Osprey Raptor 14

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited November 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi All

Anyone using one of the above, looking for a new pack for longer and winter rides, don't want to carry the kitchen sink, basic tools, tube , pump, water, some flapjack and some where to stash a jacket, so nothing to big, if you have one what's it like and how much smaller is the 10, or can you recommend anything else ?

Comments

• Buy it.

I bought one three months ago. Great piece of kit. It is really well made and thought out. Dont bother with the 10l one. For a short ride just use the compression straps to compress it down a bit. I fill mine up quite well for normal rides. I wouldn't want smaller than 14 l personally. Bar my bike and merino wool baselayer it's my best piece of kit.
  • iwilldoit
    iwilldoit Posts: 710
    Buy it.

I bought one three months ago. Great piece of kit. It is really well made and thought out. Dont bother with the 10l one. For a short ride just use the compression straps to compress it down a bit. I fill mine up quite well for normal rides. I wouldn't want smaller than 14 l personally. Bar my bike and merino wool baselayer it's my best piece of kit.

Thanks for the advise :D
  • I've just ordered the raptor 10. Evans were doing it on a special for £60..