made a female jogger scream, no not like that. She veered from one side of the path to the other without looking as I was passing in spite of the fact that I'd rung my dingaling at her. So I called "lookout!" as I took to the grass to avoid her. Not only did she not look, she was wearing a headscarf to reduce her peripheral vision and there was a headphone cable just to make sure she'd eliminated as many sense as possible. Daft bint.
    I was cycling home last night along a quiet street, drafting a female cyclist in front of me when the strangest thing happened. She looks over her shoulder and suddenly starts to pedal faster, so I pedal faster, then she starts to sprint, so I sprint, then she screams, so I scream. I never even saw who we were trying to get away from.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I never even saw who we were trying to get away from.

I didn't think you had seen me!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    I was cycling home last night along a quiet street, drafting a female cyclist in front of me when the strangest thing happened. She looks over her shoulder and suddenly starts to pedal faster, so I pedal faster, then she starts to sprint, so I sprint, then she screams, so I scream. I never even saw who we were trying to get away from.

Funny, I like the screaming bit.. I had a similar experience in Sweden once (well you have to, don't you?). She got quicker and quicker as I tried to overtake. It was dark and eventually she pulled over and stopped. I could see that there was an intention to confront me and I just passed smiling and said hello in a friendly way. Whilst I was locking up the bike, she caught up and sheepishly acknowledged me, slightly embarrassed by her moment of panic for no real reason.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Couple of years ago an attractive lady overtook me going like bat out of hell, I caught her up at the next set of traffic lights and gentleman that I am informed her that her leggings were entirely see through. Blushing she told me that she knew as somebody else told her and she was trying to get home quickly :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    you guys have a hard time with women don't you
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I had to point out to one of the mother's at my son's gymnastic class that the zip on the back of her dress had split and it was now 3/4 open. She blushed and scuttled off.

most excellent day in these parts - really chilled out, some people we had visiting took care of all my work leaving me to wander around drinking coffee with another visiting bod before heading off to buy lunch and look at girls.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.