TLW Birthday Monday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,252
edited November 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning all,
Rather warm and mild out, but a bit blowy. Good weekend was over far too soon, could do with a few more days off. Off to the hospital for a check up later which is dull. Other than that I just have to upset a few customers this morning.
Hope you're all having fun.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Morning all,
    Rather warm and mild out, but a bit blowy. Good weekend was over far too soon, could do with a few more days off. Off to the hospital for a check up later which is dull. Other than that I just have to upset a few customers this morning.
    Hope you're all having fun.
    Standard check up? Anything we should be worried about? Finger up the bottom type check up?

I would have mentioned TLW1 birthday in the title but I guess I'm more thoughtful :P

Son number2 had his flu vaccination last Thursday and has been talking in tongues all night every night since as any devil child worth his salt would. I'm expecting the head to turn 360 degrees and green vomit anytime now.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Standard check up? Anything we should be worried about? Finger up the bottom type check up?
    Probably nothing, but need to check. Non intrusive I hope. :shock:
    I would have mentioned TLW1 birthday in the title but I guess I'm more thoughtful :P
    I did, what are you on about? Unfortunately now I'm firing blanks I can't edit your subject line.
  • The very small person goes back home this afternoon so peace will fall over HD Towers after a stressful sunday afternoon. Why do kids hone in on expensive TV's etc and feel the need to prod them?

Looking at the weather it's looking like the only pedal action will be garage based and as I've neglected myself of late I need to get on it.

The shed needs re-felting, why did I leave it until november to think about doing it???

Other than that, nothing of merit to waffle on about.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Many happy returns TLW.

Lovely day, just about perfect out there. Bit slow off the mark, after wobbling to a win in local club tennis champs yesterday. Already lousy joints now found a whole new world of stiff and sore.

Started prep on some more concrete footings to be done, but quit for lunch and never quite got back to it. Went for massage instead. Knew it was going to be bad when he took one look and just muttered "Jeez, what have you been doing?"

Shuffled home, and cancelled all remaining activities for the day. Decided whisky was the most appropriate analgesic. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Had my medical this morning, that wasn't fun. Now in work, grim outside so gym later I think.

Happy Birthday TLW, remember you are only as only as the woman you touch.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    who cares about TLW's birthday, in 1994 the chemical element darmstadtium was discovered, surely that is more of a cause for celebration?

Windy and a occasionally wet here, should mean a record breaking time home tonight though!

Someone at work is actually using a leaf blower!? We are due to have 45mph gusts of wind later so either all the leaves will be back and then some or they'll be much much further away than he could ever have got them! Rain is also due so i guess he'll be watering the plants next!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Happy birthday TLW (again). Today might be the best day to ask the trouble n strife for a leave out for 4th December as a sort of belated bike-related pressie :wink:

Good ride in this morning even if the mouthpiece on my Camelbak was leaking cold water onto my shorts for a while en route. For once the wind was not a headwind :shock: Coffee has perked me up in the meantime as has sitting opposite some very nice 'scenery' in the office :) Now plotting to get rid of Stropteens old bike so I can make room for N+1 :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Standard check up? Anything we should be worried about? Finger up the bottom type check up?
    Probably nothing, but need to check. Non intrusive I hope. :shock:

Did you hear about the depressed proctologist?

He's been feeling down in the dumps.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Happy birthday TLW don't forget to have a drink...oh forget that. :D

Cycled over to the monthly market in the next town this morning warm, sunny, and wind free...the weather was ok too :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Happy birthday old fella.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    joshjevans in da house, people.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Cheers

Been a birthday of too much work :( not even had a beer
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Well done for getting to 60 TLW.
    Well done for holding up the real ale industry single handed.
    Well done for managing to stop your liver escaping.

Evening noork supports

Managed to stay dry today. Dodged heavy rain by default. River Nith was 30 minutes from flooding when I made my getaway.
    Tomorrow Chewsday, meh and on that subject, I know a bloke in this town who was christened Meh and he looks like a bulldog's aris.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    who cares about TLW's birthday, in 1994 the chemical element darmstadtium was discovered, surely that is more of a cause for celebration?

Does exposure to Darmstadtium make you do silly things like putting full carbon monocoque bars on an old Italian classic?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Does exposure to Darmstadtium make you do silly things like putting full carbon monocoque bars on an old Italian classic?

To be pedantic, it was not discovered, it was synthesised.
  • pinno

To be pedantic, it was not discovered, it was synthesised.

and then slipped into beer as an additive in a conspiracy with Kebab shop owners? Obviously, you would need to drink a helluvalot for it to have any side effects because the carbon fetish symptoms are not very common in our beer drinking culture .